• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News kicks ass again............Scoreboard: Monday, August 1

Reality TV shows have high ratings. That doesn't say anything about their quality.

Reality TV shows have high ratings. That doesn't say anything about their quality.

Obama has high ratings too, and that says nothing about his quality, only his celebrity.

For those who educated themselves, I would agree to some extent. One of the few forms of entertainment in the 1800s were books so, for those who read well, they were able to build up a great vocabulary.

Literacy rates, however, are about 11 points higher today than they were then. So, when in comes to the general population, we are better educated today.

But my argument was based on formal education. There is no doubt we have more formal education in the 21st century than we did in the 19th century.

Depends on what you mean by "more."

Obama has high ratings too, and that says nothing about his quality, only his celebrity.

I trust you actually do understand the difference between the approval rating of a President and the rating of a TV show, and were simply looking for a way to slip a lame attack on Obama in.

Actually, do you?

I trust you actually do understand the difference between the approval rating of a President and the rating of a TV show, and were simply looking for a way to slip a lame attack on Obama in.

Actually, do you?

It isn't a lame attack, his rating is due to his celebrity, not preformance.

Back
Top Bottom