• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News: Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archives/39923-senior-fellow-institute-nonexistence.html

It was among the juicier post-election recriminations: Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.

Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. His blog does, but it’s a put-on. The think tank where he is a senior fellow — the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy — is just a Web site. The TV clips of him on YouTube are fakes. And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months. MSNBC, which quickly corrected the mistake, has plenty of company in being taken in by an Eisenstadt hoax, including The New Republic and The Los Angeles Times.

Now a pair of obscure filmmakers say they created Martin Eisenstadt to help them pitch a TV show based on the character.

Ohhhh this is just golden. :roll:
ANYONE who likes Palin is really....... interesting.

You really don't want to do dueling-gaff moments, do you?

Did you know we have 57 states in the union? Maybe he was counting Africa.

A thread about Africa needs this.

vuvuzelas-02.jpg

Youre a Republican and youre saying that what was reported about Palin was incorrect. Hmmmmmmm.....
I think your souces can not be trusted due to your bias. (and their bias)

Let's try this again.

This story comes from a guy named Marvin Eisenstadt. Marvin Eisenstadt was supposedly a McCain advisor. According to the NYT, MSNBC, and every other news outlet out there, Eisenstadt was actually a fictional character created by a guy who managed to hoax various media sources. None of this ever happened.

I'm not really sure how else I can explain this.

Let's try this again.

This story comes from a guy named Marvin Eisenstadt. Marvin Eisenstadt was supposedly a McCain advisor. According to the NYT, MSNBC, and every other news outlet out there, Eisenstadt was actually a fictional character created by a guy who managed to hoax various media sources. None of this ever happened.

I'm not really sure how else I can explain this.

It was on Fox News so it must be true

Back
Top Bottom