• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News' Cavuto Interrupts Michelle Obama's Speech to Call Barack a 'Nobody'

This is the problem I have with the hard-Right where President Obama is concerned (Rush, Hannity, Levin, Coultier, etc). Free speech is one thing, critisize the man's policies if you must, but my goodness! These folks hide behind free speech so much so that they take no responsibility for their outward display of disrespect for the office of the Presidency and insight hatred for partisan gains. It's so shameful.

It's a really new thing, and I wonder how it's going to effect our society in the future.
Most parents from both sides of the aisle have traditionally expected and modeled common decency for their children; of the folks I've known who encouraged their children to "question authority" in my generation, most were hardcore leftists.

Now we're seeing the opposite: the conservative Right is teaching their children- by word and by example- to question authority.
Perhaps the lunatic fringe (Ruby Ridge, Branch Davidians, etc) always did, but now even the mainstream right wing is doing it.

I fear we're going to see a lot of the children of the conservative Right doing poorly in school and getting in trouble with the law, because they have been raised to believe that it's correct to disregard rules and openly defy authority, if you don't agree with it.

He was an unkown as many of the current crop of politicians today were in 2001, they weren't nobodies. Cavuto is an asshole and he new exactly what he was saying - it was a put down.

Unknown politically is a nobody. Do you know about Bob Biggins? How about Cynthia Soto? Had to google them and don't know all about them... They're nobody's. Put down or not it was accurate and factual. Sorry you feel slighted but your hero was a nobody.

Amazing, a nobody like Obama beat a "somebody" like John McCain. How did that happen?

Unknown politically is a nobody. Do you know about Bob Biggins? How about Cynthia Soto? Had to google them and don't know all about them... They're nobody's. Put down or not it was accurate and factual. Sorry you feel slighted but your hero was a nobody.
Even by your own description, Barack Obama wasn't a nobody because he was an Illinois State Senator. To the U.S. as whole he was an unknown but not in his sphere of influence.

Nobody - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of NOBODY
: a person of no influence or consequence.

He was a senator for 100 days prior to beginning his campaign.
Are most conservatives that bad at math, or is that a localized problem?
Obama became a Senator in 2005, he didn't start his campaign until Feb 10, 2007 - so please explain to me how 2005, and 2006 only have 50 days each?

I seriously doubt this makes him qualified to be president, and as time has shown, it doesn't.
Just because you don't like him and don't approve of what he is doing doesn't mean he is not qualified to be president. He is doing a much better job than Bush did and has a lot more smarts than Bush, not to mention his education and area of education.

But I don't know, honestly, how much time in the senate would be necessary to understand how to run a country and deal with global terrorism. I couldn't honestly put a quantity on that time, but I think someone needs more time in politics than 100 days, of which he voted either "present" or failed to vote at all, on our nations laws.
It is going to be very interesting to see how you respond to the 100 days crap. Gee, that must have been in one of the Republican propaganda BS literature they pass around, because anyone with any sense knows better.

If a conservative or libertarian would be elected president after having so little experience I would have a serious problem with that. We're not talking about a private company here, we're talking about POTUS.
Give me a break. Most conservatives are ready to vote in Air-head Palin who doesn't have any more experience than a PTA President, so peddle your untruths elsewhere.

At the moment, the entire GOP is a "nobody". They have nothing to offer except a lame "pledge" that shows how desperate they are.
The Tea Party is drawing votes away from the Republican party, giving the DEMS an easier path to a second term in the WH, and maybe even congress.
Instead of lamely labeling your political enemies, try coming up with better ideas.
I have heard a few long suffering republicans lately say they might vote democrat for the first time ever.
If the GOP doesn't present a viable candidate, they are sunk already. And I don't see any volunteers that want to step up and get smacked down by a nobody.

At the moment, the entire GOP is a "nobody". They have nothing to offer except a lame "pledge" that shows how desperate they are.
The Tea Party is drawing votes away from the Republican party, giving the DEMS an easier path to a second term in the WH, and maybe even congress.
Instead of lamely labeling your political enemies, try coming up with better ideas.
I have heard a few long suffering republicans lately say they might vote democrat for the first time ever.
If the GOP doesn't present a viable candidate, they are sunk already. And I don't see any volunteers that want to step up and get smacked down by a nobody.

