• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four white women prove that white privilege does in fact exist

As a nonwhite man (not black either) I believe there is a misinterpretation of the data from this fabricated incident.

Were I wearing a Zoot suit during 1939, as I entered any store I'd be stared at and store security would be glad to remove me from the premises without reason, quick to be assumed guilty in any altercation by police, and the target of nasty comments about spics.

There is no question, wearing a hoodie has become a fashion statement in some black communities, and wearing one creates suspicion, dislike and targeting. Have 4 young black men walk down a busy street wearing bespoke suits and ties, carrying bibles in their arms, they will attract almost no attention. Have those same young men walking down the same street in hoodies with the hoods up, all eyes will be on them perceiving a threat. It is profiling based on a fashion statement, not skin color and we've seen it before.

I'm not claiming racial bigotry isn't built into our cultures, because it is. But so is fashion bigotry, until at least that fashion enters the mainstream. We could suggest that fashion is representative of racial bigotry, but I say, more likely cultural bigotry. Doesn't make it better or worse, it only serves us to better understand ourselves. This type of experiment in and of itself is a pandering form of bigotry. Live with that.

Have 4 young white men, in blue chinos and hoodies, hoods up, in that same mall will easily create a similar incident as black men wearing hoodies, hoods up. You already know why. My dad must have been a gangster, he wore his fedoras at an angle.

How many of recall when Rock and Roll was labeled "that black devil music." Dancing to that jungle music could only bring our children to a life imbued by sex, drugs and alcohol.

Let's Party

The non-stop Democratic Party's desperate search to scream "racism" is tiresome and absurd.

As a nonwhite man (not black either) I believe there is a misinterpretation of the data from this fabricated incident.

Were I wearing a Zoot suit during 1939, as I entered any store I'd be stared at and store security would be glad to remove me from the premises without reason, quick to be assumed guilty in any altercation by police, and the target of nasty comments about spics.

There is no question, wearing a hoodie has become a fashion statement in some black communities, and wearing one creates suspicion, dislike and targeting. Have 4 young black men walk down a busy street wearing bespoke suits and ties, carrying bibles in their arms, they will attract almost no attention. Have those same young men walking down the same street in hoodies with the hoods up, all eyes will be on them perceiving a threat. It is profiling based on a fashion statement, not skin color and we've seen it before.

I'm not claiming racial bigotry isn't built into our cultures, because it is. But so is fashion bigotry, until at least that fashion enters the mainstream. We could suggest that fashion is representative of racial bigotry, but I say, more likely cultural bigotry. Doesn't make it better or worse, it only serves us to better understand ourselves. This type of experiment in and of itself is a pandering form of bigotry. Live with that.

Have 4 young white men, in blue chinos and hoodies, hoods up, in that same mall will easily create a similar incident as black men wearing hoodies, hoods up. You already know why. My dad must have been a gangster, he wore his fedoras at an angle.

How many of recall when Rock and Roll was labeled "that black devil music." Dancing to that jungle music could only bring our children to a life imbued by sex, drugs and alcohol.

Let's Party

1939???

I didn't see the video of the other, However the outcomes here are completely different and do not prove the argument being asserted.

Women are usually treated less physical than men. To do this properly you would need 4 white guys wearing hoodies walking in the mall.
Next you would need them to argue with the mall guards about it to see if they get the same result.

the other is that these women were not argumentative like most teens are today. they complied with the instructions i would guess
multiple times.

Context is everything. He said "males thugs", not "black males thugs". It was a generalized sentence while the very next sentence was specific saying "these women".

Also, did you read post 20 and watch the videos? The mall cops were black. The OP doesn't prove jack diddly.

I guess black cops are now being racist again black people?
not sure that is a stretch of an argument for anyone to make.

The fact is people do not in general care about the rules of a place.
they think they can walk in anywhere and do what they want with 0 consequences.

Yes, a decade before I was born. Never reject the lessons from history.

In 1941, my future uncle, the day after Pearl Harbor, joined thousands of other young men attempting to enlist in the US Marine Corps which was taking almost every applicant. He was 17 and wore his best Zoot suit. The recruiting Sgt tossed him out on his rear end, physically. The next day he came back wearing borrowed mechanics overalls, and the same Sgt signed him up. He went on to earn a Bronze Star and Silver Star in the Pacific theater. Because he was Spanish American he was assigned to a cooking job and told not to steal too much by his first commanding officer after boot camp. The job didn't work out, and he was assigned a rifleman's job as "punishment." Go figure.

