• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Fox & Friends' accidentally implies RBG is dead, Twitter goes up in arms: 'You're disgusting'

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Popular morning show [/FONT]Fox & Friends [FONT=&quot]issue an apology Monday after mistakenly posting a graphic which seemed to imply that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had passed away.[/FONT]

ca9adae3973eda6713766215151b7f85

Wow, what an error. It, of course, is what is known as an advanced obituary, which they have prepared ahead of time, expecting that RBG could go any second.

1) How bad is this mistake.

AND

2) Since this exists, how is RGB's health? Anything we don't know about that we should?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fox...ter-goes-arms-youre-disgusting-174407763.html

NOTE: I would call this an honest mistake, but damn, this is a doozy (Rhymes with Ducey - LOL).

Re: 'Fox & Friends' accidentally implies RBG is dead, Twitter goes up in arms: 'You're disgusting'

Wow, what an error. It, of course, is what is known as an advanced obituary, which they have prepared ahead of time, expecting that RBG could go any second.

In my experience it's pretty common. You often see stuff like this before elections.

AND

2) Since this exists, how is RGB's health? Anything we don't know about that we should?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fox...ter-goes-arms-youre-disgusting-174407763.html

NOTE: I would call this an honest mistake, but damn, this is a doozy (Rhymes with Ducey - LOL).

Not good.

Re: 'Fox & Friends' accidentally implies RBG is dead, Twitter goes up in arms: 'You're disgusting'

Premature ejaculation.

Premature ejaculation.

Ding ding. We have a winner. LOL.

To be fair all the other networks probably had the same graphic prepared when she was sick. They all want to be the first to break a story.

But in Fox's case I suspect a hint of glee, and am willing to entertain the possibility they're testing the waters ahead of some sort of media campaign to depose her on the grounds she's 'nearly dead anyway'. Releasing a 'what if' poster also has the effect of implanting the idea in people's minds, making them more receptive to the idea: "Oh I thought she was dead already anyway, so..."

To be fair all the other networks probably had the same graphic prepared when she was sick. They all want to be the first to break a story.

But in Fox's case I suspect a hint of glee, and am willing to entertain the possibility they're testing the waters ahead of some sort of media campaign to depose her on the grounds she's 'nearly dead anyway'. Releasing a 'what if' poster also has the effect of implanting the idea in people's minds, making them more receptive to the idea: "Oh I thought she was dead already anyway, so..."

Nah, theyve got a RBG tribute in the can ready to go. They have one for everyone on deaths door like GHWB to Mccain.

AND

I'm sure Fox News haters will make a big deal about this.

But then again...there's this: https://www.smobserved.com/story/20...he-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

Maybe Fox just jumped the gun slightly.

Nah, theyve got a RBG tribute in the can ready to go. They have one for everyone on deaths door like GHWB to Mccain.

That remains the most obvious reason.

AND

To be fair, I agree, a major mistake

Now just think on this, if WashPo, NYT or CNN did this, the crap would hit the fan

I agree the graphic was probably an honest mistake.

Still, I have to admit the fact that so many people are drooling over the idea of RBG retiring or dying is sickening to me. Like really disgusting. This just exacerbates the problem.

This woman has made her life's work service to her country and what she believes to be right. I honestly disagree with her a lot, but I can't imagine anyone thinking the world would be better off without her in it. Right wingers should even agree with me. She represents the type of person we want serving, whether or not we agree with her political lean.

Ding ding. We have a winner. LOL.

Did you know that 3 out of 10 men have a problem with premature ejaculation?

The rest of us just don't think it's a problem.

So Buzzfeed has Trump suborning perjury, and Fox has RGB deceased.

But yeah, there's no bias in the media! :mrgreen:

Oh for crying out loud. How long does it take someone to put a picture of a well known personality and type in the years they were born and died?

That is just a weak argument.

For a news dept that deals with hour by hour breaking news you would think they wouldn't fall to pieces if someone died and they had to type up a screen.

old-man-laptop-1024x641[1].jpg

I was watching Fox and Friends when this happened. Steve, Ainsley and Brian gave a heartfelt apology and angst toward those in charge of such things. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's job right now is on the chopping block. I frequently watch the show and throughout Justice RGB's recent health issues, they have sent out well wishes to her.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that the assholes on Twitter over reacted. Just look what those assholes on Twitter did to the high school kids from a Catholic school over 60 seconds of video that sure as hell did not tell the story and since has a lot in media deleting their quotes and apologizing!

I was watching Fox and Friends when this happened. Steve, Ainsley and Brian gave a heartfelt apology and angst toward those in charge of such things. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's job right now is on the chopping block. I frequently watch the show and throughout Justice RGB's recent health issues, they have sent out well wishes to her.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that the assholes on Twitter over reacted. Just look what those assholes on Twitter did to the high school kids from a Catholic school over 60 seconds of video that sure as hell did not tell the story and since has a lot in media deleting their quotes and apologizing!

^
"[THIS NEEDS TO BE ABOUT LIBERALS! MAKE IT ABOUT LIBERALS!]"

:roll:

AND

If it were an error. CNN would of have been all over this story, showing how fake is Fox news.

Back
Top Bottom