• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fourteen Microagressions

Okay, NOW I understand why that waitress got mad when I screamed "nice tits" at her from across that Steakhouse. It was a microaggression.

:lamo

Good one.

And good 'one's'...apparently.

I know you were joking...but I wonder what her reaction would be if you got up and said to this theoretical, large breasted woman:

'Excuse me everyone! I would just like you all to put your hands together in appreciation of that waitresses beautiful and delightfully, substantial chest. It is magnificent, a wonderful creation by God and I think deserves a round of applause'.

Last edited:
Okay, NOW I understand why that waitress got mad when I screamed "nice tits" at her from across that Steakhouse. It was a microaggression.

Reminds me of when I and a couple friends learned that some women in France speak English...

You're a guy?

After 6 years of carefully constructed gender neutrality, you finally come out in a thread about microagressions?

Quotation marks tho~

I prefer REAL agression, like landing a hard straight right on the jaw of one of the little cupcakes who are always whining about some imagined slight that gave their inner child an owie.

I prefer REAL agression, like landing a hard straight right on the jaw of one of the little cupcakes who are always whining about some imagined slight that gave their inner child an owie.

Anti-conservative violence is not cool. They are already always the victim.

• Golf
  • Tennis
  • "Merry Christmas"
  • Compliments about personal characteristics, clothing, speaking ability, or anything else.
  • "husband and wife"
  • "male and female"
  • "boyfriend and girlfriend"
  • "Mr. and Mrs."
  • "Please stand and be recognized."
  • Assuming that a person of a given race would know anything about their heritage.
  • Using a foreign word in conversation.
  • Minimizing a person's racial/ethnic experiences.
  • Referring to a person's racial/ethnic experiences.
  • Acknowledging that men and women tend to dress differently.

Ugh.

Whenever I hear the term "microaggression" I feel a terrible urge to show the speaker a MACRO aggression!!

:lamo

Good one.

And good 'one's'...apparently.

I know you were joking...but I wonder what her reaction would be if you got up and said to this theoretical, large breasted woman:

'Excuse me everyone! I would just like you all to put your hands together in appreciation of that waitresses beautiful and delightfully, substantial chest. It is magnificent, a wonderful creation by God and I think deserves a round of applause'.

Thank you for the perfect way to embarrass anybody with me at a restaurant. I am sure their jaws will it the floor right before they scatter like roaches in the beam of a flashlight. :mrgreen:

Okaaaaaaaaaay.

:inandout:

Thank you for the perfect way to embarrass anybody with me at a restaurant. I am sure their jaws will it the floor right before they scatter like roaches in the beam of a flashlight. :mrgreen:

Yeah...right before they would haul me away to the PC 'adjustment ward'.

• Golf
  • Tennis
  • "Merry Christmas"
  • Compliments about personal characteristics, clothing, speaking ability, or anything else.
  • "husband and wife"
  • "male and female"
  • "boyfriend and girlfriend"
  • "Mr. and Mrs."
  • "Please stand and be recognized."
  • Assuming that a person of a given race would know anything about their heritage.
  • Using a foreign word in conversation.
  • Minimizing a person's racial/ethnic experiences.
  • Referring to a person's racial/ethnic experiences.
  • Acknowledging that men and women tend to dress differently.

When at a restaurant with another person or a group -
1. Picking up the check
2. Failing to pick up the check
3. Suggesting a split check
4. Ordering meat
5. Ordering anything with gluten
6. Not ordering meat
7. Ordering anything that might be construed as an ethnic food (cultural appropriation)
8. Failing to order an ethnocentric specialty (cultural avoidance)
9. Ordering alcohol
10. Failing to join others who have ordered alcohol
11. Failing to inquire as to the food allergies of other diners
12. Failing to inquire as to religious based dietary needs
13. Ordering dessert without inquiring whether anyone is on a diet
14. Failing to share your dessert with the dieter

This is so ludicrous it's laughable. Completely and totally laughable.

What's not laughable in the least is that some people and organizations take this drivel as serious. Then it only becomes sad. Very sad.

Ah, the ol' fat chicks and silicon ploy. :)

I can't resist following this sideline about boobs a little further off track. I once dated a woman who had for many years been painfully self-conscious about her breasts being fairly small. All along, she had felt less attractive because of it, despite being smart, pretty, sexy, and having a petite, beautifully proportioned body. I felt bad to see that after so long, this still bothered her quite a bit. She was pleasantly surprised to see that I thought her breasts were just great, and even more so when I was able to convince her that for me, at least, many other things play a far bigger role in making a woman physically attractive than the size of her boobs. Sometimes we get notions into our heads and over time convince ourselves they're true, and it may take someone whose opinion you value telling you that those notions are plain crazy to make you stop believing them. If I committed a micro-aggression against S. by telling her what I did, it sure didn't make her mad enough to stop kissing me.

Last edited:

No, there was nothing "micro" about that.

ITT: People complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Looking at the table in the first link posted by LowDown, some have obvious validity, and some do not. For example, if the first thing out of your mouth when talking to an African American college student is "Are you here on a basketball scholarship?" (absent some context which would otherwise lead one to believe that's the case) is a bit racist. On the other hand, there are definitely contexts in which saying "there is only the human race" is not merely not aggressive, it is correct.

Back
Top Bottom