• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News invention: Obama offered Castle a job to stop O'Donnell endorsement

I haven't heard her say it should be outlawed. What she said is "The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. You can't masturbate without lust!". She is correct with that statement. Wether you care or not, I guess, would come down to whether you are a chrisitan.

How does the bible define lust? Don't most people believe it is the craving or desiring sex.. because if that is the case, then we are all guilty of the sin. Lust isn't just an action, it's a feeling.. being physically or sexually attracted to somebody else could be defined as lust.

Telling people to not masturbate.. what's next? Telling women to wear burkas?

I declare hypocrite on her side of the ring.

She lusted for that Vice-presidency!

How does the bible define lust? Don't most people believe it is the craving or desiring sex.. because if that is the case, then we are all guilty of the sin. Lust isn't just an action, it's a feeling.. being physically or sexually attracted to somebody else could be defined as lust.

Telling people to not masturbate.. what's next? Telling women to wear burkas?

Yes, that is how the bible defines lust. Again, wether you care or not depends on if you are a christian and believe that what Jesus says has any bearing on your life. My opinnion is that Christians, Jews, etc don't have to give up their views in order to hold office. When they start trying to legislate their views, I might have a problem with it.

Or the truth... So just make **** up.

Truth is ambiguous at best, and left to perception. What you meant to say was "fact" vs. "opinion". We all know the difference and the talking heads need to speculate to keep viewers, advertisers and make money. News is news, opinion shows are speculation shows.

Truth is ambiguous at best, and left to perception. What you meant to say was "fact" vs. "opinion". We all know the difference and the talking heads need to speculate to keep viewers, advertisers and make money. News is news, opinion shows are speculation shows.
Opinion is one thing, but making up stories with no basis in fact is quite another.

I wonder why you are not questioning why these people are on supposedly news channels?

Use a little common sense man! 24 hour hard news couldn't attract flies, so they have to offer up other things that will draw an audience. They do offer hard news 24 hours a day, even when opinion shows are on. Just look at the bottom of the screen during opinion shows and you will see the "news" scroll by.

Geez... Did you really not know this?

Yes, that is how the bible defines lust. Again, wether you care or not depends on if you are a christian and believe that what Jesus says has any bearing on your life. My opinnion is that Christians, Jews, etc don't have to give up their views in order to hold office. When they start trying to legislate their views, I might have a problem with it.

I also know that Jesus said a lot of things about not judging and not publicly making a spectacle of your good deeds and being a Christian... because the reward you will receive as already been received on Earth and not in Heaven..

And yes.. if you read the bible, you can easily tell that all of us are sinners. I never got the impression the God expects us to be prefect. I think perfection is an impossibility.. so you worship and repent. It all makes sense as to why you cannot and should not judge. Everybody is a sinner.. it's nature, original sin, that we are.

Actually nothing by Hannity was reported as "news". A talk show pundit made a partisan speculation on his show. It's part of what partisan pundits do. Just like Maddow and Oberman and all the others.

Its not meant to be or conveyed as "reporting news"......

I don't care how many times you say it, the Fox News bashers will never get it.

If they ever did, it would put Media Matters out of business and leave them with nothing to bitch about.

I also know that Jesus said a lot of things about not judging and not publicly making a spectacle of your good deeds and being a Christian... because the reward you will receive as already been received on Earth and not in Heaven..

And yes.. if you read the bible, you can easily tell that all of us are sinners. I never got the impression the God expects us to be prefect. I think perfection is an impossibility.. so you worship and repent. It all makes sense as to why you cannot and should not judge. Everybody is a sinner.. it's nature, original sin, that we are.

Jesus and many others in the bible indicate what is considered a sin. They provide this information to the public. That is no different then what she did, and according to the bible she was accurate. Even if those on the left want to ridicule her for the statement.

Anyway, since we've gotten way off topic, I think i'm done with the thread.

Last edited:
Actually nothing by Hannity was reported as "news". A talk show pundit made a partisan speculation on his show. It's part of what partisan pundits do. Just like Maddow and Oberman and all the others.

Its not meant to be or conveyed as "reporting news"......

Pointing out the difference between News and Commentary is not relevant.. The fact is Hannity is filling the heads of ignorant masses with fear and BS.. Hannity has as much as a financial motive as a political motive and pundits like him are creating an excuse from idiots to keep being idiots.

There should be a disclaimer before Hannity's show.

Please do not take what this douche says as fact. Parental discretion is advised for stupid, igorant or uneducated people- or otherwise anybody who lacks common sense.

