• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Dead Last In Online Ratings

Thats BEYOND hilarious!!!

Fox News doesnt matter so much that entire news stations, pundits, websites, and assholes on blogs spend a majority of their life TALKING about how irrelevant they are.

Good God...if you cant see just how stupid that is...

Well...you should probably stop using that handy cupholder on your computer...just a word of warning...and dont forget YOUR helmet either.

rolling.gif

I think it's proof conservatives aren't lemmings who need talking points.

I think it's proof conservatives aren't lemmings who need talking points.

Well..you COULD get technical and examine the fact that Fox News isnt a typical homepage unlike MSNBC or Yahoo. It COULD be that Fox's viewers get the stories from watching Fox. It Could be that websites like CNN are easier to access. It could be a lot of things including that maybe just maybe CNN.com is better than fox.com. I wouldnt know...I dont go to Fox.com. Or CNN. Or MSNBC. But Yahoo.com is my regular homepage, I get linked stories from Drudge, Newsmax and yes...shockingly...the HuffPo.

But its still 'comedic gold' that these clowns care SO LITTLE about Fox that most of them read it, watch it, or listen to it and talk more about it than any conservative.

According to Fox, and according to this, Fox ratings are the highest on cable TV.

Why do you list yourself as centrist yet post a dailkos article as if it matters?

Err have you ever about attacking the source?

IOW just attacking Daily KOS like people just attack FOX makes you look lame. Now dispute this:

Foxnews.com averages around 12 million or 13 million monthly unique users, according to Nielsen Online, rarely approaching the 35 million to 40 million uniques that leaders Yahoo News, MSNBC and CNN regularly deliver in aggregate. Some of that disparity can be explained away, as both Yahoo and MSNBC draw heavy traffic from their portal counterparts, and CNN benefits from traffic driven by CNNMoney.com and Sports Illustrated’s site.

But even on its own, CNN.com consistently beats Foxnews.com by 7 million or 8 million unique users. Per comScore, the gap is even larger: 43.4 million uniques for CNN.com in June vs. 11.4 million for Foxnews.com. Plus, CNN.com regularly bests Foxnews.com in measures like page views, time spent and video streams—and it has opened an early lead in mobile (14 million uniques vs. 9 million in May for Fox, per Nielsen).

Fox News' Digital Divide

Apparently Fox ain't doing that great in newer media formats.

According to Fox, and according to this, Fox ratings are the highest on cable TV.

Who even cares about cable TV anymore? I'm actually canceling my service because my service provider for cable stinks and it hardly ever works.

That's just piteeeeful.
I'm beginning to think Daily Kos, media matters, and MSNBC would have no reason to live if Fox wasn't around.

By the way, I see you are from KY. Were you the infiltrater at the Rand Paul Rally? The one who got caught with a racist sign and was a supporter of Rand's opponent?
Is anyone in the left stream media going to report that like they did his college days shenanegans?

Part of it is the demographic. CNN has been attempting for several years to harness the power of the web, and it could be easily seen with their techniques, including the live streaming of the President's inauguration. Younger people are perhaps going to flow to where the technology is, and CNN is providing that. Fox isn't stressing that avenue.

In fact, CNN's newly-found technological technique turned me off from the station. I had enough of citizen journalism, bloggers, and twitter feeds.

On a sardonic note, if Fox News is the conservative and Republican biased network, I will note something. Hardly any of the Republican 2008 candidates volunteered for the Youtube debate. From my point of view, that gave me a more favorable opinion of the Republican Party.

Last edited:
The point is, is FOX loves to puff their chest up a lot and taunt the likes of CNN because they know they are #1 without nearly as much as decent reporting, it just goes to show that younger people, and more people every year get their information from much freer sources than those that are closed out and this is a continuing trend. I don't know what is pathetic about it, the information was released by Nielsen mostly for demographic and advertiser purposes.

DailyKos? :lol:

That would be like FOXNEWS reporting on the popularity of well, DailyKOS.

Ok so...if I reposted this thread and made the source Nielsen ratings would it have made a difference? I didn't realize the site was that offensive to you guys, honest to God first time I had ever been there. Saw the story on digg.

I find this interesting, but not surprising. I'd have to look it up again, but I can recall reading a while that a high percentage of FOX cable viewers are 60+. So it makes sense that the web site has a small following (compared to others) as that age bracket is not as computer savvy as the younger generations.

I saw a recent study saying the average Fox News viewer was 65+, however that isn't much higher than CNN (which I think was 60), and MSNBC (which was like 55 I think). NBC and Turner owned properties in general though have a very big internet presence, so they probably have a lot of that to fall back on. News Corporation actually has a very big online presence with several of their properties, but as far as TV properties go they mostly stick to using Hulu (which is majority owned by NBC) and some of the fox website. The same study said strangely, VH1 Classic and TLC has some of the lowest average viewer ages on cable TV.

No, nor does most of what we read on the internet.

I would take what I hear on the internet over what I hear on the TV any day. If everyone really distrusted the internet and TV like they say they do then where in the hell would they be getting their information from? The library? lol

Who even cares about cable TV anymore? I'm actually canceling my service because my service provider for cable stinks and it hardly ever works.

FWIW, I think that every single one of those companies would gladly trade positions with fox. Internet revenues are nothing compared to television revenues and I doubt that's going to be changing at any point in the short-term.

FWIW, I think that every single one of those companies would gladly trade positions with fox. Internet revenues are nothing compared to television revenues and I doubt that's going to be changing at any point in the short-term.

Internet revenues for a nobody is low, at most $2 CPM depending on if you can find a niche but even so a niche site with 1-2 staff that pays themselves out at that much can make about $15,000 a month with little to no overhead cost. Then take News Corp's IGN.com. IGN.com has roughly 100 staff at a median salary of $50k and shares servers and operations on the same cluster as the rest of News Corp's properties and still brings in about 9 million quarterly revenue. Most of News Corp's internet property loss comes from the decline of MySpace.

On the other hand, the horribly performing NBC Universal makes more money off of revenue through their NBC and Hulu operations than they do on any of their cable operations. Also it is true that internet revenues are down the past 10 years, but in another 10-15 years you probably won't even be able to get cable traditionally and with the integration of Apple and Google's TV services in the future, this will speed up a lot faster.

I would take what I hear on the internet over what I hear on the TV any day. If everyone really distrusted the internet and TV like they say they do then where in the hell would they be getting their information from? The library? lol

Most people take as gospel truth whatever they wanted to believe in the first place.

Anyone who really wants to know what is going on has to learn to separate the BS from what is real, regardless of the medium.

I doubt it when it at least costs a half million just to produce an ad for broadcast. This does not included buying the time for it just the production.

That's because more FOX news viewers are too dumb to use the internet.... Wait, I watch FOX News. Did I just call myself dumb? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom