• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox journalist confirms Atlantic article

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Fox News reported Trump never said that dead US troops were 'suckers,' but the network's national security correspondent said ex-officials confirmed he did

Fox national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin — said parts of the damning report were verified to her by two people who previously worked for the Trump administration.

Alemania-y-Rusia-critican-a-EU-por-suspender-financiamiento-a.jpg

9/5/20
Fox News spent a chunk of its Friday coverage dismissing a report in The Atlantic saying President Donald Trump belittled fallen military members by calling them "suckers" and "losers." Then Jennifer Griffin, a national security correspondent for the network, said in a lengthy Twitter thread that former Trump administration officials confirmed the president's remarks to her. The Atlantic article cited anonymous sources, and Fox News's own sources suggested the article had been falsified. But two former senior Trump administration officials later verified the president's disparaging comments, Griffin said. "According to one former senior Trump administration official: 'When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker,'" Griffin tweeted. This source also described "a character flaw" of the president, saying, "He could not understand why someone would die for their country," Griffin added. Trump was scheduled to visit Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris that November but said the trip was called off because "the helicopter couldn't fly" and that the Secret Service wouldn't drive him to the cemetery. Griffin learned, however, that Trump "just didn't want to go," she wrote on Twitter, citing an unnamed source.

One of the sources also confirmed that the president said during a planning session that it was "not a good look" to include the "wounded guys" in a July 4 military parade, Griffin reported. She also said she found out that Trump "just hated" Sen. John McCain. This corroboration comes on the heels of Trump, his family, and his advisers staunchly denying The Atlantic's story and framing it as a political attack by a biased magazine. Trump appeared to be aware of Griffin's reporting by Friday evening. The president took to Twitter to disparage Griffin and demand that Fox News fire her. Journalists who covered the White House responded to Trump by defending Griffin's credentials and her reporting. "[Griffin] is an excellent reporter and a class act," ABC News chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl said in a tweet. Fox News chief political anchor Bret Baier also described Griffin as "a great reporter and a total class act."

Trump supporters love Fox ... until they don't.

Anything that casts Donald Trump in a negative light is immediately dismissed as "fake news", even it the one doing the reporting is a respected Fox News journalist.

Trump has attacked both the Fox reporter and the majority owner of The Atlantic.

What’s the first thing posters @DP scream when the messenger is attacked?

Trump’s morning Tweet:

Steve Jobs would not be happy that his wife is wasting money he left her on a failing Radical Left Magazine that is run by a con man (Goldberg) and spews FAKE NEWS & HATE. Call her, write her, let her know how you feel!!!

“Call her, write her......”

As I said in another thread.

It really doesn’t matter, nothing matters.

Even if he did say it, it probably wouldn’t change a single Trumpists mind about him.

Why?

He already said he doesn’t like “people who were captured”.

Which is pretty bad and they love him even more.

He could go right up to the tomb of the unknown soldier and piss on it and they would want to make him President for Life.

Even if he did say it, it probably wouldn’t change a single Trumpists mind about him.

Why?

He could go right up to the tomb of the unknown soldier and piss on it and they would want to make him President for Life.

What about "we would rather have him than Hillary or that senile old fart you guys are running" don't you understand?

they tried all day yesterday to make this go away. i'm sure Rush/Sean/the rest of Fox are in overdrive.

it won't matter to the most vile Trump supporters. it will matter to some military members and some people who have slowly been losing faith in our con man and criminal President.

Why?

It actually does matter. And I don't mean this in the abstract; I mean that it it really does have an impact. It's just that if the impact you're looking for is a cratering approval beyond what we already have and impeachment, then you're not looking at the big picture. His ceiling is at 44.5%, but consider how high it would be if there weren't constant revelations of his atrocious behavior. Polls like this don't come out of a vacuum:

poll.jpg

It actually does matter. And I don't mean this in the abstract; I mean that it it really does have an impact. It's just that if the impact you're looking for is a cratering approval beyond what we already have and impeachment, then you're not looking at the big picture. His ceiling is at 44.5%, but consider how high it would be if there weren't constant revelations of his atrocious behavior. Polls like this don't come out of a vacuum:

View attachment 67294208

The whole point of everything is when will this clown show end?

He’s literally cheating... As we speak and your nation is completely impotent to stop him.

You can tout those polls all you want and if you had a majority vote and a national standard for voting, I wouldn’t be worried.

But you don’t, you have the archaic EC with a state by state standard with some states going out of their way to outright strip citizens of the ability to vote.

He’s probably gonna win you know?

I’ve completely lost faith in everything.

The fact he could do what he did to the USPS in broad daylight and it seems NOTHING can be done is a sign the game is up.

The whole point of everything is when will this clown show end?

He’s literally cheating... As we speak and your nation is completely impotent to stop him.

You can tout those polls all you want and if you had a majority vote and a national standard for voting, I wouldn’t be worried.

