• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Blames Benghazi and Malaysia Flight on Obama

Bob N

Weekend Political Pundit
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
That's right, you got the title. Does the hypocrisy from this station ever end in it's bias?

LINK

The hosts of Fox News’ morning show Fox & Friends on Sunday suggested President Barack Obama was to blame for both the 2012 terrorists attacks in Benghazi and missing Malaysian Flight 370 because he had failed to destroy al Qaeda.
After the state department released an email late last month about how former U.N. ambassador Susan Rice prepared to talk about the Benghazi attack on Sunday news shows, Fox News renewed its focus on the topic. And Sunday morning on Fox & Friends was no different.
“The president, you know, wanted to make sure that he could fit his narrative: GM is alive, Osama bin Laden dead, al Qaeda is on its heels,” host Anna Kooiman explained. “And we have some new information out today that 11 terrorists with links to al Qaeda have been reportedly arrested in Malaysia in connection with the disappearance with that missing airliner with 239 people onboard.”
Over the weekend, the Daily Mirror had reported that 11 terrorists with links to al Qaeda were being questioned about Flight 370. But by Sunday morning, Malaysian police were reportedly calling the allegations “rubbish.”

Last edited:
It is not bias to point out that Al Qaeda is not "on its heels" or "on the run" and that their continued and expanded attacks persist. This is in no way blaming Obama for not killing them all but correctly pointing out that Obama was asserting that he had Al Qaeda under control when he did not.

It is not bias to point out that Al Qaeda is not "on its heels" or "on the run" and that their continued and expanded attacks persist. This is in no way blaming Obama for not killing them all but correctly pointing out that Obama was asserting that he had Al Qaeda under control when he did not.
OK. I would at least say they're on the run. But what does Obama have to do with the Malaysia Flight?

OK. I would at least say they're on the run. But what does Obama have to do with the Malaysia Flight?

Nothing, and Fox News did say say anything about Obama being connected to that flight - your link simply implied that they did. That missing flight investigation (there were no arrests - Fox muffed that call) was used as evidence that Al Qaeda was actively being investgated. To be investigated then you must exist.

Are you asserting that Al Qaeda ran to Malaysia from Obama? Obama does not have Al Qaeda on its heels, on the run or under control - they are actually expanding their operations in many nations.

Nothing, and Fox News did say say anything about Obama being connected to that flight - your link simply implied that they did. That missing flight investigation (there were no arrests - Fox muffed that call) was used as evidence that Al Qaeda was actively being investgated. To be investigated then you must exist.
My link didn't do anything; Fox News implied it.

Are you asserting that Al Qaeda ran to Malaysia from Obama?
You must have asserted something; I didn't.

Obama does not have Al Qaeda on its heels, on the run or under control - they are actually expanding their operations in many nations.
I don't know if they ever were under control. The last time we had the vast majority of the important ones cornered was at Tora Bora and we know how that turned out.

Syria says :2wave:
Lets not forget Pakistan. You know don't you? The same leader ( Gen. Pervez Musharraf) in Pakistan that was working with Bush to squash al qaeda, when he was actually hiding those people just like bin Laden. ;)

Musharraf-Bush.jpg

My link didn't do anything; Fox News implied it.

You must have asserted something; I didn't.

I don't know if they ever were under control. The last time we had the vast majority of the important ones cornered was at Tora Bora and we know how that turned out.

What? The war on terror makes no distinction as to which are important ones. Obviously Obama thought the ones involved in Banghazi were important and avowed to bring them to justice. I wonder when that will happen. That poses a bit of a sticky problem, if Obama knows that they are Al Qaeda folks - does it not?

Btw, just how did Fox News imply that Obama had anything to do with the Malaysian flight?

Btw, just how did Fox News imply that Obama had anything to do with the Malaysian flight?

