• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin Sets Hannity Straight on Russian Propaganda

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin Sets Hannity Straight on Russian Propaganda

iu

Fox News national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin yet again found herself clarifying misleading comments made by one of her colleagues. Griffin appeared on Wednesday night’s broadcast of Hannity to provide insight into the ongoing war in Ukraine, in particular the subject of biological research facilities in the country. A Fox News story earlier on Wednesday that Griffin contributed to detailed Russian accusations that the U.S. is helping develop biological weapons at Ukrainian labs. These claims are “laughable” and an example of Russian disinformation, a senior U.S. defense official said, according to the report. The report comes a day after Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland told Congress that the U.S. was working with Ukrainians to prevent Russia from taking control of the biolabs. She added that it’s a “classic Russian technique to blame on the other guy what they’re planning to do themselves.” Griffin reiterated these points to Hannity, adding, “That is why White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Moscow’s talk about these biolabs has led to concern by U.S. intelligence that Russia could use chemical or biological weapons in Ukraine to create a false flag operation.”

“Jennifer,” Hannity said, “but we do know that Victoria Nuland admitted that labs existed. What exactly they’re for, we never got clarity on, correct?” “Well, we do have clarity,” Griffin responded. “I have a fact sheet—that’s what I was just reading—from the Pentagon.” Griffin, who has been correcting Ukraine-related comments from Fox News hosts and guests over the past month, explained: “It is a long program that has existed where the Pentagon has partnered with these biolabs. These were Soviet-era labs that—remember the Nunn-Lugar Bill and trying to deal with proliferation when the Soviet Union ended—that is part of this effort to try to clean up those Soviet-era labs and make sure that nothing escapes from those labs. And so the U.S. has been very open about its involvement there with that. But what Russia does is they take that information, distort it, turn it around, and turn it into disinformation.”

The U.S. Defense Department and the Ukraine Ministry of Health have had a partnership since 2005 to improve public health laboratories and prevent the threat of outbreaks of infectious diseases. That effort is part of the Cooperative Threat Reduction Program (also see Nunn-Lugar Act), which began in 1991 to reduce the threat of existing weapons of mass destruction programs in former Soviet Republics. A biological lab in Ukraine tests for, detects, analyzes, and tracks pathogens and viruii such as Covid-19. Almost every country in the world has such a lab for public safety and health purposes.

Tucker was telling a whole plethora of lies about these labs as his lead story, too. Expect their faithful followers to now start spreading these lies all across the land today.
But they have hard evidence...the body language of Victoria Nuland!!

But they have hard evidence...the body language of Victoria Nuland!!
We can go with the words of Victoria Nuland, I you prefer words to body language.
I'm not sure what the straight and complete story is yet, but I certainly think we all need to know just that - honestly and completely. And not 6 months or a year from now, like often happens with important stories where politics enter immediately and we get a skewed version for a VERY long time.

We can go with the words of Victoria Nuland, I you prefer words to body language.
I'm not sure what the straight and complete story is yet, but I certainly think we all need to know just that - honestly and completely. And not 6 months or a year from now, like often happens with important stories where politics enter immediately and we get a skewed version for a VERY long time.
And what did her words say?

You mean like the skewed version that you are now touting? You are immediately proving my post #2.

And what did her words say?
I'm not your secretary. If you haven't seen it on the news yet and it interests you, google and look for it.

Tucker was telling a whole plethora of lies about these labs as his lead story, too. Expect their faithful followers to now start spreading these lies all across the land today.
I bet he will say Covid is from these labs by tomorrow.

I'm not your secretary. If you haven't seen it on the news yet and it interests you, google and look for it.

It’s stated right there in the OP article by Jennifer Griffin. Did YOU read it? Apparently not, or you would not be making unverified claimed of “skewed versions”. The info is right there. READ IT instead of inferring conspiracy theories. Geez.

I know her words. What do they mean to you (and why)?

It’s stated right there in the OP article by Jennifer Griffin. Did YOU read it? Apparently not, or you would not be making unverified claimed of “skewed versions”. The info is right there. READ IT instead of inferring conspiracy theories. Geez.
I have seen both interviews. The one with Nuland and I also heard Griffin on Hannity. I simply want to know the truth, even if the truth is not comforting to hear or not politically advantageous to anyone. I made no "unverified claim" about anything. Read my comments again. You may think this very important story has been adequately addressed and answered (do you think that?). I don't have that confidence at all, and Jennifer Griffin certainly didn't give me that confidence.

