• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News election coverage shows why they're #1... "Fair and Balanced" all the way.

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Fox News coverage last night was outstanding. It was very positive, up-beat, and easy to follow. On the election night thread here, even many from the left on this forum agreed. In fact, of the more than 300 posts, I don't recall anyone having anything negative to say about Fox at all.

They had Bret Baird (Special Report anchor) and Megan Kelly (who did an excellent job) hosting the show, along with Carl Cameron manning the election maps. They also had a 4 person panel to analyze the races and discuss the results, which consisted of former Dean campaign manager Joe Trippi and Juan Williams from the left, and Karl Rove and Brit Hume representing the right. That my friends is what you call "Fair and Balanced" coverage.

They also pulled off a news first, by bringing in and interviewing at the same time, the only two women ever to appear on a presidential ticket... Geraldine Ferro and Sarah Palin. It was a pretty cool segment and the first time those 2 women have ever appeared on-stage together.

I'd give their coverage a solid "A".

Re: Fox News election coverage shows why they're #1... "Fair and Balanced" all the wa

I wonder why nobody has opined about this thread?? Do some people hate Fox News that bad???

I know... They hate the "Fair and balanced" motto, reporting cast and political analysts.

Re: Fox News election coverage shows why they're #1... "Fair and Balanced" all the wa

I wonder why nobody has opined about this thread?? Do some people hate Fox News that bad???

I know... They hate the "Fair and balanced" motto, reporting cast and political analysts.

Maybe we just know how much it bothers you to not have your opinion constantly validated.

Of course it was upbeat and positive.. their side won. I remember watching Fox News during the last election, it was hardly upbeat and positive then.. Hell most did not even wait for the election results to be totally finished before starting their partisan attacks on the President elect and the dems. So spare me the chest thumping attempt to give some credit to Fox News and how it does business... Fox News is a propaganda machine, just like all other News Corp media outlets that are allowed by law to do so.

Yeah - they give a cool million bucks to the GOP and they pretty much get the whole tea party thing started with millions of dollars worth of promotion and publicity. Their on-air personalities help raise lots of additional cash for Republican and right wing candidates and help get them elected. George Orwell would be proud of their slogan.

Of course it was upbeat and positive.. their side won. I remember watching Fox News during the last election, it was hardly upbeat and positive then.. Hell most did not even wait for the election results to be totally finished before starting their partisan attacks on the President elect and the dems. So spare me the chest thumping attempt to give some credit to Fox News and how it does business... Fox News is a propaganda machine, just like all other News Corp media outlets that are allowed by law to do so.

You're not even from here. What the hell do you know?

Yeah - they give a cool million bucks to the GOP and they pretty much get the whole tea party thing started with millions of dollars worth of promotion and publicity. Their on-air personalities help raise lots of additional cash for Republican and right wing candidates and help get them elected. George Orwell would be proud of their slogan.

Beats the hell out of Hope-n-Change :rofl

Maybe we just know how much it bothers you to not have your opinion constantly validated.

You and I know why... Fox News kicked the rest of the TV stations arse, the Republicans took over the House and Liberals are quiet now, thank God!!!

from BippityBop

Fox News kicked the rest of the TV stations arse,

In the interest of accuracy, you may want to insert the word CABLE in front of TV stations. On a night after night basis, week after week, and month after month FOX falls behind the network news of the three major channels.

Of course it was upbeat and positive.. their side won. I remember watching Fox News during the last election, it was hardly upbeat and positive then.. Hell most did not even wait for the election results to be totally finished before starting their partisan attacks on the President elect and the dems.

Like who, and what did they say?

I think you're simply lying. You didn't watch it, and you're making things up based on your ideas about what Fox News is.

from BippityBop

In the interest of accuracy, you may want to insert the word CABLE in front of TV stations. On a night after night basis, week after week, and month after month FOX falls behind the network news of the three major channels.

I was referring to election night and Fox dominated the rest of the channels covering the elections.

Check this out:

Moraes on TV - Fox News Channel dominates news ratings on Election Day

one day does not a network make... even a cable network.

there is a place for outspoken biased opinion, news networks aren't one of them

there is a place for outspoken biased opinion, news networks aren't one of them

Are there any "news" networks left? If there is, please let us know which one reports "unbiased" news these days. Just saying:shrug:

Are there any "news" networks left? If there is, please let us know which one reports "unbiased" news these days. Just saying:shrug:

the daily show, sadly.

I hate the fair and balanced meme and wish you hadn't put it in this thread so that their election night coverage could be actually talked about and focused on instead of whether or not Fox is "fair and balanced". I say this because the election night coverage was superb and extremely fair, highlighted even more when compared to the circus that went on that night at MSNBC

That is a very biased anticircus statement Zyphlin. I am shocked. Expect to hear from a delegation from Sarasota by the end of the day and have your attorney at hand.

Circus Museums

Back
Top Bottom