• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox & Friends claims marijuana gummies are ‘killing people - Fake News

Misleading thread title and op

Actually,

Kids overdosed on green hornet gummies. Could have been fatal. The overriding message, per the sheriff, is why it is packaged for appeal to kids.
If we want pot legalized, we should question that, if nothing else.

LOL! "Gateway drug"? Marijuana 'fatal'?

That sheriff is a damned simpleton. Perfect, nonetheless, for FL.

Let me ask you this, was it a gateway drug because you wanted something stronger or because the people you were buying weed from offered you something stronger.

Personally for me I realized I had been one hundred percent lied to about weed so I assumed everything I had been taught about drugs were a lie.

I therefore decided to look for harder things and I would not have had access if I was of already buying weed on the black market. Had it been legal I would never had known a coke /meth/acid/mushroom dealer to get those things.

ya known what...I honestly wish I could answer that one. But I can't. I have no idea why I moved on to the assorted 'goodies' I moved on to, except maybe that at the time, (early to mid-'80's) and under the circumstances (vocalist in a traveling rock band) there was an over-abundance of assorted 'goodies' to play with, and if I've ever been really good at anything...it's playing.
I say it was a gateway drug for me because...I had no fear of dope...so why should I have feared powdering my nose? I guess...

ya known what...I honestly wish I could answer that one. But I can't. I have no idea why I moved on to the assorted 'goodies' I moved on to, except maybe that at the time, (early to mid-'80's) and under the circumstances (vocalist in a traveling rock band) there was an over-abundance of assorted 'goodies' to play with, and if I've ever been really good at anything...it's playing.
I say it was a gateway drug for me because...I had no fear of dope...so why should I have feared powdering my nose? I guess...

Yeah I understand, I have always suspected that "gateway" and "availability" are nearly one a d the same.

Hell I'd quit drinking beer if I had a good opium connection. I never figured out why people insist on ****ing up a perfectly good drug by turning into heroin and such...

Hell I'd still smoke opium just for the flavor, I miss that...

Last edited:
Looking back on my life, and the assorted 'adventures' I've undertaken, I feel it safe to say I could be considered somewhat of an expert on the topic. And I'm quite sure many of you can easily make the same claim. However, my professional career has progressed to the point where I find I must now pass a urine test for THC.And this is in Canuckland. :shock: So I'm in the middle of a 28 day cleansing, in order to pass this annoying little test. Now, my job comes with quite significant stress, which I've always been in the habit of relieving with a big fat "J" after knocking off for the day. I can tell you all, beyond any doubt, that there most definitely is a psychological dependence that develops.
Is it a "gate-way" drug? In many cases I believe it is. It certainly was for me as a young man.
Should it be packaged as gummies and other such things? Meh...part of me says no...part of me says why not.
Should it be illegal? No. Prohibition of Pot serves no good purpose at all, unless you own a jail.

Psychological dependence is by definition not in the substance in question. The same thing can result with sex, chocolate, even video games. It's about the person.

LOL! "Gateway drug"? Marijuana 'fatal'?

That sheriff is a damned simpleton. Perfect, nonetheless, for FL.

Yeah...seriously...

An "overdose" of weed results in feeling uncomfortable. In the worst cases, they just give the afflicted some sedatives and they sleep it off.

If you're going to overdose on anything, make it weed. Just about anything else can actually kill you...

Are you sure? Directly or indirectly, what does an abundance of ingested MJ do to a child? What if the child isn't found in time? What if the child is wandering the streets in a daze?
Let me also bring up my other point. I am for the legalization of pot, not just medical, as long as it is regulated like, i.e. alcohol. That alone would stipulate that we keep it out of the reach of children. Having read the article, that is what the sheriff seemed to emphasize, not that pot is randomly killing people as the op suggests.
So yes, again, lets legalize it AND keep it out of children's reach. That's all.

Don't try the "indirectly" angle. Overdose --> death means something extremely specific.