I have seen both interviews. The one with Nuland and I also heard Griffin on Hannity. I simply want to know the truth, even if the truth is not comforting to hear or not politically advantageous to anyone. I made no "unverified claim" about anything. Read my comments again. You may think this very important story has been adequately addressed and answered (do you think that?). I don't have that confidence at all, and Jennifer Griffin certainly didn't give me that confidence.

Ah yes. Nuland and Griffin give reasoned explanations and Tucker and Hannity give their normal conspiracy theories, and you choose the latter. This is yet another example of the Obama birthed movement whereby the “questions” that you right wingers pose can literally never be answered to your satisfaction. It’s an indictment of your preference for conspiracy theories, nothing else. Go down your rabbit hole yet again if you wish. We are not following you.

Looking at the story told by Tucker and Hannity is true, then:
- Seems Trump would have some explaining to do. That is unless it is proven the labs are new since Biden took office.

Amazing! I make this prediction, and only two posts later gbg3 literally makes it come true! Amazing! But predictable.

I don't trust any of them. They all have been caught lying too many times to be taken at their word.

It would not surprise me if we were using Ukrainian labs to research bio weapons not would it surprise me if it's all Russian disinformation and no labs have even been targeted.

Bottom line is none of them are trustworthy.

- Seems Trump would have some explaining to do. That is unless it is proven the labs are new since Biden took office.

My bet is that will never be explored and most bobble heads won't care. Their thinking is so deep that when you scrape the surface...you're scraping the bottom
Amazing! I make this prediction, and only two posts later gbg3 literally makes it come true! Amazing! But predictable.
So true! The facts will never be presented BUT Tucker will pose some preposterous "question" and they'll say.....see it's true I knew it! Shades of " unmasking", Hunters lap top and so many more.

Last edited:
My bet is that will never be explored and most bobble heads won't care. Their thinking is so deep that when you scrape the service...you're scraping the bottom

So true! The facts will never be presented BUT Tucker will pose some preposterous "question" and they'll say.....see it's true I knew it! Shades of " unmasking", Hunters lap top and so many more.

So very true.

Looking forward to seeing you quote my comments containing "these lies" I've (according to you) started spreading.

My point, in case you are missing it, is it is you spreading lies or, more specifically, completely fabricating something another poster supposedly said. Liberals are superstars at that nefarious tactic.

They're very helpful that way.

Biden, Trump, Obama...,,,, other government personnel and any Fauci type who might have had knowledge. I don't know yet if this info is next to nothing or if it might be quite substantial and troubling. But I certainly want to know and I want to know the truth. I would think, after going through years of covid, everyone should be extremely interested in making certain we learn the truth. For example, I'd very much like to know what led Rubio to ask his question of Nuland!

My bet is that will never be explored
If you mean this news of biological research facilities in Ukraine - I think there is a good chance your bet might be correct (very unfortunately!).

Biden, Trump, Obama...,,,, other government personnel and any Fauci type who might have had knowledge. I don't know yet if this info is next to nothing or if it might be quite substantial and troubling. But I certainly want to know and I want to know the truth. I would think, after going through years of covid, everyone should be extremely interested in making certain we learn the truth. For example, I'd very much like to know what led Rubio to ask his question of Nuland!

imo, what we have hear is Russia playing the "fake news". Of course Tucker and Hannity are going to play along when it can be used to question the current President.

sometimes when a trump republican starts a thread i'll go see if it's at the top of the Fox News website.

guess what i find?

He asked it to publically trash the Russian propaganda that Ukraine is making bioweapons.

Starts at 40:28. If you listened to her remarks already, you would know why Rubio brought it up. It's short; listen to the whole exchange.

Folks, I think gbg has me on ignore. Can someone show her this?

If you mean this news of biological research facilities in Ukraine - I think there is a good chance your bet might be correct (very unfortunately!).
Yes, but my post was in the context of what was known by the Trump administration. There will be zero focus on that by Fox.

Back
Top Bottom