• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox’s Peter Doocy Battles Jen Psaki in Tense Confrontation on Crime in America: Does Biden Know That ‘People Do Not Feel Safe?’

Ouroboros

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Very straightforward reporting of today's argument HERE.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.
Maybe people don't feel safe because there are so many people running around with guns. I think Doocy opened the door on that one.

I feel safe.

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans

The GOP creates conditiions through their policies and rhetoric that fosters crime

We are very lucky to have FOX. Thank you, Mr. D.

Otherwise, most Americans would be blissfully unaware of the orgy of violence currently engulfing all our cities.

Hopefully, Americans will send a clear message of disgust this November.

Maybe people don't feel safe because there are so many people running around with guns. I think Doocy opened the door on that one.
And idiot DAs are letting violent people go so they can continue running around with guns.

I live downtown in a big city and I feel perfectly safe. I'll often take my dog on late-night walks down by the waterfront.

Who are these people who supposedly don't feel safe?

So do I.

But I do know a fair amount of parents who worry that they will send their kids to school only to have them come home in body bags, like the Sandy Hook first graders did.

I think anyone with a school age child must have that kind of fear - I know I do but personally for myself I feel perfectly safe and I live in what's considered a 'bad' part of town. The kind of hood these people who are that scared probably picture in their head.

As far as school shootings, my daughter had me watch a short film on Netflix: "If anything happens i love you" I cried and then got pretty upset that we can't even come together to at least have some ideas how to prevent school shootings. I never felt like that at school and it sucks our kids are scared but what they are expecting of Biden really has nothing to do with that kind of scared.

Otherwise, most Americans would be blissfully unaware of the orgy of violence currently engulfing all our cities.

Is this High End satire or for real? I can't tell.

I live downtown in a big city and I feel perfectly safe. I'll often take my dog on late-night walks down by the waterfront.

Who are these people who supposedly don't feel safe?

Those people are sitting probably in some comfortable rural area with pictures about how big city life we get car jacked at any opportunity and stabbed while walking late night. 😆

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans
Preach it Brother! Sounds good to me. :)

You probably don't live in a American warzone.

4 people celebrating a birthday in the LA area are dead from a targeted shooting.

Weird, I know a lot of people in L.A. and they don't tell me about the wars.

Are you afraid to go to L.A.? Does it scare you? Would a blankie help?

The DAs in major cities that are coddling criminals are GOPers?
THe same moronic shit over and over again. YOu people don't give a shit about crime. Highest rate of imprisonment in the world, crime doesn't change. Moron rigth winger "we need more prison sentences and more police"

Then they fight min wage increases, worship greedy corporations who pay their workers unlivable wages while they take home multi million salaries adn billions in profits. Their idea of dealing with drug addiction, stricter punishment, all does nothing to deter it or rehabilitate. Even prison is solely punishment, no rehabilitation.

They also fight against affordable healthcare, which includes mental health, another big contributor to crime.

So., as usual, the right projections. They are the ones weak on crime as they refuse to address the root problem. But that's not in right wing mentality, they ignore real problems and offer no solutions, just whine that their moronic policies and voting republicans has lead to the vast majority of problem in this country.

And the next response will be another moronic one liner void of any facts or intelligence

You probably don't live in a American warzone.

4 people celebrating a birthday in the LA area are dead from a targeted shooting.

I remember visiting Inglewood way back in the day. I admit it, I was a little nervous since it was talked about like this even back then. I quickly realized it's just like anywhere else and felt just fine and took a walk.

Would you consider our schools warzones? There have been more targets shooting at schools than in Inglewood.

Orgy of violence? :ROFLMAO: You wish!

Dems tend to look at the long term solutions (correct ones) when dealing with crimes

LOL! Democrats have been in control of Detroit, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for over 50 years.

Not only have they failed to get a handle on crime, but poverty, homelessness, and addiction have risen as well.

Notice how the left have amnesia about their history of governing large cities. In fact, they can't point to one single success story.

I don't remember him mentioning guns. I think Psaki was the first to mention gun violence.

Back
Top Bottom