• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News analyst suggests Al Jazeera supports ‘killing Americans and so on’

Do the math. Every gas station around here is ME owned, except for 7/11. Thats alot of stores.
Heck just on the closest main road here there are 4 in under one mile.
Add to that every beverage store, taxi service and dump truck operation.
They hire nothing but family they bring over and dont pay them crap. Defend them all you want, I know better.

Twist and shout! Duck and Dodge! Quibble as best you can....

You give ZERO facts and DARE not answer a single question I asked because you are far more bias than accurate.

Around here 'real' Americans do those jobs and they don't get paid crap either....

Now try something more than 'I know better'-

What is the retail profit on each dollar spent? what is the overhead, to include taxes? What do you do for your 140K a month? What is your profit margin per dollar spent?

Fact is 'much' of the money we hand over goes to keeping the doors open.

'Every' 'All' 'much' no real verifiable numbers there.... just highly biased opinion.... :roll:

Which part of Fox News being shown on Sky did you not get? How cretinous does one need to be to take the opposite meaning from what was said? You just egged all over yourself. Here's a tip. You would dio well not to prepare your clincher before you see the response to your set-up.
AJ news is far more evenhanded and trustworthy than even liberal Americans will allow. Others will not watch it on ignorant "principle"

I've never seen Sky News, so I won't make any judgements about it or try to act like I know what it's all about (see how easy that is), but I'm pretty sure it's not the same as Fox News - different target audiences and all.

So you've seen snippets of Fox News here and there, as edited by your local provider. I think I've made my point.

I haven't seen Al Jazeera News so I can't say whether it's even-handed or whether it seems to push an agenda. I am fairly certain, though, that it will never be more than a curiosity for anyone outside the American Muslim community.

I would wager to guess it will recieve fewer viewers than, say, BBC America, which is actually not a bad channel.

For what it's worth, I would trade MSNBC or our own PBS for your BBC any day of the week. BBC is a fine station. And yes, I have seen the BBC quite a bit, they offer both the American and UK versions over here.

Serious question: In reporting on a terrorist attack a news organization refers to that attack as an "operation" and when reporting the names of terrorists the assign them the title of "martyr", is that news organization supporting terrorism?

Example (changing up some of the details to make it fit this hypothetical):

" Joe: Breaking news. XYZ News has just confirmed, a martyrdom operation has been carried out in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on the US Federal building there. Dozens are believed to be dead and dozens more injured. Reporter Jane Doe is on the scene. Jane, what more can you tell us?

Jane: Thanks Joe. The destruction is widespread and casualties are mounting but XYZ News can now confirm today's operation was carried out by Martyr Timothy McViegh, who was gave his life in the operation....."

Last edited:
Well if they did do you believe they would come right out and say it?.

Professional jealousy. Al Jazeera produces real news. Fox is just an ugly propanganda machine for the tea party, with pseudojournalists pretending to provide information.

The Libbos put more stock in the enemy's propaganda than American media. Anyone surprised?

I've never seen Sky News, so I won't make any judgements about it or try to act like I know what it's all about (see how easy that is), but I'm pretty sure it's not the same as Fox News - different target audiences and all.

So you've seen snippets of Fox News here and there, as edited by your local provider. I think I've made my point.

I haven't seen Al Jazeera News so I can't say whether it's even-handed or whether it seems to push an agenda. I am fairly certain, though, that it will never be more than a curiosity for anyone outside the American Muslim community.

I would wager to guess it will recieve fewer viewers than, say, BBC America, which is actually not a bad channel.

For what it's worth, I would trade MSNBC or our own PBS for your BBC any day of the week. BBC is a fine station. And yes, I have seen the BBC quite a bit, they offer both the American and UK versions over here.

Sky News is the British Fox, though less rancidly rightwing. They show regular segments, more than enough to get a flavour.

Where do you think that money you spend at the hadji marts goes?

Nice cars?

More stores?

That's my experience.

Most fathers who own "hadji" marts give stores to their sons.

The Libbos put more stock in the enemy's propaganda than American media. Anyone surprised?

Watch the channel.

So you speak from a position of lofty ignorance.

After 9/11, al Jazeera claimed that Jews had been warned in advance of the attacks, suggesting that the attacks were either an inside job launched by the American government, or a false flag operation carried out by Israel. Ignorant, I am not, sir. Perhaps it is you that doesn't know all the facts?

Read more @: Fox News analyst suggests Al Jazeera supports ‘killing Americans and so on’ | The Raw Story

Soo apparently some still believe Al-Jazeera supports terrorism because they report news on terrorism... ****ing pathetic. :doh[/FONT][/COLOR]

Fox News analyst Jim Pinkerton suggested on Monday that Al Jazeera’s new American television network might have an editorial policy that was supportive of “killing Americans and so on” because he said that was what most Arabs wanted.In preparation for Al Jazeera America’s Aug. 20 launch, Fox News host Jon Scott noted during a Monday segment that “some charged” that the network’s Middle East counterpart “gave a voice to terrorists.”
“But what about the editorial side of it?” Scott asked Pinkerton. “I mean, Al Jazeera, many people saw it as a mouthpiece for Osama bin Laden because that was the channel that regularly aired his diatribes right after 9/11.”
“Well, I think there’s something to that,” Pinkerton agreed. “But look, they’re an Arab news channel, and let’s face it, many — if not most — Arabs probably support what bin Laden was trying to do in terms of killing Americans and so on. The polls from the Pew Center certainly show that.” In fact, a Pew Research poll found that Muslim confidence in bin Laden declined sharplybetween 2003 and 2011. By that time, only 13 percent of Jordanians and 18 percent of Pakistanis supported the terrorist mastermind.

Of course, there's that stingy fact about what he said. He's right.

Except he's not.

Osama bin Laden Largely Discredited Among Muslim Publics in Recent Years | Pew Global Attitudes Project

On Anniversary of bin Laden

Facts man, gotta have those facts.

After 9/11, al Jazeera claimed that Jews had been warned in advance of the attacks, suggesting that the attacks were either an inside job launched by the American government, or a false flag operation carried out by Israel. Ignorant, I am not, sir. Perhaps it is you that doesn't know all the facts?

If by claimed you mean reported on people who claimed.

And you can of course provide a source for this claim right... and no a right wing pro israel Al Jazeera watch website does not count.

And you can of course provide a source for this claim right... and no a right wing pro israel Al Jazeera watch website does not count.

You're goung to attack any source I post, so what's the point?

This is interesting thought. If we were suddenly exposed to a news source that simply stated the facts and truth, would we even recognize it?
I don't listen to al-jazeera. They are a devious news site with an agenda. It's a bit smarter than MSNBC and Fox since they don't flat out push their agenda. But steadily and surely, they have goals. It's like RT. It's fair and balanced the first time you look at it. You like, you get drawn in... and 2 years later you accept everything they say as truth because they seem fair and balanced, when in fact, they're pushing an agenda.

It's like the 1degree arc math story.
You draw a straight line. Then, from the same point of origin, you draw another line at 1degree difference from it. At first, the 2 lines are basically identical. but as you draw further and further away, the difference between the straight line and the line that is phased by 1 degree starts to show. That's al jazeera. it's a 1degree line. So is RT for the most part.
Unlike Fox and MSNBC which are 90degree angles on opposite spectrums.

You're goung to attack any source I post, so what's the point?

I wont attack them if they are non-biased informative and based on facts.. something that the right clearly has a problem with.

I wont attack them if they are non-biased informative and based on facts.. something that the right clearly has a problem with.

Anything doesn't say what you want it to say is automatically discredited.

Read more @: Fox News analyst suggests Al Jazeera supports ‘killing Americans and so on’ | The Raw Story

Soo apparently some still believe Al-Jazeera supports terrorism because they report news on terrorism... ****ing pathetic. :doh[/FONT][/COLOR]

FOXNews analyst's also suggested Romney would win the presidential election regardless of all indicators pointing otherwise. Not sure what FOXNew has to say that can be found credible or factual.

FOXNews has zero journalistic high ground over Al Jazerra. Or, The Onion, for that matter.

Anything doesn't say what you want it to say is automatically discredited.

That's true. It happens on both sides.

I don't have a problem with using Fox News as a source for an event. Where I have a problem is when people use one of their opinion shows as evidence of fact.

That's true. It happens on both sides.

I don't have a problem with using Fox News as a source for an event. Where I have a problem is when people use one of their opinion shows as evidence of fact.

Libbos ignore facts like the plague. It's amazing how many Libbos think that Joe McCarthy was the chairman of the HUAC.

Back
Top Bottom