• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic Conv.

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

So they don't have to fair and balanced like they advertise? Got it.

Did CNN and MSNBC take commercial breaks during the convention?

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

People who cite that study are the ones who believe Fox has a right-wing bias (which is does), but they REFUSE to believe that every other media network has a left-wing bias.

Fox reveals some things other networks won't. And they are fact based and did happen. That they make things look bad, that is the way it goes.

People who cite that study are the ones who believe Fox has a right-wing bias (which it does), but they REFUSE to believe that every other media network has a left-wing bias.

No, it does not follow. (and it's not one study.) Fox is merely an extreme example. It's not even the right wing bias, it the active misinformation. Even the Daily Show (often castigated or dismissed as leftist comedy... whatever!) scores more highly on information content!

Name any TV channel (except CSPAN) that covered both the DNC and RNC conventions entirely live (unedited). Crickets...

Who's kidding whom here? Anyone with an IQ of room temperature knew that Khan's statement, whatever it was would have been powerful and salient.

Did CNN and MSNBC take commercial breaks during the convention?

Really Josie? You really think that's what it was?

The "study" difference was less than one question - in other words, no group (on average) got more or less than 1 out of 5 questions right. If you very generously rounded up then the NPR group got (on average) 2 out of 5 questions right or less than 40% - every group (on average) deserved a grade of F.

No, it does not follow. (and it's not one study.) Fox is merely an extreme example. Even the Daily Show (often castigated or dismissed as leftist comedy... whatever!) scores more highly on information content!

A country whose media turned Muslims to Asians so not to offend criminals and rapists, and stopped recording ethnicity of offenders, or kept it off public records, has absolutely no room to talk about any news coverage.

No, different studies. Several say consistently that people who only get their news from Fox are less well informed. No Republicans mentioned.

Trump has now moved the issue on by slandering the family.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox

You'll get no argument from me. Unless this was taken totally out of context, it is deplorable.

Who's kidding whom here? Anyone with an IQ of room temperature knew that Khan's statement, whatever it was would have been powerful and salient.

Yep, and Fox News covered it - I saw Megyn Kelly cover it and she was quite critical of the Trump "no Muslim immigrants until we figure what is going on" plan. Rest assured that Trump will "strike back" soon and prove himself to be even more of an apparent insensitive jerk.

No, it does not follow. (and it's not one study.) Fox is merely an extreme example. It's not even the right wing bias, it the active misinformation. Even the Daily Show (often castigated or dismissed as leftist comedy... whatever!) scores more highly on information content!

My main national news source is a Fox News Channel. I'm as informed as most everyone on this board and more informed than many. Ridiculous.

My main national news source is a Fox News Channel. I'm as informed as most everyone on this board and more informed than many. Ridiculous.

But it's not the only news source you go to, right?

Because MSNBC is the main national news source that I go to, but it's not the only news source I use.

Because MSNBC is the main national news source that I go to, but it's not the only news source I use.

No, you're right. I really doubt anyone uses just one source. Good point. And I have to credit DP for steering me in right (and sometimes wrong) directions at times.

Last edited:

Do you think Fox News knew in advance what this person was going to say?

Actually, I didn't see Fox's non-coverage of the speech, so I'm curious as to what point the network "cut away" from it. Did they air any of it? Regardless, it must have rattled or flummoxed them to some extent judging from their clumsy insertion of a story concerning a news conference that had taken place the day before as a "breaking news." But they were aware that Mr. Khan was the father of an American Muslim officer killed in Iraq speaking during the final evening of the DNC's convention, so unless they were completely dense they should have been able to deduce its general drift.

No, you're right. I really doubt anyone uses just one source. Good point. And I have to credit DP for steering me in right (and sometimes wrong) directions at times.

Honesty, DP is pretty much the main place that I go to get my news from. Not MSNBC.

Honesty, DP is pretty much the main place that I go to get my news from. Not MSNBC.

Whenever something major happens, the first thing I do is tune to FoxNews. Second is to log into DP.

Apparently, you aren't aware of the number of Muslim Americans who died "over there." Oh well. No one said one had to be informed to have an opinion.

So the only parents they could find to shame themselves on stage were from a serviceman who dies 12 years ago.

Doesn't that say something about the Democrats?

Whenever something major happens, the first thing I do is tune to FoxNews. Second is to log into DP.

For me it's the opposite way around.

The guy that shot Bin Laden works there, Brian Williams.:shock:

The guy that shot Bin Laden works there, Brian Williams.:shock:

Yeah, I know that **** works there.

He's certainly fallen from grace, hasn't he?

Why would anyone let alone Fox news want to be part of such blatant exploitation?

Of course in one sense it was "blatant exploitation" as you call it. And why would anyone expect anything less? It was a political convention. By its nature it's designed to be blatantly partisan, engender an emotional response, and get people to vote for its candidate. What no one should expect is for a network that trumpets its news coverage as "fair and balanced" to attempt to tip the scale. Mr. Khan had something important to say that was newsworthy, and, exploitation or not, the American public deserved to hear it.

So the only parents they could find to shame themselves on stage were from a serviceman who dies 12 years ago.
You just said that any parent who in public honors and grieves for a military son or daughter who died fighting for their country is shaming themselves? Say no more. I think I understand where you're coming from now.

That is......shameful.

If you are trying to keep score....

I'm not. This is a thread about a particular speech made by a particular person on a particular occasion and a news network's response (or lack thereof) to it.

I think the biased liberal networks are leading the biased conservative networks 300 to 1........ I,m wondering why you don't acknowledge that simple fact?

Because I'm trying to keep THIS discussion focused on THIS particular incident. If you want to discuss the biased liberal media this is the forum for doing that. Start a thread on it.

Do you feel the DNC should also have had the families of the four patriots that lost their lives in Benghazi at the hands of Hillary and the Obama administration? Its only fair there is a little bit of conservative bias in the media don't you think???? If not, please explain why!

No, I don't, because the DNC's candidate is Hillary, and why would they try to make her look bad? They want to make The Donald look like the idiot, right?

I am confident the Clinton campaign paid their liberal networks and the NYT millions to slander Trump in " news " rather than paid commercial adds.... I doubt Trump paid Fox anything but if he did......Oh well.....The DP has been doing it for many many years.........

Democrats don't have to slander Trump. He's too efficient at doing that himself, and even Fox seems to chip in on occasion, as in the network's reporting of Trump's many "sacrifices":

"I've made a lot of sacrifices,” Trump said in an interview with ABC's “This Week” to be aired Sunday. “I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures." :doh

Trump criticized for comments on Muslim mother of fallen US soldier | Fox News

Hey, at least they didn't edit it like the other networks did with Zimmermans call to the police. Or Courics special on gun control.

Couric's idiocy on guns was one of the real nadirs in Leftwing propaganda.

I don't think FOX News viewers missed anything.

foxnewswatching.jpg

Back
Top Bottom