If you get drunk and accidentally fall off a bridge, you did not die from an overdose of alcohol.

(And of course, the very worst that happens with weed is anxiety and the like. They just sedate you and let you sleep it off. And every case I've looked into alleged to be a "marijuana-related" death has involved poly-drug abusers with other stuff in their system.

Might a child somehow eat all the candy then fall off a bridge? Maybe...maybe...but it sure as hell isn't dying from an overdose of marijuana, and it sure as hell IS on the parents just as much as if the child guzzled turpentine and died from that).

So yes, I'm sure. Absolutely sure. Do not feed the fear-mongering, especially not in regard to marijuana. Out of all the things, including cleaning solutions, it is the least likely to cause some kind of accidental death.

And of course, the other thing the sheriff is fear-mongering about is the "gateway drug" lie.

Last edited:
Fox and fools is propaganda for the intellectually numb.

More Fake News from the Trump Administration Network Television. Fox & Friends (with friends like these ...) for reasons I cannot fathom decided to roll out Reefer Madness hysteria. Slow news day? Slow thinking viewers? Maybe Fox was given directions from the White House Press Office to do something do anything to take the heat off of Donald Trump as he returns from Argentina with his ass in his hands. Whatever the reason, it is Trump TV and bull**** Fake News and it is wrong.

[FONT="]

For people who are not discerning, for people who depend on television "news" for good and true information, for people who don't have critical thinking skills this kind of programming is nothing more than propaganda. It is bull****.

Fox is promoting the same unfounded Reefer Madness idiocy that fueled the huge failure of the federal War on Drugs. Fox's ridiculous attempt at social engineering is disgusting.

[URL="https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/fox-friends-claims-marijuana-gummies-killing-people-theres-price-pay-pot/"]Source[/URL][/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]

Slow news day for you? Why can't Mueller come through for you? Maybe he needs to read "The Art Of The Deal" to learn how to close a deal.

That is 100% false. It is actually impossible to die from too much marijuana given that it is impossible to inhale enough without first dying of oxygen deprivation or eating enough without first dying from an exploded stomach.

There have been several who ate "chocolates" and immediately followed with behavior that got them killed.

More Fake News from the Trump Administration Network Television. Fox & Friends (with friends like these ...) for reasons I cannot fathom decided to roll out Reefer Madness hysteria. Slow news day? Slow thinking viewers? Maybe Fox was given directions from the White House Press Office to do something do anything to take the heat off of Donald Trump as he returns from Argentina with his ass in his hands. Whatever the reason, it is Trump TV and bull**** Fake News and it is wrong.

[FONT="]

For people who are not discerning, for people who depend on television "news" for good and true information, for people who don't have critical thinking skills this kind of programming is nothing more than propaganda. It is bull****.

Fox is promoting the same unfounded Reefer Madness idiocy that fueled the huge failure of the federal War on Drugs. Fox's ridiculous attempt at social engineering is disgusting.

[URL="https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/fox-friends-claims-marijuana-gummies-killing-people-theres-price-pay-pot/"]Source[/URL][/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]

I'll help you quit. Gimme your stash. BTW, I'm partial to Blue Dream and 9lb Hammer.:lamo

There have been several who ate "chocolates" and immediately followed with behavior that got them killed.

Link?

You can OD on edibles, but you'll just be pretty miserable, not dead. Now if you tried to drive in that state... Thing is, you'd be on the floor wondering which way was up.

Link?

You can OD on edibles, but you'll just be pretty miserable, not dead. Now if you tried to drive in that state... Thing is, you'd be on the floor wondering which way was up.

And you'd be in a much better state than if you'd OD'd on anything else, including caffeine or aspirin or water....

Weed is my drug of choice. I don’t get baked too often because my job requires me to be on call most of the time.
That’s ok.
Personally, I cannot believe the propaganda and ignorance around this plant. Just before it became legal here a story was circulating about someone dying from smoking ‘mouldy’ bud - the mould causing an allergic reaction or something.
I don’t smoke weed I take oil or bake with it so I’m safe for now lol.
I’m sure smoking mould isn’t good but.....
Anyone heard about this in your neck of the woods?