Seriously, you don't believe prejudices and bigotry are new on this planet?

Yes, a decade before I was born. Never reject the lessons from history.

In 1941, my future uncle, the day after Pearl Harbor, joined thousands of other young men attempting to enlist in the US Marine Corps which was taking almost every applicant. He was 17 and wore his best Zoot suit. The recruiting Sgt tossed him out on his rear end, physically. The next day he came back wearing borrowed mechanics overalls, and the same Sgt signed him up. He went on to earn a Bronze Star and Silver Star in the Pacific theater. Because he was Spanish American he was assigned to a cooking job and told not to steal too much by his first commanding officer after boot camp. The job didn't work out, and he was assigned a rifleman's job as "punishment." Go figure.

Seriously, you don't believe prejudices and bigotry are new on this planet?

My bad, I misunderstood your post and thought it was you wearing a zoot suit in 1939 not that it was a decade before you were born which makes more sense. Of course I know prejudices and bigotry are not new and young men in zoot suits would have been subject to it.

women do not suffer from toxic masculinity. I'm willing to wager if it were 4 black women they would not of been asked to leave either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

All four were older white women.

You have to take age into account as well.

So there is a hierarchy of suspect?

Maybe we should test black girls vs white dudes to see who would be next in the line of suspects.

Black males

then is it white males or black girls in second.

third place

then white girls.

Affluent looking older white women are not going to be thrown out of a mall for wearing a hoodie.

They were asked to lower the hood and they did.

The mall was made for women like them.

Good for the women! Though many will pretend otherwise, they made their point. In many instances, it is dangerous to do just about anything while black.

My bad, I misunderstood your post and thought it was you wearing a zoot suit in 1939 not that it was a decade before you were born which makes more sense. Of course I know prejudices and bigotry are not new and young men in zoot suits would have been subject to it.

I'm old and falling apart, but not that old.:) I suspected you did.

I actually own a zoot suit my first wife bought me to wear in dancing competition of South American dances at a local club. We didn't win, but we had great fun, and she looked gorgeous in costume. It still fits. We got an honorable mention for the Tango. So did all the other contestants.:)

Good for the women! Though many will pretend otherwise, they made their point. In many instances, it is dangerous to do just about anything while black.

You should read through the thread. They failed miserably.

Why not just admit the obvious? Black teens in hoodies are more threatening to some than a bunch of White women in hoodies.

There is a different standard for both race and gender.

I don’t see why you want to deny the obvious and sound ridiculous but feel free to continue. The OP made a valid point. Why can’t we all accept reality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they're Conservatives - reality distortion is their superpower.

What we do not know from your OP is how "the black guy" reacted to being informed of the hoodie restriction
What a load of irrelevant crap - these white women repeatedly violated the rules and weren't bothered a second time for it.

Note in this one we hear the arrest is because the individual refused to leave the mall as directed by mall security. This indicates the arrest was for trespassing and NOT for "wearing a hoody."
And the white women weren't asked to leave for wearing hoodies repeatedly after being asked not to.

How does this prove racism? The white women were asked to keep there hoodies down as per the rules. As far as hats goes, for one, it's easier to keep your hoodie down than it is to take off your hat and keep it in hand. for another, hoodies cover more of your face than hats.

How do you know the black people with hoodies didn't do what the mall cops asked them to? I am betting they were never asked in the first place and then beaten up just for being black. And yes baseball caps can cover a person's face just as much as a hoodie does.

Yep. They put their hoodies back on later and kept on going....to the emergency department after being brutally beaten.
By who? Some imaginary assailant, no doubt.

The non-stop Democratic Party's desperate search to scream "racism" is tiresome and absurd.

The non-stop republikkkans desperately claiming they aren't racist while waving confederate flags and giving nazi salutes is tiresome and absurd.

It's one thing to be ignorant and not understand what white privilege is. It's a deeper level of stupid to deny it.

They were stopped and asked to take their hoodies DOWN, TOO.

OOOPS.

You didn't read much of the story did you? They put them back up, and weren't stopped, or arrested.

You have been Grokked.

You didn't read much of the story did you? They put them back up, and weren't stopped, or arrested.

You have been Grokked.
He read the story. He's intentionally lying, as all Conservatives do.

Because they're Conservatives - reality distortion is their superpower.
It's no coincidence that the matrix chose the color red for the pill that shows you reality. Enjoy your blue slumber. It's no fun seeing the truth. Enjoy your playground. I envy your oblivious exestince.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom