• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic Conv.

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

Is this the same study? If not, it's interesting that BOTH of them concluded that Fox News watchers are less informed than those who watch no news at all. That sounds absurd. I simply don't believe it. is that just another way of saying Republicans are imbeciles?

It pairs with the Liberal meme that one who does not agree with you believes in myths rather than facts, and thus they can be categorized as ignorant and ignored.

Belief system fortifications is what this is, big walls to prevent the need to consider that maybe the ego is wrong, actually.

Re: Fox News Cuts Away During Father of Slain Muslim Veteran’s Speech at Democratic C

The author of the "study":

“My goal is to destroy the Republican Party”: Former Reagan adviser Bruce Bartlett explains his vote for Donald Trump
?My goal is to destroy the Republican Party?: Former Reagan adviser Bruce Bartlett explains his vote for Donald Trump - Salon.com

I dont care what belief system the speaker is trying to protect through manipulation and lie telling, I am a truth seeker, I condemn all efforts to hide the truth.

EDIT: Looking into the dude he says a lot of things that are right, But I am not going to take seriously the jam of Fox by a guy who says straight up that he wants to destroy the R party.

Last edited:

I couldnt care less what fox news does, just like I couldnt care less what MSNBC does . . .

Well, I've always taken Fox's "news" peppered with conservative commentary with a grain of salt, just as I've done with CNN or MSNBC, but this latest example seems to be a particularly cynical attempt to manipulate their viewers. It also tells me wonders about their true opinion of their audience, i.e. they must not hold them in particularly high regard, as in people who are capable of digesting all of the facts and forming their own (intelligent) opinions.

Lulz. I luv Fox.

I may be biased in my biased observing but it seems to me that MsNBC has been caught more times than Fox with actually manipulating sounds, images etc whereas Fox just slants right and covers things that are anti-left or pro right. In fact, I would be interested in incidents of Fox manipulating the news. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I'm just saying I personally haven't heard of it.

I couldnt care less what fox news does, just like I couldnt care less what MSNBC does . . .

By now its blatantly obvious to anybody educated, honest and objective that Fox is the Michael Jordan of lies and biased news while MSNBC is the Kobe Byrant of Lies and Biased news . . .they are both horrendous dishonest and jokes. Much of the media is.
Now some might see it swapped, that Fox is the Kobe and MSNBC is the MJ and thats fin too but if you dont see them has one and two in lies and biased media . . .you are part of the problem with politics today.

Is this the same study? If not, it's interesting that BOTH of them concluded that Fox News watchers are less informed than those who watch no news at all. That sounds absurd. I simply don't believe it. is that just another way of saying Republicans are imbeciles?

No, different studies. Several say consistently that people who only get their news from Fox are less well informed. No Republicans mentioned.

Trump has now moved the issue on by slandering the family.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox

And that some how makes it better that they cut away form a very good and relevant speech .. cut away for crap that happened a week before? It is hardly the first time they have done this.

Or any other network. I see it happen all the time.

No, different studies. Several say consistently that people who only get their news from Fox are less well informed. No Republicans mentioned.

Trump has now moved the issue on by slandering the family.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox
What is it that other stations are putting on the air that Fox isn't?
And are you a Fox news viewer?

The Fox News guy in change of "breaking news" must have been pressing the "snooze" alarm.

Do you think Fox News knew in advance what this person was going to say?

And that some how makes it better that they cut away form a very good and relevant speech .. cut away for crap that happened a week before? It is hardly the first time they have done this.

Eve Fox News can't see the future.

Good heavens! You don't even realize that his son was killed defending this country in 2004 when George Bush was President, do you?

If that is true they had to look way back to find the one Muslim that died over there.

What was the purpose of putting this man on the stage in the first place?

Just luck of the draw.

The Fox News guy in change of "breaking news" must have been pressing the "snooze" alarm.

It's interesting, in the context of your OP, that I don't recall seeing a lot of coverage - at least not positive coverage - of Patricia Smith's comments at the RNC Convention. You may not know that name if you watch American mainstream media. She's the mother of one of the slain ex-marines who died in Benghazi trying to protect the life of the American Ambassador to Libya. She strongly criticizes Hillary Clinton and President Obama for lying to her face about the circumstances.

Here's a little bit of reaction from liberals and media supporters of Hillary Clinton in response to this grieving mother's convention speech:

MSNBC says "RNC manipulates the pain of a grieving mother for partisan gain"

Joy Behar says "a mother speaking out about her son's death is inappropriate for the RNC"

There are others, but you get the drift.

So save us the sanctimony of feigned outrage when FOX decides not to promote the DNC's pandering to anti-Trump musings from the parents of a dead American who want Clinton to be President.

If you are trying to keep score....I think the biased liberal networks are leading the biased conservative networks 300 to 1........ I,m wondering why you don't acknowledge that simple fact? Do you feel the DNC should also have had the families of the four patriots that lost their lives in Benghazi at the hands of Hillary and the Obama administration? Its only fair there is a little bit of conservative bias in the media don't you think???? If not, please explain why!

I am confident the Clinton campaign paid their liberal networks and the NYT millions to slander Trump in " news " rather than paid commercial adds.... I doubt Trump paid Fox anything but if he did......Oh well.....The DP has been doing it for many many years.........

Well cant have a black muslim on Fox News... just think what the white Christian minds would think?

Oh look, a racist comment from the "non-racist" left. Shocking.

If that is true they had to look way back to find the one Muslim that died over there.

Apparently, you aren't aware of the number of Muslim Americans who died "over there." Oh well. No one said one had to be informed to have an opinion.

Why would anyone let alone Fox news want to be part of such blatant exploitation?

This guy is the modern day Cindy Sheehan using his Sons death to score Political points for Hillary

Fox News has ZERO obligation to present the DNC (or RNC) show live and in its entirety.

So they don't have to fair and balanced like they advertise? Got it.

So save us the sanctimony of feigned outrage when FOX decides not to promote the DNC's pandering to anti-Trump musings from the parents of a dead American who want Clinton to be President.

No doubt when "pandering" fits Fox's definition of news then it can be aired, but when it's not it can't. Is that correct? You apparently view airing that speech as pandering to the DNC while I view it as a genuine, heartfelt, poignant, and powerful plea to the American public that deserved to be aired. It was newsworthy in its expression of the sacrifice people of all faiths, colors, and creeds have made defending this country and how that was contrasted against some of Trump's public statements. But, as I said, Fox's opinion of its viewers is made clear with that rather blatant omission, and, regardless of how one colors it, it was blatant.

A poll of 600 people from New Jersey? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Doesn't get much more scientific than that, does it? :rolleyes:

So they don't have to fair and balanced like they advertise? Got it.

Name any TV channel (except CSPAN) that covered both the DNC and RNC conventions entirely live (unedited). Crickets...

Last edited:

There's a reason why Fox viewers are uninformed.

FOX coverage of the convention showed why they are beneath contempt as any sort of pretense at being an actual news organization. Late Thursday night I turned it on to see their post Hillary speech coverage and instead of that they were featuring S. Hannity and Rudy G. engaging in a verbal diarrhea of hate against Clinton bringing up all the far right wing obsessions like Benghazi and women from the 90's. It was disgusting.

At lease common manure has utilitarian value as fertilizer. FOX News has no such utilitarian value.

People watch Fox News for actual news?

You do realize that spreading word of controversy helps them get ratings, I hope?

Best thing you can do is just ignore Fox completely. Kind of like how you shouldn't feed a troll.

A poll of 600 people from New Jersey? Sorry, I don't buy it.

People who cite that study are the ones who believe Fox has a right-wing bias (which it does), but they REFUSE to believe that every other media network has a left-wing bias.

Back
Top Bottom