• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four white women prove that white privilege does in fact exist

You don't get it. The mall had a rule about hoodies, they arrested the black guys, and only warned the white women who then proceeded to flaunt the rules after the warning. The rule is for all people in the mall, no matter what race or sex. And who got arrested?

No one was arrested. What we have here is some bad info floating about, with white liberals eagerly latching on because it appeals to their faulty mindset of relentless racism being the cause of black unrest.

"As for Saturday's incident, McKenzie was given a citation and banned from the mall. He was cited for trespassing. The young men were also told not to come back. The young man who was handcuffed was also given a citation."

Citations are not arrests.

The Wolfchase Galleria mall has been the site of plenty of black unrest. Consider these instances, and ask yourself why security might view a group of 20 year old black males differently than a group of 40 year old white females.

"Anterrio Chambers was sentenced to 31 years in prison on attempted murder charges for shooting at two men in the parking lot in 2015.

The following year, a 21-year-old was shot in the Wolfchase parking lot while the mall was packed with Black Friday shoppers.

And in December 2017, seven people were arrested in connection with a shooting outside Wolfchase Galleria. Police say the seven were involved in a fight in the food court area inside the mall. Five people were injured."

https://www.localmemphis.com/news/l...l-he-was-arrested-for-recording-it/1574726672

No one was arrested. What we have here is some bad info floating about, with white liberals eagerly latching on because it appeals to their faulty mindset of relentless racism being the cause of black unrest.

"As for Saturday's incident, McKenzie was given a citation and banned from the mall. He was cited for trespassing. The young men were also told not to come back. The young man who was handcuffed was also given a citation."

Citations are not arrests.

The Wolfchase Galleria mall has been the site of plenty of black unrest. Consider these instances, and ask yourself why security might view a group of 20 year old black males differently than a group of 40 year old white females.

"Anterrio Chambers was sentenced to 31 years in prison on attempted murder charges for shooting at two men in the parking lot in 2015.

The following year, a 21-year-old was shot in the Wolfchase parking lot while the mall was packed with Black Friday shoppers.

And in December 2017, seven people were arrested in connection with a shooting outside Wolfchase Galleria. Police say the seven were involved in a fight in the food court area inside the mall. Five people were injured."

https://www.localmemphis.com/news/l...l-he-was-arrested-for-recording-it/1574726672

How many white girls were cited and handcuffed?

The rules are for men and women and all races...

Poor young black males commit 50% of the violent crime and are 6% of the population.

Poor young white males commit 50% of the violent crime and are 6% of the population.

Why focus on black?

I suspect your numbers are off, do you have anything to back up your claim?

The entire black Male population is only around 6-7%, I doubt nearly all of them are young and poor.

I suspect your numbers are off, do you have anything to back up your claim?

The entire black Male population is only around 6-7%, I doubt nearly all of them are young and poor.

Read the thread.

How many white girls were cited and handcuffed?

The rules are for men and women and all races...

The OP said the white women claimed they wore their hoodies up 'sometimes' while in the mall- meaning they also wore their hoodies down sometimes. Maybe they weren't viewed by security while wearing their hoodies up. Given the fact that they didn't wear their hoods 100% of the time while in the mall, this appears to be a flimsy experiment with no validity.

Read the thread.

I guess it would have helped to have finished reading the thread before making a reply.

While I understand and mostly agree with the point you are making, I just don't think pulling out a fake statistic does you any good. Especially one that is obviously false. You correctly condemn racists for misrepresenting statistics in order to push their narrative, but then turn around put out BS numbers. Imagine some young impressionable Male was looking at a debate on this and the racists are misrepresenting actual statistics that can be looked up and verified and sees you arguing against him with your fake statistics, where do you think that young impressionable male will lean? This is the exact scenario that allegedly radicalized Dylan Roof.

I guess it would have helped to have finished reading the thread before making a reply.

While I understand and mostly agree with the point you are making, I just don't think pulling out a fake statistic does you any good. Especially one that is obviously false.

The statistic is real. You're either failing to set the poor bar low enough or you're not including young.

Poor white males are what percent? Then figure young. It's pretty much the same percentage of population as poor young black males, thanks to disproportionate economic representation.

Stats prove beyond any doubt. Violent crime is not a black thing; it's a poor young male thing.

Last edited:
The statistic is real. You're either failing to set the poor bar low enough or you're not including young.

Poor white males are what percent? Then figure young.

Yeah tell him Eco! Factz are Nazis!

Poor white males are what percent? Then figure young. It's pretty much the same percentage of population as poor young black males, thanks to disproportionate economic representation.

Stats prove beyond any doubt. Violent crime is not a black thing; it's a poor young male thing.

Black Males make up 6% of the population, for your statistic to be accurate that would mean nearly all black males in the US are young and poor, which is obviously false.

Black Males make up 6% of the population, for your statistic to be accurate that would mean nearly all black males in the US are young and poor, which is obviously false.

No, it just has to be most which it is.

If you wanna quibble over a couple percent, we can do the math. But what would be your point? If it's off by a couple percent, what does that prove?