Pointing out the difference between News and Commentary is not relevant.. The fact is Hannity is filling the heads of ignorant masses with fear and BS.. Hannity has as much as a financial motive as a political motive and pundits like him are creating an excuse from idiots to keep being idiots.

Uuhhh, yeah, actually it is relevant.....

Isn't it fun watching the democrat females all label good looking conservative females as "loons"? :)

Tim-
What are you talking about, the entire tea party is loonier than a barnyard full of chickens.

Uuhhh, yeah, actually it is relevant.....

It's not relevant, to me because I know he isn't reporting the news..

What he is doing and saying has relevancy, therefore whatever the title of his job is, is not relevant IMO

It's not relevant, to me because I know he isn't reporting the news..

What he is doing and saying has relevancy, therefore whatever the title of his job is, is not relevant IMO

Don't worry about what he's telling people. After all, liberals love to speak of the first amendment about free speech, but that's only when it pertains to black panthers standing outside a polling place, right? Or could it possibly, just maybe, apply to a conservative too?

Don't worry about what he's telling people. After all, liberals love to speak of the first amendment about free speech, but that's only when it pertains to black panthers standing outside a polling place, right? Or could it possibly, just maybe, apply to a conservative too?
Of course it applies to Conservative too. After all, conservatives love to speak of the first amendment about free speech, but that's only when it pertains to FoxNews, Beck, Limbaugh, the Fairness Doctrine, shout downs at townhall meetings, Dr. Laura, and their right to force their religious views about abortion, marriage, Islam and their sensitivities <sniff, sniff> over the mosque on everyone else.

Fox News is a cable network that presents political opinion shows and News shows, which are totally separate. Media Matters has once again used a BS headline to try and smear the Fox News network, rather than being honest and attributing the story to Sean Hannity....

Sorry, but that's pure bull****. If you're a news station you should be able to stand behind the reporting of all your people, period. MSNBC isn't fair and balanced, they're liberal and they promote the democrat's agenda, plain and simple. Same goes for fox. Do you realize how ****ing retarded it sounds when Fox comes out and says "well we didn't say that, one of the people that we pay millions to host our shows said it." That dog don't hunt. If they're going to call themselves fox news then you can't dismiss all the whacko bull**** that your people say by claiming that only half or less than half of our programming is actual news.

I wonder why you are not questioning why these people are on supposedly news channels?

Maybe because they are discussing the news and not dancing with the stars?
What channel should they be on?

Please do not take what this douche says as fact. Parental discretion is advised for stupid, igorant or uneducated people- or otherwise anybody who lacks common sense.

Is there really any difference bewteen him and Matthews or Olbermann over at MSNBC.

Don't know that to be true. In any case that's no reason to be a sore loser and not even congratulate her.
What's with a republican (supposedly the one we desperately needed to win the seat) speaking with the Pres. and VP so soon after the loss?

Because she is a complete wackdoo unworthy of the endorsement of anyone legitimate. I don't see too many endorsements of the "tea party" candidates by losing Republicans. It is certainly not happening in Alaska.

This woman failed to pay her tuition (for which she was sued), her mortgage (on which she was foreclosed) and her income taxes. Yet, 'tea partiers" want to send her to Washington under the guise of the fiscally responsible alternative. That pretty sums up the tea party.

If Fox really wants to be considered a real news organization they will stop guys like Hannity from creating and manipulating the news. Real news organizations are not suppose to be a part of the story, yet they are so often.

Last edited:
You better hope it's a Fox news invention, because if it's not, Obama committed a federal crime that rates 5 years in in prison. This is the same thing that Bart Sestak accused him of.

What would you say if The Messiah got his punk ass sent to the joint for a few years? Scream racism?

Obama will never go to jail. Just like Clinton wasn't impeached for lying under oath.. both parities protect each other to some degree. Rules don't apply to the politicians. You're mistaken if you believe otherwise.

Hannity is not a news man he's only a Talk Show Host with no political experience and part of his job as distasteful as it maybe at times is to raise questions and to speculate to shock and amaze then there are those willing to twist speculation into accusation. Which is something that the 5th column Lame Stream media does and Lefties love to join it and spread the hate and lies.

Oh my, Lame Stream media is now the 5th column? Too funny! BTW when does 'V' come back on?

We should just go ahead and drop the "news" from their name. It is a complete fiction that they call themselves a news channel. It is a just like their other dissembling from Fox -- "Fair and balanced", right.

This is just Murdoch trying to use his money to advance his social agenda which, as far as I can tell, is make money for Murdoch. So, from now on, we can call them "Fox" or even "the Fox Conservative Channel" or "Fox, the shill of the Republican Party" but no "Fox News." There simply is no news reporting on Fox. None.

Back
Top Bottom