• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four weeks in the national forest and nothing has changed.

bricklayer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just spent the last four weeks in the national forest. I didn't see another person for 26 days. As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing has changed during my time away. No one has changed their minds about anything except that they are more open minded when it comes to the way I live. For the first time in my life, people seem very interested in getting away from other people and the skills it takes to do that.

As my my ability to appreciate people, as individuals, has advanced over the years, my tolerance for the insanity inherent in groups of people has waned. Insanity is rare in individuals, but it is the norm in groups because all groups have multiple personalities. Those who think of people, first and foremost, as individuals rather than members of groups know intuitively that they must protect themselves from those who think of people, first and foremost, as members of groups rather than individuals.

I am very disappointed in the gullibility and/or acquiescence of people during this shutdown, but it was VERY nice having the national forest all to myself.

I just spent the last four weeks in the national forest. I didn't see another person for 26 days. As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing has changed during my time away.

That is no reason to be surprised. :)

I just spent the last four weeks in the national forest. I didn't see another person for 26 days. As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing has changed during my time away. No one has changed their minds about anything except that they are more open minded when it comes to the way I live. For the first time in my life, people seem very interested in getting away from other people and the skills it takes to do that.

As my my ability to appreciate people, as individuals, has advanced over the years, my tolerance for the insanity inherent in groups of people has waned. Insanity is rare in individuals, but it is the norm in groups because all groups have multiple personalities. Those who think of people, first and foremost, as individuals rather than members of groups know intuitively that they must protect themselves from those who think of people, first and foremost, as members of groups rather than individuals.

I am very disappointed in the gullibility and/or acquiescence of people during this shutdown, but it was VERY nice having the national forest all to myself.

First off, you said you visited "the national park", but there are lots of national parks. Which park did you visit, Shenandoah, Allegheny national forest, Olympic, Redwood forest, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Great Smoky Mountains, Acadia, Gates of the Arctic, Everglades, Crater Lake, Glacier, Great Dismal Swamp?

Secondly, I'd understand your surprise about a lack of societal change, if you'd been gone for several years. But less than a month, not so much.

Not national park but national forest. Quite a difference. Millions of acres. You certainly get away from the crowds. I love boondocks in the national forest. Sometimes you won't see another person for days.

Reality is in most national parks if you are willing to hike a little you can get away from the crowds. Most of the visitors never leave the road.

You might be on to something there. My husband has been on me for years to move out to a small town or to the country and I've always resisted but lately people and their drama are exhausting and I just want to get away from it all.

First off, you said you visited "the national park", but there are lots of national parks. Which park did you visit, Shenandoah, Allegheny national forest, Olympic, Redwood forest, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Great Smoky Mountains, Acadia, Gates of the Arctic, Everglades, Crater Lake, Glacier, Great Dismal Swamp?

Secondly, I'd understand your surprise about a lack of societal change, if you'd been gone for several years. But less than a month, not so much.
ANF. I tend to hand out in the ANF, but I just spent a week on Mt. Hood.

Back
Top Bottom