• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News legal analyst stunned at how Mueller made it impossible for Trump to save Manafort

Donc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I think if I was going to rig an election I would have the ALL OF the 175 pages.:lamo

<On Tuesday, Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano revealed to host Shep Smith that Special Counsel Robert Mueller acted strategically to block President Donald Trump from pardoning Paul Manafort.
Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager, was busted for lying even after he signed a plea agreement.>

<It is unclear exactly what he lied about, but Napolitano explained that Mueller designed the plea agreement in such a way that it is “pardon proof.”>

<“The guilty plea is 175 pages long. In my career, I have never seen one like this. It was so carefully crafted by Bob Mueller and signed by Paul Manafort, that at the time he pleaded guilty to the charges he was indicted for — which was basically bank fraud, money laundering, and some form of commercial bribery of foreign officials in federal court. He also pleaded guilty to uncharged state crimes in New Jersey, in Virginia and in California.”>

<He added, “Why did they do that? To make it pardon proof so if President Trump, which he can do, does pardon him for the federal crimes the state prosecutors in those states already have his guilty plea.”>

<“Mueller has played by the book, no leaks no lies that we know of,” he concluded.>

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/fox-news-legal-analyst-stunned-at-how-mueller-made-it-impossible-for-trump-to-save-manafort/?utm_source=push_notifications

So many lives ruined.

:violin

I think if I was going to rig an election I would have the ALL OF the 175 pages.:lamo

<O[FONT=&]n Tuesday, Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano revealed to host Shep Smith that Special Counsel Robert Mueller acted strategically to block President Donald Trump from pardoning Paul Manafort.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager, was busted for lying even after he signed a plea agreement.>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<It is unclear exactly what he lied about, but Napolitano explained that Mueller designed the plea agreement in such a way that it is “pardon proof.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<“The guilty plea is 175 pages long. In my career, I have never seen one like this. It was so carefully crafted by Bob Mueller and signed by Paul Manafort, that at the time he pleaded guilty to the charges he was indicted for — which was basically bank fraud, money laundering, and some form of commercial bribery of foreign officials in federal court. He also pleaded guilty to uncharged state crimes in New Jersey, in Virginia and in California.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<He added, “Why did they do that? To make it pardon proof so if President Trump, which he can do, does pardon him for the federal crimes the state prosecutors in those states already have his guilty plea.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<“Mueller has played by the book, no leaks no lies that we know of,” he concluded.>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/fox-news-legal-analyst-stunned-at-how-mueller-made-it-impossible-for-trump-to-save-manafort/?utm_source=push_notifications[/FONT]

I have seen no evidence that Trump would want to help Manafort, Manafort worked for free yes but that was about the value of his work too.

I have seen no evidence that Trump would want to help Manafort, Manafort worked for free yes but that was about the value of his work too.

What do think that Manafort getting for that FREE work.

<O[FONT=&]n Tuesday, Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano revealed to host Shep Smith that Special Counsel Robert Mueller acted strategically to block President Donald Trump from pardoning Paul Manafort.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager, was busted for lying even after he signed a plea agreement.>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<It is unclear exactly what he lied about, but Napolitano explained that Mueller designed the plea agreement in such a way that it is “pardon proof.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<“The guilty plea is 175 pages long. In my career, I have never seen one like this. It was so carefully crafted by Bob Mueller and signed by Paul Manafort, that at the time he pleaded guilty to the charges he was indicted for — which was basically bank fraud, money laundering, and some form of commercial bribery of foreign officials in federal court. He also pleaded guilty to uncharged state crimes in New Jersey, in Virginia and in California.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<He added, “Why did they do that? To make it pardon proof so if President Trump, which he can do, does pardon him for the federal crimes the state prosecutors in those states already have his guilty plea.”>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]<“Mueller has played by the book, no leaks no lies that we know of,” he concluded.>[/FONT]

[FONT=&]https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/fox-news-legal-analyst-stunned-at-how-mueller-made-it-impossible-for-trump-to-save-manafort/?utm_source=push_notifications[/FONT]

If Trump does yield to his own demons and pardons Manafort, he brings holy hell down upon him and strengthens the obstruction charges against him. And what does Manafort gain - state convictions and prison.

