• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin Sets Hannity Straight on Russian Propaganda

It is very clear what Rubio was getting at......that Russia is spinning this to set a false flag on what will be their use of chemical weapons. Can someone explain to me why Fox is pushing the Russian narrative over that of the US? On a count down to Trump's pushing it too. Holy hell, up is down and down is up!!!!!

Biden, Trump, Obama...,,,, other government personnel and any Fauci type who might have had knowledge. I don't know yet if this info is next to nothing or if it might be quite substantial and troubling. But I certainly want to know and I want to know the truth. I would think, after going through years of covid, everyone should be extremely interested in making certain we learn the truth. For example, I'd very much like to know what led Rubio to ask his question of Nuland!

“I want to know the truth”. Yes, that’s what you right wingers said for years about Obama’s birth certificate. Do you also want to know the truth about the potential involvement of Trump and his aides regarding the Jan 6 insurrection?

“I want to know the truth”. Yes, that’s what you right wingers said for years about Obama’s birth certificate. Do you also want to know the truth about the potential involvement of Trump and his aides regarding the Jan 6 insurrection?
It's pretty weird when a conservative or anyone indicating they want to know the truth is viewed as a problem in the mind of a liberal.

The level of the silliness of tossing "Obama's birth certificate" into a thread on this topic - is impressive, LOL!

imo, what we have hear is Russia playing the "fake news". Of course Tucker and Hannity are going to play along when it can be used to question the current President.
Is that it? Why do some on the right support Putin? Is it because of Trump's admiration of him? Is it a way to attack Biden? Is it just more eyeballs for Hannity and Carlson? Is it because he is a tyrant, but not named Castro or Chavez?

Tucker was telling a whole plethora of lies about these labs as his lead story, too. Expect their faithful followers to now start spreading these lies all across the land today.
Why do you watch so much of Hannity and Carlson if you think they are liars and the aggravate you so much? Think of all the positive things you could with your time rather than watching them.

Is that it? Why do some on the right support Putin? Is it because of Trump's admiration of him? Is it a way to attack Biden? Is it just more eyeballs for Hannity and Carlson? Is it because he is a tyrant, but not named Castro or Chavez?
It's the size of his genitals. Rather impressive for a rather short man.

It's pretty weird when a conservative or anyone indicating they want to know the truth is viewed as a problem in the mind of a liberal.

The level of the silliness of tossing "Obama's birth certificate" into a thread on this topic - is impressive, LOL!

What is weird is how you right wingers always hide behind “questions” that always seem to call into question the statements of reasoned person’s like Nuland and Griffin while they are, by coincidence I’m sure, the very same “questions” that are being propagated by the likes of the liars Tucker and Hannity, and also hide behind phrases like “I want to know the truth” when that’s the absolute LAST thing that you actually want. And yes, this is the same pattern that is used repeatedly, with the “birther” movement being a prime example. “We just want to know the truth. We’re just asking questions”. You right wingers are SO transparent in your excuse-making.
And again, do you want to know the truth about the potential involvement of Trump and his aides and some Congressional involvement in planning for the Jan 6 events? Why did you skip this question before?

We can go with the words of Victoria Nuland, I you prefer words to body language.
I'm not sure what the straight and complete story is yet, but I certainly think we all need to know just that - honestly and completely. And not 6 months or a year from now, like often happens with important stories where politics enter immediately and we get a skewed version for a VERY long time.
You mean like the mueller report and the 1/6 investigation?

We can go with the words of Victoria Nuland, I you prefer words to body language
It is hard for me to believe you heard what Norland said in the Q&A with Rubio and came away with any impression other than that this is an attempt by Russia to raise a false flag. That is not to say there weren't labs in the Ukraine working on biological viruses etc but it's a huge leap to biological weapons. Every country in the world has these labs. It's not nefarious it is science.

Now is there an argument to made about whether they should exist or not but that is a totally different conversation. As Isaid every country has them.

Looking at the story told by Tucker and Hannity is true, then:
- Seems Trump would have some explaining to do. That is unless it is proven the labs are new since Biden took office.
The labs are definitely not new; some upgrades and two new labs in 2019

Ministry of Defense (MOD) COVID-19 Response Assistance

Sanitary-Epidemiological Department (SED) of the Medical Command of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense received four mobile laboratories from DTRA with the goal of reinforcing the system of epidemiological surveillance in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense received an official Order from the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine concerning the deployment of the mobile labs to the regions of Kyiv, Lviv and Eastern Ukraine to help with the COVID-19 response.