But you don’t, you have the archaic EC with a state by state standard with some states going out of their way to outright strip citizens of the ability to vote.

He’s probably gonna win you know?

I’ve completely lost faith in everything.

The fact he could do what he did to the USPS in broad daylight and it seems NOTHING can be done is a sign the game is up.

I think you're overly pessimistic. And yes, I'm fully aware of all the things you pointed out.

Trump has attacked both the Fox reporter and the majority owner of The Atlantic.

What’s the first thing posters @DP scream when the messenger is attacked?

Trump’s morning Tweet:

Steve Jobs would not be happy that his wife is wasting money he left her on a failing Radical Left Magazine that is run by a con man (Goldberg) and spews FAKE NEWS & HATE. Call her, write her, let her know how you feel!!!

“Call her, write her......”

....and don't forget to include a few death threats.

I think you're overly pessimistic. And yes, I'm fully aware of all the things you pointed out.

*looks around at the state of the world...

Are you certain I’m being overly pessimistic?

*looks around at the state of the world...

Are you certain I’m being overly pessimistic?

I think you're right to be very, very concerned. But there's a difference between extreme concern (which the situation absolutely merits) and certainty that it's all going to go to ****. Although the situation is obviously more complex than 2016 and 2018, I think it's more analogous to 2018 than 2016.

I think you're right to be very, very concerned. But there's a difference between extreme concern (which the situation absolutely merits) and certainty that it's all going to go to ****. Although the situation is obviously more complex than 2016 and 2018, I think it's more analogous to 2018 than 2016.

“Very/Extreme concerned”?

That’s what Republican politicians say when Trump just announced that he enjoys gargling on Putins cum Whilst literally pissing on John McCains grave whilst strangling a child migrant to death before they move on to “The Economy” and what a great job he’s done with that.

What Trump is doing right now is I think is far, far more dangerous than I think even an extreme detractor like you realizes.

I hope I’m wrong... But dude, if he does not lose this election and it’s clear the USPS play, played a large role and he completely gets away with it, it is the end of American Democracy, full stop.

So I dunno, pessimist? Realist.

it absolutely wont

we are dealing with a cult not a political organization with object people

Sounds like an assholic thing that he might say, and he has verbally attacked John McCain in the same way. However, i wasn't there, so it's hard to say that he did it with certainty. I'll be voting against him either way.

“Very/Extreme concerned”?

That’s what Republican politicians say when Trump just announced that he enjoys gargling on Putins cum Whilst literally pissing on John McCains grave whilst strangling a child migrant to death before they move on to “The Economy” and what a great job he’s done with that.

What Trump is doing right now is I think is far, far more dangerous than I think even an extreme detractor like you realizes.

I hope I’m wrong... But dude, if he does not lose this election and it’s clear the USPS play, played a large role and he completely gets away with it, it is the end of American Democracy, full stop.

So I dunno, pessimist? Realist.

I'm not working with a different set of facts than you. If you and I were a venn diagram with one circle representing your grasp of the information and the other representing mine, what you would get is almost entirely a perfect circle. Where we're looking at the situation differently is that you're fixated on electoral shennanigans (which are quite real), and I'm fixating on Democratic voter resolve to bypass those shennanigans by any means possible. I think you're underestimating the combination of rage and terror that exists within the left right now, and fear and anger are incredibly effective tools for getting out the vote.

If you want an informative microcosm, look at voter turnout in Wisconsin last April. Despite very Wisconsin-y voter suppression tactics, Democrats turned out in record number and braved the plague when it was new and at its most terrifying. That's the kind of resolve I think you're going to see this November.

I'm not working with a different set of facts than you. If you and I were a venn diagram with one circle representing your grasp of the information and the other representing mine, what you would get is almost entirely a perfect circle. Where we're looking at the situation differently is that you're fixated on electoral shennanigans (which are quite real), and I'm fixating on Democratic voter resolve to bypass those shennanigans by any means possible. I think you're underestimating the combination of rage and terror that exists within the left right now, and fear and anger are incredibly effective tools for getting out the vote.

If you want an informative microcosm, look at voter turnout in Wisconsin last April. Despite very Wisconsin-y voter suppression tactics, Democrats turned out in record number and braved the plague when it was new and at its most terrifying. That's the kind of resolve I think you're going to see this November.

Let me just say this as a final word on this.

I hope, you are the one who is correct.

The comments attributed to him certainly sound like something he would say, but anonymous sources are not going to convince anyone they need to convince.

(The "Choir" is already convinced..I'm not talking about them)

The comments attributed to him certainly sound like something he would say, but anonymous sources are not going to convince anyone they need to convince.

(The "Choir" is already convinced..I'm not talking about them)

Amazing right? Maybe the Trumpers need to watch All the Presidents men to understand journalism and sources. Fox News confirmed and is standing behind Griffen. Can’t make this up, oh wait Q can and will make **** up.

Back
Top Bottom