If that's what it takes to change the GOP and for them to stop being " liberal lite" and spending tax payer money like it's their own, I'm fine with that. Sometimes short term pain requires some sacrifices.

My definition was a "political nobody" and Merriam isn't helping you. Your offended because he's your hero.

I know what you meant and again he was a state senator so he wasn't a nobody. Your offended because your hero Neil Cavoto is a jerk.

If that's what it takes to change the GOP and for them to stop being " liberal lite" and spending tax payer money like it's their own, I'm fine with that. Sometimes short term pain requires some sacrifices.
Shrinks will tell us that most people don't change to, or from, self destructive behaviour without undergoing a significant emotional event.
If Obama wins a second term, it will be for the same reason he won his first term. He didn't win it as much as the GOP threw it away.
They take the middle class for granted, and don't give a hoot about the poor. If they could just pass laws allowing the rich a full vote, and the poor only half a vote....wait, something similar to that has been tried hasn't it?:shock:

Shrinks will tell us that most people don't change to, or from, self destructive behaviour without undergoing a significant emotional event.
If Obama wins a second term, it will be for the same reason he won his first term. He didn't win it as much as the GOP threw it away.
They take the middle class for granted, and don't give a hoot about the poor. If they could just pass laws allowing the rich a full vote, and the poor only half a vote....wait, something similar to that has been tried hasn't it?:shock:

Not sure but this has little to do with the Obama class warfare - which is a political red herring. It's about a solid foundation of financial security and constitutionality. Government bailouts, excessive spending, wars without congressional votes, intrusion into private citizens lives all are horrid. Then we have more and more laws being passed I mean there are so many things that are wrong it's difficult to know where to start. That's an easy decision for someone who is critical of all government, as less government is always preferable than more and less government is not part of Obamas remaking of America.

If either of the Obama's are saying anything that sounds good then it is time for Fox to interrupt.

Yeah, let the geniuses Beck or Hannity say something - they always say what sounds good to Reps/cons, may not be true, but it sounds good!

Not sure but this has little to do with the Obama class warfare - which is a political red herring. It's about a solid foundation of financial security and constitutionality. Government bailouts, excessive spending, wars without congressional votes, intrusion into private citizens lives all are horrid. Then we have more and more laws being passed I mean there are so many things that are wrong it's difficult to know where to start. That's an easy decision for someone who is critical of all government, as less government is always preferable than more and less government is not part of Obamas remaking of America.

Class warfare? I think it is more of a class revolt. Read up on the French Revolution.

I know what you meant and again he was a state senator so he wasn't a nobody. Your offended because your hero Neil Cavoto is a jerk.

I'm not offended and sure Cavutos a jerk... But that doesn't change a thing. Cavuto was still accurate and factual. :shrug:

Class warfare? I think it is more of a class revolt. Read up on the French Revolution.

No need to read about it I'm well versed. Call me when the beheadings of senators start.

The GOP seems to have traded in the idea of actual viable political candidates in favor of television/radio celebrities like Rush and Beck, and empty-headed inflatable dolls like Palin and O'Donnell.
They seem to be pandering to a base with a median IQ of somewhere around 80.
Anybody with a higher IQ than that, yeah, is likely to jump the fence and vote for a viable candidate, which- at this particular juncture- would mean voting for a Democrat.

The classic argument, but stated a little differently: that if you don't vote Democrat you must be stupid. It truly is tired and needs to die already.

The classic argument, but stated a little differently: that if you don't vote Democrat you must be stupid. It truly is tired and needs to die already.
So you would continue to vote repbublican even when the GOP is racing to a head on collision of some sort?
Even when the middle class is taxed out of existence just so the rich can have more? That is where the stupid comes in. Save us the tired old cliches about trickle down economics. The only people who benefit from that are politicians on the take. And it isn't class envy. Not one of the leftist pundits are saying that the middle class wants more luxuries. What they want is more security.
That means jobs.

Back
Top Bottom