Remember, we started at "50% of violent crime is black people" and now we're at "99% of violent crime is committed by young poor males". I think we're past the point of worrying about a couple percent. There's a larger point here, which I've won.

Last edited:

If you quibble over a couple percent, we can do the math. But what would be your point?

The point is your statistic doesn't stand to any level of scrutiny, there are likely more young poor white males than there are black males in total much less isolating young and poor from the group.

The point is your statistic doesn't stand to any level of scrutiny, there are likely more young poor white males than there are black males in total much less isolating young and poor from the group.

Please see my edit, above.

The primary factor is male. Then poor. Then young. Run the stats. Numbers don't lie.

The disproportionate representation of blacks in violent crime parallels disproportionate economic representation.

Please see my edit, above.

The primary factor is male. Then poor. Then young. Run the stats. Numbers don't lie.

The disproportionate representation of blacks in violent crime parallels disproportionate economic representation.

Could you provide some links to support the claim? As said on it's face the math simply doesn't add up. The entire black Male population is only 6%, white males make up 31% and the poverty rate is 9% vs 22%. For your statistic to be accurate nearly every black Male would need to be poor and young which simply doesn't make sense.

Could you provide some links to support the claim? As said on it's face the math simply doesn't add up. The entire black Male population is only 6%, white males make up 31% and the poverty rate is 9% vs 22%. For your statistic to be accurate nearly every black Male would need to be poor and young which simply doesn't make sense.

I've already explained that being off by a couple percent means nothing when we've moved from "violent crime is a black thing" to reality.

It's clear that violent crime is a male, poor, young thing. Therefore, any attempt to paint it as a black thing is racist.

If you wanna quibble over a couple percent, we can do the math. But what would be your point? If it's off by a couple percent, what does that prove?

Remember, we started at "50% of violent crime is black people" and now we're at "99% of violent crime is committed by young poor males". I think we're past the point of worrying about a couple percent. There's a larger point here, which I've won.

Again, I largely agree with your overall point. This isn't what I had an issue with.

I've already explained that being off by a couple percent means nothing when we've moved from "violent crime is a black thing" to reality.

It's clear that violent crime is a male, poor, young thing. Therefore, any attempt to paint it as a black thing is racist.

Your argument is a strawman as I am not attempting to paint it as a black thing and never have.

Again, I largely agree with your overall point. This isn't what I had an issue with.

If you wanna nail down the numbers, run them. It's pretty much the same percentage of population, white and black young poor males. Both are a tiny percent of the population and both commit 50%.

The "blacks commit 50% of the crime and are 6% of the population" is a racist misrepresentation of statistics and the drivers of violent crime. It's pushed by the people that are really to blame for violent crime because they can't face the facts, young poor males. No one wants to blame themselves, so it's "blacks".

Last edited:
Your argument is a strawman as I am not attempting to paint it as a black thing and never have.

I'm not saying you're doing that. I'm saying the people that misrepresent statistics, and the drivers of violent crime, by telling half the story are doing that.

They're representing violent crime, a young poor male thing, as a black thing.

I'm not saying you're doing that. I'm saying the people that misrepresent statistics, and the drivers of violent crime, by telling half the story are doing that.

I agree with you on that point, I thought you were implying I was doing that.

I agree with you on that point, I thought you were implying I was doing that.

I didn't mean to. I don't mind quibbling over the details, though I'd prefer you did the math.

But the details, a percent or three, aren't important. The important thing is to know the other half of the story so that we, as a society, can address the real drivers of violent crime.

I didn't mean to. I don't mind quibbling over the details, though I'd prefer you did the math.

But the details, a percent or three, aren't important. The important thing is to know the other half of the story so that we, as a society, can address the real drivers of violent crime.

My personal opinion is the first step end the prohibition of drugs as that is one of the main driving factors especially gang violence. Given that we have already went through this during alcohol, it is still bewildering to me that people believe prohibition is a good idea.

Edit: Also, should not the burden be on you to do the math as it was you who posted the seemingly dubious statistics.

My personal opinion is the first step end the prohibition of drugs as that is one of the main driving factors especially gang violence. Given that we have already went through this during alcohol, it is still bewildering to me that people believe prohibition is a good idea.

I agree. The great thing about coming to terms with the driving factors of violent crime is that we can address them. How could society address "black" as the driver of crime? It's a nightmare. Race war. God knows what. That's a fantasy no one should have to live in.

But we can affect male, poor and young.

Gender is a social construct. It can be modified. There's no intrinsic "male". Male is what society deems it to be.

Poor... well, we can only do so much to encourage people to get on their feet. I'm a fiscal conservative, so this avenue is meh to me.

Young... provide education and opportunity.

We can address overarching problems, like the drug war (and single parenthood), and we can address drivers.

Edit: Also, should not the burden be on you to do the math as it was you who posted the seemingly dubious statistics.

My point was far more grand that a couple percent. I present an epiphany of knowledge sweeping aside a racist sacred cow that we see here everyday, and you wanna quibble over a percent? No, give credit where do. My presentation is enlightening. I bring the light, someone else do the math.

Back
Top Bottom