• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox’s Peter Doocy Battles Jen Psaki in Tense Confrontation on Crime in America: Does Biden Know That ‘People Do Not Feel Safe?’

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans

You're a tough dude.

Thanks for sharing this.

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans
Is the "exploitation of workers" linked to your take on any increase in crime?

Do you think Republicans are also responsible for the "defunding police" meme? I've seen a few goofballs try to make that argument, but hadn't seen it here yet.

I live in what was once considered a bad area, then gentrified, then considered a destination/life style, and now ground zero in the backlash against solutions for the homeless.

I don’t feel unsafe, but I worry about the reactionary and authoritarian vitriol spewed across Next Door against homeless persons, development of affordable housing, and the vilification of anyone who doesn’t condemn the policies of liberals and progressives while the critics themselves are promoting fear and paranoia in daily living.

Years ago, when our neighborhood was still considered bad, a friend commented that some people just shouldn’t live in Venice if they were so fearful. The fear and complaints continue despite obvious gentrification, and large swathes of the neighborhood being unaffordable to the middle class.

Very straightforward reporting of today's argument HERE.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.

Doocy doesn't investigate and report. Doocy plays gotcha. Doocy is a child.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.

The question is so vague as to be meaningless.

I love it when woke white liberals living in safe white suburbs call concealed carriers cowards.

They know every single thing about the streets...........................just ask em. :ROFLMAO:

Dems tend to look at the long term solutions (correct ones) when dealing with crimes
I find it laughable how Republicans whip out the same tired garbage about them being tough on crime, democrats being weak. On top of the points that I made regarding dems plans to address the root cause of crime, republicans go with the same moronic failed shit. More police, more prison sentences, more locking people in jail in definitely withotu trial because they can't afford bail, and yet, crime rate doesn't go anywhere.

Also, the same people extending the pandemic, which is making people even more poor and desperate, also whine about payments to those out of work, etc. So its as typical with them, they do nothing but whine and finger point while the moronic policies they support fail.

But it does one thing they love, it locks away disproportionately people of color and poor people. But of course, as soon as they go to jail like the insurrectionists, they start whining about how tough prison is

I love it when woke white liberals living in safe white suburbs call concealed carriers cowards.

They know every single thing about the streets...........................just ask em. :ROFLMAO:
It is you gun nuts who constantly talk about how scared you are to defend your obsession with gun. So laugh away, if you don't want to be called coward scared of everything stop using "self defense" and the lies that people are living in fear. Otherwise own it. But typical republicans, hypocrites that speak out of both side of their ass because they don't have any facts or arguments.

I don't need a gun to feel safe, because I'm not a ***** like most right winger claim there reason for needing so many guns

You're a tough dude.

Thanks for sharing this.

And you have no argument. Thanks for showing everybody what most already know of pretty much all right wingers, can't back up a single thing they say with facts, logic and reasoning

Deflect away. And I'm not tough guy, I'm just not an idiot and realize I'm far more likely to die from any number of daily events, than be a victim of a crime. Also, stats show just owning a gun puts you at greater risk of being shot

We are very lucky to have FOX. Thank you, Mr. D.

Otherwise, most Americans would be blissfully unaware of the orgy of violence currently engulfing all our cities.

Hopefully, Americans will send a clear message of disgust this November.
Here in Los Angeles, the local news can't ignore it. Pressure on the progressive policies is growing.

The same people that tell us "they don't want to live in fear" [of the virus] are all of a sudden whining about crime.

Color me shocked. Guarantee you that criminals have killed less unvaxxed Americans than covid has within the same time span.

Maybe people don't feel safe because there are so many people running around with guns. I think Doocy opened the door on that one.
So people would feel safer if only criminals had guns?

The DAs in major cities that are coddling criminals are GOPers?

No. EVERY SINGLE D.A. in the USA is a Librull.:rolleyes:

A point to consider: in a society when wealth disparity and poverty becomes too great......crime always shoots up!

How is the crime rate in a city/state a federal issue?

What would Doocy have the federal government do to address crime?

Seems to be nothing more than posturing unless you believe there is something the federal government is supposed to be doing to address non-federal crimes.

Propose a solution. Something more than acting tough on crime.

I remember visiting Inglewood way back in the day. I admit it, I was a little nervous since it was talked about like this even back then. I quickly realized it's just like anywhere else and felt just fine and took a walk.

Would you consider our schools warzones? There have been more targets shooting at schools than in Inglewood.
If guns was the problem we'd have had just as many school shootings in the fifties and sixties. Obviously it's a societal problem not a gun problem.

It is you gun nuts who constantly talk about how scared you are to defend your obsession with gun. So laugh away, if you don't want to be called coward scared of everything stop using "self defense" and the lies that people are living in fear. Otherwise own it. But typical republicans, hypocrites that speak out of both side of their ass because they don't have any facts or arguments.

I don't need a gun to feel safe, because I'm not a ***** like most right winger claim there reason for needing so many guns

It is posters like yourself who make this forum so funny to keep up with.

It's even more funny when the research actually shows that more and more democrats are buying guns?

But please........ keep up with your right wing coward argument if it helps your self esteem in some funny and strange sort of way.

If we had millions less guns out there, criminals couldn't get them as easily. See Europe.
A million less guns by making guns illegal just means a million less guns in the hands of law abiding citizens while criminals are armed to the teeth. See Mexico.

A million less guns by making guns illegal just means a million less guns in the hands of law abiding citizens while criminals are armed to the teeth. See Mexico.
If they were removed with a will, no, that's not how it would be.

Jen is paid by the government to lie. She gets paid to spin and support the Biden misstep of the day.

How is the crime rate in a city/state a federal issue?

What would Doocy have the federal government do to address crime?

Seems to be nothing more than posturing unless you believe there is something the federal government is supposed to be doing to address non-federal crimes.

Propose a solution. Something more than acting tough on crime.
Trump had his 4 year shot at it. He didn't do shit except talk big and get told by American cities to mind his own beeswax.

Back
Top Bottom