On April 11, 2020, President Zelenskyy visited the SED unit in Pokrovskoye City, Donetsk Oblast, and familiarized himself with the capabilities of the mobile laboratories to help military and civilian people during the COVID-19 epidemic. (News article)

Laboratory Construction

BTRP has upgraded many laboratories for the Ministry of Health and the State Food Safety and Consumer Protection Service of Ukraine, reaching Biosafety Level 2. In 2019, BTRP constructed two laboratories for the latter, one in Kyiv and one in Odesa.

@mike2810;

The labs are definitely not new; some upgrades and two new labs in 2019

Ministry of Defense (MOD) COVID-19 Response Assistance

Sanitary-Epidemiological Department (SED) of the Medical Command of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense received four mobile laboratories from DTRA with the goal of reinforcing the system of epidemiological surveillance in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense received an official Order from the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine concerning the deployment of the mobile labs to the regions of Kyiv, Lviv and Eastern Ukraine to help with the COVID-19 response.

On April 11, 2020, President Zelenskyy visited the SED unit in Pokrovskoye City, Donetsk Oblast, and familiarized himself with the capabilities of the mobile laboratories to help military and civilian people during the COVID-19 epidemic. (News article)

Laboratory Construction

BTRP has upgraded many laboratories for the Ministry of Health and the State Food Safety and Consumer Protection Service of Ukraine, reaching Biosafety Level 2. In 2019, BTRP constructed two laboratories for the latter, one in Kyiv and one in Odesa.

@mike2810;
As others have stated there is a difference between a medical/health lab and a military biological weapons lab.

Biden, Trump, Obama...,,,, other government personnel and any Fauci type who might have had knowledge. I don't know yet if this info is next to nothing or if it might be quite substantial and troubling. But I certainly want to know and I want to know the truth. I would think, after going through years of covid, everyone should be extremely interested in making certain we learn the truth. For example, I'd very much like to know what led Rubio to ask his question of Nuland!
It's nothing more than Russian propaganda spun out of control by Fox News. They've been doing it now for weeks. And you should know by now, that anything Putin says is a lie. So it starts with a Putin lie, and blows up (because of Tucker) to labs in Ukraine making chemical weapons.

None of it was true from the start. It's Putin's way of keeping his own citizens in line with all his war crimes. This kind of of propaganda won't last when Russian moms see their boys come home in body bags.

I don't trust any of them. They all have been caught lying too many times to be taken at their word.

It would not surprise me if we were using Ukrainian labs to research bio weapons not would it surprise me if it's all Russian disinformation and no labs have even been targeted.

Bottom line is none of them are trustworthy.
Way to take a position

Way to take a position
"take a position"????????????????

What an odd comment. Recognizing how very much the public has been lied to about sensitive (and potentially serious) issues and questioning trustworthiness at a time when narrative after narrative has been later found to be completely false or made up because people, governments, and news media chose to "take a position" rather than even question validity. Nuland said "quite concerned". Don't you wonder why Russia taking control of these labs would be quite concerning to her or are you comfortable in your "position" - void of any further information?

"take a position"????????????????

What an odd comment. Recognizing how very much the public has been lied to about sensitive (and potentially serious) issues and questioning trustworthiness at a time when narrative after narrative has been later found to be completely false or made up because people, governments, and news media chose to "take a position" rather than even question validity. Nuland said "quite concerned". Don't you wonder why Russia taking control of these labs would be quite concerning to her or are you comfortable in your "position" - void of any further information?

I hope that you are not still believing the lies that Tucker and Hannity told about the labs.

"In less than two weeks, a conspiracy theory about Ukrainian biolabs has gone from a fringe QAnon Twitter account to becoming a major rallying cry for both Russian President Vladimir Putin’s regime and the U.S. far-right.

Now, the White House says it may be used by Putin as cover for a bioweapons attack on Ukraine.

The theory that the Russian invasion was a pretext to destroy U.S.-installed biolabs first emerged online in the hours after Putin began airstrikes in Ukraine—although it can be traced back to older conspiracy claims. Since then, it has been touted or outright endorsed by a roster of Russian disinformation accounts; Russian and Chinese state media; Russian officials, including Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and United Russia leader Dmitry Medvedev; and noted U.S. far-right figures, including QAnon leader Ron Watkins and former U.S. President Donald Trump advisor Steve Bannon.

Bannon’s War Room podcast heard from former Trump apparatchik Peter Navarro that health advisor Anthony Fauci was at the center of everything. “Whatever happened in the Ukraine,” Navarro said about those biolabs, “he had to know about it.”

Writer Glenn Greenwald, increasingly aligned with far-right polemicists, spun an imaginary narrative where Rubio was “visibly stunned,” characterizing Nuland’s comments as confirmation of U.S-controlled or created biological weapons in Ukraine.

“The only reason to be ‘quite concerned’ about these ‘biological research facilities’ falling into Russian hands is if they contain sophisticated materials that Russian scientists have not yet developed on their own and which could be used for nefarious purposes,” Greenwald writes. “Either advanced biological weapons or dual-use ‘research’ that has the potential to be weaponized.”

