• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shutdown

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I wonder how many people get their "news" from Fox & Friends.

Fox & Friends Saturday criticized President Obama for offering to personally pay for a "museum of Muslim culture" during the government shutdown, a claim that originated from a satire website.

On October 5, the co-hosts of Fox & Friends Saturday discussed the closure of the World War II Memorial, which resulted from the Republican-led shutdown. During the discussion, co-host Anna Kooiman claimed that while the memorial is closed, "President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for the museum of Muslim culture."

Unfortunately for Kooiman, the claim that Obama offered to pay out of pocket for a "museum of Muslim culture" originated from the satirical website the National Report. As the fact-checking site Snopes.com points out, a now-removed disclaimer on the National Report noted: "National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news."

Fox has a history of passing off satirical stories as actual news.​

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

fox is no better or worst then the rest of the MSM.....they all pitch their propaganda

Re: Fox Falls For Fake Story About Obama Personally Funding Muslim Museum During Shut

Fox & Friends Saturday criticized President Obama for offering to personally pay for a "museum of Muslim culture" during the government shutdown, a claim that originated from a satire website.

On October 5, the co-hosts of Fox & Friends Saturday discussed the closure of the World War II Memorial, which resulted from the Republican-led shutdown. During the discussion, co-host Anna Kooiman claimed that while the memorial is closed, "President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for the museum of Muslim culture."

Unfortunately for Kooiman, the claim that Obama offered to pay out of pocket for a "museum of Muslim culture" originated from the satirical website the National Report. As the fact-checking site Snopes.com points out, a now-removed disclaimer on the National Report noted: "National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news."

'Fox and Friends't takes partisan hackery and outright stupidity to new, and heretofore unimagined, levels.​

Fox and Friends is not part of Fox News Channel news programing, it's an entertainment program not a news program.

Why are liberals so gullible to believe what they hear on entertainment programing ? These were the same people who watched "Saturday Night Live" and believed that Tina Fay was really Sarah Palin and that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house."

Well that's how Obama got elected.

Well it's good to see the OP is watching the 'real' news channel. :)

They're shutting down parts of the ocean so, I wouldn't doubt what else they might close.

Fox and Friends is not part of Fox News Channel news programing, it's an entertainment program not a news program.

Why are liberals so gullible to believe what they hear on entertainment programing ? These were the same people who watched "Saturday Night Live" and believed that Tina Fay was really Sarah Palin and that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house."

All of Fox's popular shows are "entertainment programming". Except that they look and act like news shows. On a channel called "Fox News". It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but it's an "entertainment show" to excuse the fact that it doesn't live up to standards of an actual news show. That's Fox's game. It's intentional deception.

fox is no better or worst then the rest of the MSM.....they all pitch their propaganda

No, faux has taken great effort to be the trashiest garbage. MSNBC is really trying to catch them, but faux is a skilled competitor who will let no one else take home the title of most batcrap crazy news channel out there. I recognize their excellence and applaud their efforts to stupify their viewers.

Granted, it's not part of their news programming, but shouldn't it be at least honest with all their programming? Obama was elected both times because he was the better candidate, not because of Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin. She made Sarah Palin look good.

In that case I actually think there was a movement to replace sarah with tina. Unfortunately tina did not want the stink of old white guy juice on her so she stayed where she was.

She made Sarah Palin look good.

It seems so, I've noticed that some progressives have adopted Sarah Palin's moose to hide behind.

Well it's good to see the OP is watching the 'real' news channel. :)

They're shutting down parts of the ocean so, I wouldn't doubt what else they might close.

If you are referring to Fox News, that big eye in your avatar isn't helping you. I don't watch Fox News if I can help it.

did a search no where other then snopes says they are a satirical news site. now you can question their creditability but labeling them as a satirical news site is false

and by the way snopes has very little creditability so your using a non creditable site to try to discredit another site​

All of Fox's popular shows are "entertainment programming". Except that they look and act like news shows. On a channel called "Fox News". It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but it's an "entertainment show" to excuse the fact that it doesn't live up to standards of an actual news show. That's Fox's game. It's intentional deception.

That's funny it doesn't seem like deception to me. I think most who watch the fox news channel can tell the difference between their hard news vs opinion and entertainment segments. The informed can handle the format, the ignorant cannot.

No, faux has taken great effort to be the trashiest garbage. MSNBC is really trying to catch them, but faux is a skilled competitor who will let no one else take home the title of most batcrap crazy news channel out there. I recognize their excellence and applaud their efforts to stupify their viewers.

still you laid more at fox's door, and called their viewers stupid, but made no comments of other viewers of other networks.

This never happens at other networks. I mean what craziness is next? Falling for a story about a Presidents service record?

The bubble headed bleached blond isn't on there to inform, she is there to arouse.

It doest really matter what she said, so long as she still gives good head.

:lamo

which resulted from the Republican-led shutdown.
:naughty
I would suggest you research that further, as you are wrong.

did a search no where other then snopes says they are a satirical news site. now you can question their creditability but labeling them as a satirical news site is false

and by the way snopes has very little creditability so your using a non creditable site to try to discredit another site
You should have read the OP more closely, it included the following link: Disclaimer - National Report | National Report

I would suggest you research that further, as you are wrong.
Suggest all you want, but I am not wrong, The shutdown is because the Republicans don't want Obamacare. :naughty

You should have read the OP more closely, it included the following link: Disclaimer - National Report | National Report
You should pay attention.
That was then...

This is now...

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

Suggest all you want, but I am not wrong, The shutdown is because the Republicans don't want Obamacare.
One. The shut down is because Dems will not negotiate.
Two. And more importantly. There was no reason to shut down an open air Memorial.

One. The shut down is because Dems will not negotiate.
Two. And more importantly. There was no reason to shut down an open air Memorial.
Negotiate what?

and by the way snopes has very little creditability so your using a non creditable site to try to discredit another site

‘Obama Declares November National Muslim Appreciation Month,’ bloggers claim

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

You should pay attention.
That was then...

This is now...

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

Ummm THEN was August 7th less than two month ago.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/nationalreport.net/disclaimer/

Back
Top Bottom