• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News, ladies and gentlemen.

The first guy to respond lost me with his first sentence. "The whole point of the Olympics is ..."

Um, no.

We have pretty much lost the ability to talk about feminine beauty. Pretty soon admitting that we would rather look at beauty than ugly will be considered a character flaw. Already the lookists claim that I should not care what others look like. I cant wait to get told what else in this world I should not care about if I am to be judged a decent human being.

Last edited:
The first guy to respond lost me with his first sentence. "The whole point of the Olympics is ..."

Um, no.

Yeah, he's a moron. But what else can you expect from Faux News?

Yeah, he's a moron. But what else can you expect from Faux News?

This is the "entertainment" part of Fox News. I can't imagine a world where listening to Bo Dietl chunder out sentence fragments is "entertaining," but then again, I'm not their target demographic.

We have pretty much lost the ability to talk about feminine beauty. Pretty soon admitting that we would rather look at beauty than ugly will be considered a character flaw.

I remember that Twilight Zone episode!

Fox News = The MJ of lies, biased spin and nonsensical claims/stories
MSNBC = The Kobie of lies, biased spin and nonsensical claims/stories

Two of the all times greats. . .nothing new here
some may rank MSNBC first and Fox second and thats fine but anybody that doesn't have them ranked two of the greats is seriously fooling themselves

Fox News = The MJ of lies, biased spin and nonsensical claims/stories
MSNBC = The Kobie of lies, biased spin and nonsensical claims/stories

Two of the all times greats. . .nothing new here
some may rank MSNBC first and Fox second and thats fine but anybody that doesn't have them ranked two of the greats is seriously fooling themselves

Me = Kobie
Basketball player = Kobe

First of all the two male squabs on the show only sport experience were passing out towels in the gym. The female host looks as if though she definitely played sports.

Love watching squabs talk about something they have never played.

I don't know what's more depressing. The fact that this happened, or the fact that I am so unsurprised that it didn't raise so much as a twitch of the eyebrows from me.

*sigh*

And people keep telling me sexism is dead...

Hell no. There is still a lot of uphill to climb, my friend.

As for the piece on Fox News, it was just as vomit-inducing as the piece where three panelist 'experts' -- including one of the dickheads from Duck Dynasty -- discussed if it was appropriate for women to wear tights in public. Is it any surprise that serial harasser Roger Ailes ran the ship?

You should be proud that you were one of the three people who actually watched this segment.

Make that four, and I also read the USA Today piece. This Tamara Holder opens with "Sex sells" and concludes with this. I've only read Bo Dietl's name before now, and while this vid discussion is inane, I thought his comment on Holder's legs was pretty funny because what I noticed first in the video is that she is wearing a mighty short dress. She says she's not competing, but she certainly is. ;)

And it's also true that sex sells and that networks generally hire attractive/photogenic men and women. The USA Today article is about empowerment through makeup, and one Olympian is quoted as saying that she uses blue eyeliner to feel patriotic.

Inanity all around, but no big deal, IMO.

I didn't watch the clip but I read the analysis

still have to say WTF is wrong with people who think being an Olympian is about endorsements...sometimes it makes me think really nasty thoughts about what should happen to such people that choose to function at that level

I didn't watch the clip but I read the analysis

still have to say WTF is wrong with people who think being an Olympian is about endorsements...sometimes it makes me think really nasty thoughts about what should happen to such people that choose to function at that level

I agree. I doubt you will find an Olympian who went through a lifetime of training in the hope of making it on a Geiko commercial. Any endorsement is an effect of their Olympic success, not a likely cause.

I agree. I doubt you will find an Olympian who went through a lifetime of training in the hope of making it on a Geiko commercial. Any endorsement is an effect of their Olympic success, not a likely cause.

and stupid people who hear them may well believe it's about endorsements too

western society seems to embrace dumbing ourselves down

we are heading in a bad direction

Bo Dietl is a national treasure.

You should be proud that you were one of the three people who actually watched this segment.

But we keep getting you guys puffing your chest about their great ratings. I guess when it's inconvenient, nobody's watching.

Do you have a credible source? Slate is about as far left as any partisan kook blog can be, second only to the Daily Kooks.

Oh noes! Somebody doubted the wisdom of Fox. They must be lying!

Do you have a credible source? Slate is about as far left as any partisan kook blog can be, second only to the Daily Kooks.

And there's also video right with it. Video of the segment! So kudos on you for not even clicking the link.

Back
Top Bottom