Greenwald’s theory was quickly endorsed by Fox News host and de facto voice of the American far-right Tucker Carlson. Carlson dismissed the idea that QAnon (“whatever that is,” Carlson said) was responsible for the original theory—despite the theory’s originator being a longtime QAnon follower. Carlson declared Nuland’s testimony confirmation that “the Russian disinformation they’ve been telling us for days is a lie, and a conspiracy theory, and crazy, and immoral to believe is, in fact, totally and completely true,” he said. “Woah.”

And what did her words say?
Victoria Nuland is at it again, can't keep her mouth shut. Admitted the US has biological research facilities in Ukraine because she was afraid that the Russians may overtake
those facilities. "Toria Nuland' Secretary of State of European Affairs under Obama
admitted to spending 5 billion dollars through the years to finally bring about the Kiev Maidan Coup in 2014.

Yet, despite the extraordinary costs and dangers, Nuland failed to appreciate the practical on-the-ground realities, much as her husband and other neocons did in Iraq. While Nuland got her hand-picked client Yatsenyuk installed and he did oversee a U.S.-demanded “neo-liberal” economic plan slashing pensions, heating assistance and other social programs the chaos that her “regime change” unleashed transformed Ukraine into a financial black hole. It all backfired on Nuland when after the coup eastern oblasts rebelled & Russia
took Crimea faster than one can say peninsula without a shot being fired.

It's always a bad idea for Nuland to be involved around anything contentious in Europe.

Victoria Nuland is at it again, can't keep her mouth shut. Admitted the US has biological research facilities in Ukraine because she was afraid that the Russians may overtake
those facilities. "Toria Nuland' Secretary of State of European Affairs under Obama
admitted to spending 5 billion dollars through the years to finally bring about the Kiev Maidan Coup in 2014.

Yet, despite the extraordinary costs and dangers, Nuland failed to appreciate the practical on-the-ground realities, much as her husband and other neocons did in Iraq. While Nuland got her hand-picked client Yatsenyuk installed and he did oversee a U.S.-demanded “neo-liberal” economic plan slashing pensions, heating assistance and other social programs the chaos that her “regime change” unleashed transformed Ukraine into a financial black hole. It all backfired on Nuland when after the coup eastern oblasts rebelled & Russia

It's always a bad idea for Nuland to be involved around anything contentious in Europe.

So many many lies.

Let me sum it up here, us says labs did not exist at all, but mentioned the labs in us govt and ukrainian govt websites, russia says they found evidence they were weapons facilities not for peaceful purposes, us denies they exist but take down all information about them from their websites.

China and russia and some other countries demand the us govt release documents explaining what they were doing, us govt says it is fully debunked because they said so and they do not need to explain anything because they are so absolutely innocent that no one needs to look into any of it. The story then changed to they were for disease prevention(why did they not say that before when they denied they existed and why was the dod funding them, and why will they not release documents if they are so squeaky clean).

To me people are calling this russian propoganda, but it looks just like the hillary thing, it is not propoganda, but rather getting caught blatently lying to the american people, and accusing anyone saying otherwise of pushing propoganda. I say if this was legit peaceful purpose programs than there is nothing to hide as the world already knows about those diseases, and the us govt going to lengths to deny and hide everything and considering saying nuh uh as absolute proof just makes more people believe russia was right the whole time and america has been blatently lying the whole time.

Let me sum it up here, us says labs did not exist at all, but mentioned the labs in us govt and ukrainian govt websites, russia says they found evidence they were weapons facilities not for peaceful purposes, us denies they exist but take down all information about them from their websites.

China and russia and some other countries demand the us govt release documents explaining what they were doing, us govt says it is fully debunked because they said so and they do not need to explain anything because they are so absolutely innocent that no one needs to look into any of it. The story then changed to they were for disease prevention(why did they not say that before when they denied they existed and why was the dod funding them, and why will they not release documents if they are so squeaky clean).

To me people are calling this russian propoganda, but it looks just like the hillary thing, it is not propoganda, but rather getting caught blatently lying to the american people, and accusing anyone saying otherwise of pushing propoganda. I say if this was legit peaceful purpose programs than there is nothing to hide as the world already knows about those diseases, and the us govt going to lengths to deny and hide everything and considering saying nuh uh as absolute proof just makes more people believe russia was right the whole time and america has been blatently lying the whole time.
What really happened is some random person made a tweet, which inspired Alex Jones to make a story about it on his show, which in turn inspired people on Russian and Chinese social media to run wild with these theories, that somehow made Tucker and Hannity to think it was a good idea to treat them as facts.

You should source that.

Blather.

Back
Top Bottom