“The president, you know, wanted to make sure that he could fit his narrative: GM is alive, Osama bin Laden dead, al Qaeda is on its heels,” host Anna Kooiman explained. “And we have some new information out today that 11 terrorists with links to al Qaeda have been reportedly arrested in Malaysia in connection with the disappearance with that missing airliner with 239 people onboard.”
If you can't see that ttwtt you need glasses. Why the prior statement and then tell people about about arrests concerning al Qaeda. They didn't even check their story out. It's all in how they worded it.

If you can't see that ttwtt you need glasses. Why the prior statement and then tell people about about arrests concerning al Qaeda. They didn't even check their story out. It's all in how they worded it.

I explained that in my post #7 in this thread. ;)

You are connecting dots that aren't there, which is of course the same thing you are accusing fox news of doing.

That's right, you got the title. Does the hypocrisy from this station ever end in it's bias?

LINK

Why is everyone concerned about the Benghazi right now.?

Lets not forget Pakistan. You know don't you? The same leader ( Gen. Pervez Musharraf) in Pakistan that was working with Bush to squash al qaeda, when he was actually hiding those people just like bin Laden. ;)

Musharraf-Bush.jpg

So al Qaeda isn't "on the run."

And I explained it here again for you. ;)

Using two things in one story does not imply that one caused the other. Show me the quote implying that Obama was responsible for the Malaysian missing flight.

So al Qaeda isn't "on the run."
No. There is probably a good portion hiding out in Pakistan when they got away from Tora Bora. (You know that place, right? That's the place that George Bush had people we were fighting earlier go in to get bin Laden and company, and those people screwed it up for some reason. :roll: )

Well, anyways, apparently Fox News could not blame the "Malaysian Flight thing" using Al Qaeda. Just another source the "we report you decide" group messed up. :roll:

Using two things in one story does not imply that one caused the other. Show me the quote implying that Obama was responsible for the Malaysian missing flight.
I already did in post #11 :shrug:

I already did in post #11 :shrug:

Insects were eaten by frogs. Frogs caused a ten car pile up on roadway.

What affect does that imply that insects have on cars? ;)

LINK

That doesn't say anything about Fox blaming Malaysia Airlines on Obama. They are CLEARLY blaming it, potentially, on Al Quada.

That doesn't say anything about Fox blaming Malaysia Airlines on Obama. They are CLEARLY blaming it, potentially, on Al Quada.
I disagree. You didn't read how the reporter worded the whole thing. And what makes me laugh is that Fox didn't even confirm the report. :lol:

I disagree. You didn't read how the reporter worded the whole thing. And what makes me laugh is that Fox didn't even confirm the report. :lol:

How can you disagree? It clearly says:

They are clearly attacking his position that Al Quada is NOT on it's heels.

Don't let a line like this:

The hosts of Fox News’ morning show Fox & Friends on Sunday suggested President Barack Obama was to blame for both the 2012 terrorists attacks in Benghazi and missing Malaysian Flight 370 because he had failed to destroy al Qaeda.

Lead you like a sheep.

How could Al Quada making an attack be Obama's fault anyway? That entire line of thinking is literally stupid. Sure, Fox is after Obama but not in the way that this article, or you, suggest. It is laughable, in fact.

How can you disagree? It clearly says:

They are clearly attacking his position that Al Quada is NOT on it's heels.

Don't let a line like this:

Lead you like a sheep.

How could Al Quada making an attack be Obama's fault anyway? That entire line of thinking is literally stupid. Sure, Fox is after Obama but not in the way that this article, or you, suggest. It is laughable, in fact.
You know something? Why say this:

“The president, you know, wanted to make sure that he could fit his narrative: GM is alive, Osama bin Laden dead, al Qaeda is on its heels,” host Anna Kooiman explained.

Then immediately followed by:

“And we have some new information out today that 11 terrorists with links to al Qaeda have been reportedly arrested in Malaysia in connection with the disappearance with that missing airliner with 239 people onboard.”

And then find out that Fox News didn't check the authenticity of the story? They were too quick to blend in both thoughts and stick them together.

Back
Top Bottom