• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic Conv.

Ahlevah

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
One of the most enduring images from Democratic National Convention was of Khizr Khan and his wife Ghazala, Pakistan-born immigrants who told the packed Pennsylvania Convention Center on Thursday night how their son Humayun sacrificed his life to save his comrade in arms. The Muslim American soldier died preventing a car rigged with explosives from killing others. Millions of Americans watched Khan’s wrenching tribute to his late son, who posthumously received the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his bravery. But Fox News viewers missed out.

That’s because the conservative cabler chose to cut away from the elder Khan’s speech, in favor of a series of other pre-packaged stories. Under a “breaking tonight” graphic, the network aired FBI Director James Comey’s press conference on the growing ISIS threat — given on Wednesday. :shock:

FOX News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech | Variety

The Fox News guy in change of "breaking news" must have been pressing the "snooze" alarm.

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

Well cant have a black muslim on Fox News... just think what the white Christian minds would think?

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

I couldnt care less what fox news does, just like I couldnt care less what MSNBC does . . .

By now its blatantly obvious to anybody educated, honest and objective that Fox is the Michael Jordan of lies and biased news while MSNBC is the Kobe Byrant of Lies and Biased news . . .they are both horrendous dishonest and jokes. Much of the media is.
Now some might see it swapped, that Fox is the Kobe and MSNBC is the MJ and thats fin too but if you dont see them has one and two in lies and biased media . . .you are part of the problem with politics today.

The Fox News guy in change of "breaking news" must have been pressing the "snooze" alarm.

How many minutes of stage speeches did Fox broadcast, and what did the other networks do?

That is the question, I dont think it was expected that this couple of minutes was going to pop like it did. I mean I kinda get it but it was sure schmaltzy.

Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country.

Donald Trump, you are asking Americans to trust you with our future. Let me ask you: Have you even read the U.S. Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words "liberty" and "equal protection of law."

Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America — you will see all faiths, genders, and ethnicities.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.

We can't solve our problems by building walls and sowing division.

We are Stronger Together.

And we will keep getting stronger when Hillary Clinton becomes our next President.

I think the response is " Sir, your boy died for nothing. He died because your leaders were incompetent and they lied to him and they sent him to a war that should have never been fought, one that has cost us over $2.3 trillion so far a number that will keep growing till all of those brave young people die. A lot of them have limbs missing, and brain injuries, and PTSD, life is a challenge for them, and none of that would have happened had you had even minimally competent leadership. But Trump, the one guy in all this time who has had a problem with that and has been willing to talk about it, it is Trump you want to bitch about?

OK, I guess, if you think you have to, but if it were me I think would make a different choice if I were in your shoes".

I can see deciding that this diatribe from a dead soldiers parents directed at a questionable target as part of the Team Hillary sales pitch was a good time to break away to get some Talking Heads time.

Last edited:

Well cant have a black muslim on Fox News... just think what the white Christian minds would think?

I know you have a need for running down Fox News and white Christian people in general, but why Fox News did hire a pro Muslim woman activist to (Nabela Noor) take on Trump for the Jan 28 Debate?

I know you have a need for running down Fox News and white Christian people in general, but why Fox News did hire a pro Muslim woman activist to (Nabela Noor) take on Trump for the Jan 28 Debate?

And that some how makes it better that they cut away form a very good and relevant speech .. cut away for crap that happened a week before? It is hardly the first time they have done this.

And that some how makes it better that they cut away form a very good and relevant speech .. cut away for crap that happened a week before? It is hardly the first time they have done this.

OR........any other............ (pick your network)

There's a reason why Fox viewers are uninformed.

If one wants gavel to gavel coverage, tune to C-Span.

sorry for this man's loss,what about the good men that died in benghazi,or the fathers of the dead in Orlando,or the children of the murdered police officers,it is sad that this man lost his son,he can thank hillary clinton and obama for his son's death ,he would not have been there if obama has done what he said he would do ,get us out of there.instead the clinton/obama team FUBAR the middle east .

run don run

run don run

run don run

Fox News has ZERO obligation to present the DNC (or RNC) show live and in its entirety. That speaker (your favorite?) was shown in later coverage (I saw it later on Megyn Kelly's show). Lots of people have objectons to a candidate's campaign policy proposals and I also object to religious tests for granting a visa. Someone objecting to a candidate's policy positions is not necessarily news - if any network were to try to air every such 2 minute rant then they would have no time any other programming. Why would anyone expect every news network to show each party's entire convention live and uneditted?

sorry for this man's loss,what about the good men that died in benghazi,or the fathers of the dead in Orlando,or the children of the murdered police officers,it is sad that this man lost his son, :laughat: he can thank hillary clinton and obama for his son's death ,he would not have been there if obama has done what he said he would do ,get us out of there.instead the clinton/obama team FUBAR the middle east .

Good heavens! You don't even realize that his son was killed defending this country in 2004 when George Bush was President, do you?

sorry for this man's loss,what about the good men that died in benghazi,or the fathers of the dead in Orlando,or the children of the murdered police officers,it is sad that this man lost his son,he can thank hillary clinton and obama for his son's death ,he would not have been there if obama has done what he said he would do ,get us out of there.instead the clinton/obama team FUBAR the middle east .

run don run

run don run

run don run

Uh......we did get out of there. Look what happened.

On domestic questions, PS. And, if you know me here at DP, you'd know I am not one to defend the other news networks either. But there is no doubt that FoxNews is lowest on the totem pole. As in the OP, Fox decides what is the news du jour. Obviously, a Muslim American -- who's son died in battle -- is something they'd rather not show. No doubt it would have garnered sympathy from it's older viewing audience.

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

run don run

run don run

run don run

I thought Barack Obama was elected President in 2008, Captain Khan was killed during combat in 2004.

Irrational hatred does apparently cause some to hold irrational beliefs as true.

There's a reason why Fox viewers are uninformed.

What is your excuse?

Hey, at least they didn't edit it like the other networks did with Zimmermans call to the police. Or Courics special on gun control.

run don run

run don run

run don run

Okay, I'm confused. The son died in 2004. If I recall correctly, Obama opposed the Invasion of Iraq, and he assumed office in 2009, or five years after the son died. So how is his death Obama's fault? :confused:

Fox News has a conservative agenda and they will propagandize for that agenda.

Last edited:

Is this the same study? If not, it's interesting that BOTH of them concluded that Fox News watchers are less informed than those who watch no news at all. That sounds absurd. I simply don't believe it. is that just another way of saying Republicans are imbeciles?

Back
Top Bottom