Mueller is way way way smarter than the average Trumpkin.

Manafort lied, eh?

What is in it for him? It sounds like Manafort is refusing to lie for Mueller. If he admits what Mueller tells him to, he can claim he is lying and perjuring himself simply for the deal. Perjury charges are the FBI’s stock in trade.

Face it. If you agree to anu truth to cut a deal, you are purjuring there, too.

There is no upside for Manafort here, no incentive, nada.

What do think that Manafort getting for that FREE work.

His expectation was Trump would fail in short order and that Manafort would use the connections that he gained in the effort to restart his career in a new direction, which was in the toilet at that point.

Manafort is none too bright but he knew that Trump had tapped into something new and real....new and real being exactly the ticket for a guy who's career had failed but also a guy with expensive tastes....a guy who had long lived the good life.....but the money was mostly gone.

Prison might be the safest place for Manafort.

But then again, thinking of Whitey Bulger and Jeffery Dahmer, maybe not.

Prison might be the safest place for Manafort.

But then again, thinking of Whitey Bulger and Jeffery Dahmer, maybe not.

Not becoming a Rat Fink is very likely the right call.

Manafort has played in the roughest of playgrounds.

If Trump does yield to his own demons and pardons Manafort, he brings holy hell down upon him and strengthens the obstruction charges against him. And what does Manafort gain - state convictions and prison.

Can you imagine trump on the golf course at Mar a Lago with his nose pressed to the front of his watching his fav station, and he sees this report.:mrgreen:

Not becoming a Rat Fink is very likely the right call.

Manafort has played in the roughest of playgrounds.

True that. And he did it while wearing very nice suits.

Just curious Hawk, but in your opinion.....

What's the difference between a whistle blower and a rat fink?

Does someone, who gives testimony regarding crimes committed by another, merit the label "rat fink" or "snitch?"

What do you think?

His expectation was Trump would fail in short order and that Manafort would use the connections that he gained in the effort to restart his career in a new direction, which was in the toilet at that point.

Manafort is none too bright but he knew that Trump had tapped into something new and real....new and real being exactly the ticket for a guy who's career had failed but also a guy with expensive tastes....a guy who had long lived the good life.....but the money was mostly gone.

That opens another can of worms of who is footen the bill for Manafort’s lawyers?

True that. And he did it while wearing very nice suits.

Just curious Hawk, but in your opinion.....

What's the difference between a whistle blower and a rat fink?

Does someone, who gives testimony regarding crimes committed by another, merit the label "rat fink" or "snitch?"

What do you think?

They are the same thing, the difference is the perspective of the viewer thus the different labels. In this case I am trying to highlight the possibility that him or his loved ones might be harmed by a former friend/employer, so I used Rat Fink.

I am disappointed that you did not know this.

Don't think it works that way. SINCE the state offenses WERE considered in the federal conviction and sentencing, if he was pardoned they could not prosecute him for those same state offenses because they were already adjudicated and taken into consideration in sentencing. If the federal conviction goes down it would seem any state offenses taken into consideration would also go down. What would not work to block a pardon is if the state charges were NOT part of the federal case.

Why haven't we ever been informed of how much Mueller has spent on his wardrobe?

They are the same thing, the difference is the perspective of the viewer thus the different labels. In this case I am trying to highlight the possibility that him or his loved ones might be harmed by a former friend/employer, so I used Rat Fink.

:2wave:

"The question, of course, is whether Manafort is completely stupid, overwhelmingly confident that he will be pardoned, or simply frightened by something even more terrifying than the prospect of spending his declining years in the federal sneezer—something like, say, a lovely bowl of strontium-90, served up to him by a concerned former overseas client. I used to laugh the latter explanation off. I don't do that anymore. Something is happening in Manafort's brainbox that dwarfs in his mind anything Mueller can do to him."

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a25320514/paul-manafort-lie-robert-mueller-plea-deal/

Why haven't we ever been informed of how much Mueller has spent on his wardrobe?