[FONT="]

[FONT="][/FONT]

Marijuana addiction is a very real affliction.

https://www.northpointwashington.com/blog/reefer-madness-marijuana-addiction-not-myth/

Yeah I understand, I have always suspected that "gateway" and "availability" are nearly one a d the same.

Hell I'd quit drinking beer if I had a good opium connection. I never figured out why people insist on ****ing up a perfectly good drug by turning into heroin and such...

Hell I'd still smoke opium just for the flavor, I miss that...

Tried it once. Don't remember much.
But your statement about quitting beer...oh lord that idea sends shivers down my spine.
I don't drink like I used to anymore but...beer is a necessity...isn't it?

Psychological dependence is by definition not in the substance in question. The same thing can result with sex, chocolate, even video games. It's about the person.

True...and?

Don't try the "indirectly" angle. Overdose --> death means something extremely specific.

If you get drunk and accidentally fall off a bridge, you did not die from an overdose of alcohol.

(And of course, the very worst that happens with weed is anxiety and the like. They just sedate you and let you sleep it off. And every case I've looked into alleged to be a "marijuana-related" death has involved poly-drug abusers with other stuff in their system.

Might a child somehow eat all the candy then fall off a bridge? Maybe...maybe...but it sure as hell isn't dying from an overdose of marijuana, and it sure as hell IS on the parents just as much as if the child guzzled turpentine and died from that).

So yes, I'm sure. Absolutely sure. Do not feed the fear-mongering, especially not in regard to marijuana. Out of all the things, including cleaning solutions, it is the least likely to cause some kind of accidental death.

And of course, the other thing the sheriff is fear-mongering about is the "gateway drug" lie.

So we agree, keep kids away from the stuff.

It can be claimed pot can kill people in the following ways

1. Driving under the influence
2. Making stupid dangerous decisions
3. Altering blood pressure and pulse rate
4. If smoking it, any smoke inhalation is technically harmful.

In addition, this is generally discussed in terms of smoking pot, which is the weakness form of usage. Some of the "wax" is so potent that even the most pro-pot folks tend to warn first time users to exercise great caution. That doesn't mean killing a person by toxicity, but by having such a messed up head they hurt themselves.

The body does adjust to marijuana, meaning the more a person uses it the less it affects functions of the body such as heart rate and blood pressure, plus the person become more familiar with the effects mentally/emotionally so more have that under control. I suspect that over time it takes more for the same sensation.

[FONT="]

[FONT="][/FONT]

They were apparently discussing an issue where a 12 year old handed out Marijuana laced gummy bears to his classmates. Are you saying that's a good thing?

Boys and girls - pay very close attention to this video. It will prepare you for the dangers and evils of smoking weed if you should decide to partake. I love Bree Essrig :)

“America needs dishwashers, too!”

Too many high school kids are getting stoned and are underacheiving as a result. But who cares?

It can be claimed <snip>

That's not an argument. It's even less of an argument than "people tell me" or "people are saying."

I
In addition, this is generally discussed in terms of smoking pot, which is the weakness form of usage. Some of the "wax" is so potent that even the most pro-pot folks tend to warn first time users to exercise great caution. That doesn't mean killing a person by toxicity, but by having such a messed up head they hurt themselves.

Freedoms come with responsibilities. Morons, not weed, is at fault when things go wrong. (Ditto alcohol or anything else) .

At any rate, not even the worst nightmare scenario that could be dreamed up in this thread justifies the OP's target.

They were apparently discussing an issue where a 12 year old handed out Marijuana laced gummy bears to his classmates. Are you saying that's a good thing?

No. Did you read where I said it was a good thing? No, you didn't.

Back away from the bud, DC. It's making you see things that aren't there.

Back
Top Bottom