• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News' Cavuto Interrupts Michelle Obama's Speech to Call Barack a 'Nobody'

That was one awkward segway. He sounded like a bumbling moron, lol.

Apparently anyone who isn't a very well known political leader is a nobody to this dumbass.

What an ass.

He's trying to imply Mrs. Obama has no right to speak about the event.

Following that logic, if a President was not known on the National scene say during WWII or Vietnam, then he shouldn't ever speak about it.

Like bad parents, FOX is teaching their child-like viewers to disrespect the office of (this) President.

Hehe.. You folks are hilarious.. :)

Tim-

Those who object to the broadcasting of disrespect and intolerance "are hilarious"? To whom? What kind of creature would find a plea for minimal standards of decency "hilarious"?

The Unfair and Unbalanced network. Cavuto owes Michelle Obama an apology.

The segment was over, PBrauer. This is really reaching for straws. You, who must be a fan of Obama, took what Cavuto said as an insult. I, who am not a fan of Obama, took what he said as a compliment. Who's unfair and unbalanced again?

No matter what one thinks about Obama, his rise to the presidency in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. A compliment to him -- and to the American Dream.

Last edited:
The segment was over, PBrauer. This is really reaching for straws. You, who must be a fan of Obama, took what Cavuto said as an insult. I, who am not a fan of Obama, took what he said as a compliment. Who's unfair and unbalanced again?
Barack Obama was a senator in the Illinois Legislature, he wasn't a "nobody." And yes, it was an insult, the implication was that he's still a nobody

Barack Obama was a senator in the Illinois Legislature, he wasn't a "nobody." And yes, it was an insult, the implication was that he's still a nobody

He was a senator for 100 days prior to beginning his campaign. I seriously doubt this makes him qualified to be president, and as time has shown, it doesn't. But I don't know, honestly, how much time in the senate would be necessary to understand how to run a country and deal with global terrorism. I couldn't honestly put a quantity on that time, but I think someone needs more time in politics than 100 days, of which he voted either "present" or failed to vote at all, on our nations laws.

If a conservative or libertarian would be elected president after having so little experience I would have a serious problem with that. We're not talking about a private company here, we're talking about POTUS.

To be fair do you really think it was his decision?

FOX is teaching their child-like viewers to disrespect the office of (this) President.

This is the problem I have with the hard-Right where President Obama is concerned (Rush, Hannity, Levin, Coultier, etc). Free speech is one thing, critisize the man's policies if you must, but my goodness! These folks hide behind free speech so much so that they take no responsibility for their outward display of disrespect for the office of the Presidency and insight hatred for partisan gains. It's so shameful.

Ain't it the truth.

Hell, Cavuto was complimenting Obama and still the left raises hell... lololol

please identify the portion of his report which would be found complimentary of Obama

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Obama is a nobody, but he was an unknown, and that was in his favor. The public knew McCain, and figured this was one situation where the "experience" person was more of a liability than the new guy....

What was neil's point? From the clip alone it sounds like he's delegitimizing the Obamas.
The case may be different however.
But from this he sounds like a super duper buttface.

He was a senator for 100 days prior to beginning his campaign. I seriously doubt this makes him qualified to be president, and as time has shown, it doesn't. But I don't know, honestly, how much time in the senate would be necessary to understand how to run a country and deal with global terrorism. I couldn't honestly put a quantity on that time, but I think someone needs more time in politics than 100 days, of which he voted either "present" or failed to vote at all, on our nations laws.

If a conservative or libertarian would be elected president after having so little experience I would have a serious problem with that. We're not talking about a private company here, we're talking about POTUS.

You should have been on McCain's campaign staff advising him on attacking Obama.. The McCain camp's rally cry against Obama was a total joke. Trying to tie him to other people, pallin around with terrorists. That was pathetic. I also hated that "he isn't one of us" lines. If he wasn't one of us, then who was he?

A terrorist?
A Muslim?
A Kenyan?

All of the above?

*barf*

As for the video......... :lamo

I didn't really think it was a big deal or he was trying to be offensive, more like... Look where he is today! But then I read some of the other comments, and maybe you feel offended for valid reasons. IDK.. but the use of word "nobody"

:lamo

That's a totally funny and childish way to insult somebody!

Last edited:
please identify the portion of his report which would be found complimentary of Obama

CAVUTO: If you think about where we were then, that young lady was then, and her husband was then, he was not even an Illinois senator then. He was a rising political figure in Illinois, but very few thought he would eventually become a senator, let alone President of the United States. It wasn’t until 2004, in a speaking role that then, Democratic nominee John Kerry had offered him at that convention that ultimately catapulted his career to the 2008 nomination of the Democrats. And of course being elected in his own right. But nine years ago this day, he was a nobody and she was married to a guy who was not that well known. That was then, and this is now.

Where does Cavuto say anything that is incorrect???

Strange segway, but nothing really offensive. I do not think this requires an apology. I just require an apology for watching for two minutes and finding absolutely nothing of worth. Apologize to me, dangit.

This is a stupid thread. He simply made the point that it was shocking to consider where Obama was when this happened and where he is now. It was just something interesting to notice. He probably had to cut off her speech because he had to get to that interview that you see the very beginning of plus the speech just wasn't that important.

If either of the Obama's are saying anything that sounds good then it is time for Fox to interrupt.

I love Neil Cavuto. One of the most well-rounded people we have in political/business/news broadcasting today.

I've long wanted him to run for office. In fact, I think he'd make an excellent president, though his physical limitations would be quite a challenge for him.

A Senior in the Illinois legislature in 2001 IS a nobody.... Cavuto is and was correct.

A Senior in the Illinois legislature in 2001 IS a nobody.... Cavuto is and was correct.

He was an unkown as many of the current crop of politicians today were in 2001, they weren't nobodies. Cavuto is an asshole and he new exactly what he was saying - it was a put down.

Back
Top Bottom