Why after this very extensive amount of time has our servant, supposed to be the best of the best, given us no guidance on the question he was hired to answer....is our President dirty?

This is injustice, this is abuse of the nation for clearly political aims.

<On Tuesday, Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano revealed to host Shep Smith that Special Counsel Robert Mueller acted strategically to block President Donald Trump from pardoning Paul Manafort.
Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager, was busted for lying even after he signed a plea agreement.>

<It is unclear exactly what he lied about, but Napolitano explained that Mueller designed the plea agreement in such a way that it is “pardon proof.”>

<“The guilty plea is 175 pages long. In my career, I have never seen one like this. It was so carefully crafted by Bob Mueller and signed by Paul Manafort, that at the time he pleaded guilty to the charges he was indicted for — which was basically bank fraud, money laundering, and some form of commercial bribery of foreign officials in federal court. He also pleaded guilty to uncharged state crimes in New Jersey, in Virginia and in California.”>

<He added, “Why did they do that? To make it pardon proof so if President Trump, which he can do, does pardon him for the federal crimes the state prosecutors in those states already have his guilty plea.”>

<“Mueller has played by the book, no leaks no lies that we know of,” he concluded.>

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/fox-news-legal-analyst-stunned-at-how-mueller-made-it-impossible-for-trump-to-save-manafort/?utm_source=push_notifications

Trenchantly puissant analysis by the judge. TY for sharing.

Shep's one of the few actual journalists at Fox and his show is among the few actual news and news analysis programs on Fox. It's unfortunate that it airs in the middle of the day when most folks are at work and can't watch it. (Do you know? Do Hannity and Fox and Friends' hosts routinely use Shep's (or other actual journalists') reporting and analysis as rubrics for their conversations?)

No, I was just unsure. That's all. That's why I asked. Wasn't sure.

I think that legal analysts are going to be studying Mueller as an example for many, many years to come. His ability to close every single crack and loophole that tRump and his corrupt company might otherwise escape through is uncanny.

Can you imagine trump on the golf course at Mar a Lago with his nose pressed to the front of his watching his fav station, and he sees this report.:mrgreen:

Wait until he reads (or has it read to him) the NY Times report tonight and Mueller discovering that Manafort was a mole and feeding info back to Trumps legal team which could very well be a whole new charge of obstruction of justice. Trump and his team just get deeper and deeper and deeper and can't stop digging.

I think that legal analysts are going to be studying Mueller as an example for many, many years to come. His ability to close every single crack and loophole that tRump and his corrupt company might otherwise escape through is uncanny.

And with the NY Times report tonight that Manafort may have been a mole squealing to Trump or his legal team from the inside - this could be a huge exploding bomb for Trump and more charges of obstruction of justice.

Don't think it works that way. SINCE the state offenses WERE considered in the federal conviction and sentencing, if he was pardoned they could not prosecute him for those same state offenses because they were already adjudicated and taken into consideration in sentencing. If the federal conviction goes down it would seem any state offenses taken into consideration would also go down. What would not work to block a pardon is if the state charges were NOT part of the federal case.

According to what I have read Mueller burned that bridge for Manafort in the 175 page plea agreement. There were a number of suspected Manafort crimes investigated by Mueller that occurred in California, Virginia and New York (I think) that were passed to the AGs in each respective state and purposely not presented to the grand jury convened for the special investigation. Trump may indeed pardon Manafort, though he'd be damned stupid to do so. As I understand it Manafort purposely left state courts open to prevent Trump from attempting to make deals with Manafort.

Makes sense when you think about it. Mueller is obviously very bright, very experienced and very dedicated. He has dealt with scum and low life professional criminals enough to predict their possible moves. Mueller knew enough about Trump, Manafort and a few others to know that they have lived lives of deceit and thuggery. Trump and Manafort, among others, cannot be trusted. There is much history to prove that. Mueller cut them off at the pass.

Manafort has already lost his wealth and all the gaudy bling that is so important to people like that. He isn't going to get it back. He isn't going to walk away and live free. Manafort's best bet is probably to maneuver a sentence to a federal prison rather than a state prison.

Wow. You have absolutely no idea how this all works.

Back
Top Bottom