• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox host slams president; Trump supporters call for his head

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Poor Shep. The Trump devotees are out for his head now.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is under fire for criticizing President's Trump's treatment of CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a freewheeling news conference Thursday and for Trump's refusal to answer questions about his campaign's ties to Russia.

"It's crazy what we're watching every day," Smith said after Trump's news conference. "It's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous, throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions? No sir."

"We have a right to know," Smith added. "You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking questions on behalf of the American people."

Like Megyn Kelly, Smith got a taste of the social media fury of Trump supporters who believe a Fox News host has scorned the president:

So much for the right-wing as the staunch defenders of free expression.

Meh...he can say what he wants but is there any question that the media are as delicate and thin skinned as Trump?

Its been comical listening to their poutrage. Trump is trivializing the press!!! Trump is damaging the first amendment!!!!

Ummm...no. The media has done that to themselves. The lack of trust in the media is nothing new.

Last edited:
Meh...he can say what he wants but is there any question that the media are as delicate and think skinned as Trump?

Its been comical listening to their poutrage. Trump is trivializing the press!!! Trump is damaging the first amendment!!!!

Ummm...no. The media has done that to themselves. The lack of trust in the media is nothing new.
So the media is acting like a Precious Snowflake because... our Precious Snowflake In Chief is criticizing them for... criticizing the Snowflake in Chief? lol

Y'know, at some point whining about other people whining does not work.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is under fire for criticizing President's Trump's treatment of CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a freewheeling news conference Thursday and for Trump's refusal to answer questions about his campaign's ties to Russia.

"It's crazy what we're watching every day," Smith said after Trump's news conference. "It's absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous, throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions? No sir."

"We have a right to know," Smith added. "You call us fake news and put us down like children for asking questions on behalf of the American people."

Like Megyn Kelly, Smith got a taste of the social media fury of Trump supporters who believe a Fox News host has scorned the president:

"This too shall pass".

So the media is acting like a Precious Snowflake because... our Precious Snowflake In Chief is criticizing them for... criticizing the Snowflake in Chief? lol

Y'know, at some point whining about other people whining does not work.
I believe that is what I said.

Glad to see somebody at FOX has integrity to tell it like it is.

So much for the right-wing as the staunch defenders of free expression.

Neither the right nor the liberal 25 percent are much interested in free speech but for themselves.

Sheppard Smith is the only journalist with any ounce of credibility left on Fox News and I used to be a big time fan of theirs. Do they have one objective anti-trump person anymore?

Did anyone actually see the press conference in question? It was ridiculous. Trump's low intelligence was in plain sight.

Trump fielded a question about the leaks like this,

"Well the leaks are real but the news is fake."

Anyone who can think things through knows that both statements cannot exist together.

If the leaks are real then the news is real too.

Hands up don't shoot.

Stop doing fake news and you won't be nailed for it. Simple as that.

The thing that blows my mind the most about this whole Russia Fake News thing is that both the Russian angle of the story and the illegal leaks can be real news, but I've seen/heard people argue that only one is actual news. And in my mind Shepard Smith is right, the Trump Administration, to me, has done very little to make me think they are honest.

Sheppard Smith is the only journalist with any ounce of credibility left on Fox News and I used to be a big time fan of theirs. Do they have one objective anti-trump person anymore?

Just Shep, apparently. The people at Fox and Friends will continue the Trump love since he said yesterday how awesomes they are!

After months on months of them bull****ting to support Hillary and BLM we all supposed to believe CNN is honest. Riiiiight.

Actual excerpt from the press conference.. interaction with a reporter named April Ryan:

RYAN: When you say the inner cities, are you going — are you going to include the CBC, Mr. President? In your conversations with your — your urban agenda, your inner city agenda, as well as —

TRUMP: Am I going to include who?

RYAN: Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional —

TRUMP: Well, I would. I tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting?

RYAN: No, no, no. I’m not —

TRUMP: Are they friends of yours?

RYAN: I'm just a reporter.

TRUMP: Well, then set up the meeting.

RYAN: I know some of them, but I'm sure they're watching right now.

TRUMP: Let's go set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus. I think it's great, the Congressional Black Caucus. I think it's great.

Just Shep, apparently. The people at Fox and Friends will continue the Trump love since he said yesterday how awesomes they are!

And he was very hesitant about it up until a few months ago. He would have never uttered his true feelings during the election, but then again. That's what good reporters are supposed to do. There comes a time where you just can't hope any longer. To people paying attention. This week, was that time.

I think you stumbled into the wrong thread.

No, I think I'm in the right thread. Trump blasting CNN is perfectly cool with me. Maybe if their lies didn't cause riots and empower a movement opposed to police they could be forgiven. Maybe if they weren't in the tank for Hillary from the start and lie in her favor during the campaign they could be forgiven. But the fact is they empowered a dangerous movement by spreading lies and did not provide honest news about Hillary during the campaign. All I will say is that I hope Trump puts them in their place.

Even conservative leaning viewers like myself, go off the reservation in that timeslot.
Surprisingly I prefer the 'very fake news' channel CNN because Brooke Baldwin is a far
better view & for CNN she's reasonably fair & balanced!

Smith is boring, regardless of topic!

Meh...he can say what he wants but is there any question that the media are as delicate and thin skinned as Trump?

Especially when his berating of the CNN reporter was a give and take with that reporter and it was done without malice and with good humor.

Especially when he DID answer the question about his campaign's ties to Russia. He denied there were any at least that he knew about and his people have said no. He is careful these days to qualify his answers to avoid giving a hostile media ammunition should it turn out that something happened that he didn't know about. That is not failure to answer. That is being smart.

I am guessing that Shep did not watch the whole, if any of, the press conference and is giving a knee jerk reaction to what a hostile media has said about it.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. He can't berate the President with incorrect or wrongly presented information and not expect to be criticized for that.

Did anyone actually see the press conference in question? It was ridiculous. Trump's low intelligence was in plain sight.

Trump fielded a question about the leaks like this,

"Well the leaks are real but the news is fake."

Anyone who can think things through knows that both statements cannot exist together.

If the leaks are real then the news is real too.

It was drop jaw head shaking bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom