• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four percent.

The USA has four percent of earth's population and twenty percent of the earth's covid deaths.

This could only happen because of our great leadership. Thank you Mr. President.

Now excuse me while I go vomit.

What should he have done?

"I’ll be right eventually, it’s going to disappear."

Trump should have used the national emergencies act to develop a national policy on our response to the corona virus.

He punted the ball to the states.

He totally screwed up

The USA has four percent of earth's population and twenty percent of the earth's covid deaths.

This could only happen because of our great leadership. Thank you Mr. President.

... and NY has 5% of US population but 16% of US COVID deaths and 3% of global COVID deaths.
Thank you Fredo's brother's leadership?

Maybe some of the things other countries did? Trump could've done a lot by simply admitting covid was real and serious and not spending MONTHS telling people not to wear masks and threatening to withhold federal funding from states that had mask mandates.

That would've already done a lot and is well within the constitutional powers of the president.

... and NY has 5% of US population but 16% of US COVID deaths and 3% of global COVID deaths.

Of course! If you take away all of America's high population areas, we wouldn't have done nearly as bad in this pandemic! :roll:

Trump should have used the national emergencies act to develop a national policy on our response to the corona virus.

He totally screwed up

What should the response have been. Be specific.

How about take it seriously and not dismiss it?
How about being an advocate for science rather than peddling pseudo-science like his own theories of injecting cleaning materials?
How about advocating things that have worked around the world, like social distancing, lock-downs and masks, rather than continuing to hold indoor rallies without masks or social distancing?
How about not firing most of the pandemic staff?
How about telling the truth and being a leader rather than being a cheerleader?

First sign of bong overdose.

First dont down play the danger which he did over and over. Then create national standards for mask orders and business closures.

Be a leader
Take charge

Trump screwed the pooch

"I’ll be right eventually, it’s going to disappear."

No one else had the vision He did at the time. Only Trump can save us, next to Jesus Christ. Just like "The Art of the Deal" is second only to "The Bible" as the greatest book ever written, in Trump's own words.

No one else had the vision He did at the time. Only Trump can save us, next to Jesus Christ. Just like "The Art of the Deal" is second only to "The Bible" as the greatest book ever written, in Trump's own words.

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

So, you're saying NY has a lower % of US deaths than the US has of the world.

He totally screwed up

While the National Emergencies Act give the President many additional powers, it doesn't make him king.

He HAD to "punt the ball to the states".

Trump followed the law...and the governors screwed up.

While the National Emergencies Act give the President many additional powers, it doesn't make him king.

He HAD to "punt the ball to the states".

Trump followed the law...and the governors screwed up.

He had wide powers under the act. Europe did not rely on kings

Trump punted....he failed

Just an example, specifically, the DPA should have been used to make face masks, which are much more effective than most of what you see people using, and distribute throughout the US to everyone. Instead, Trump used the DPA to force meat plan workers back to where they were afraid to go due to so many getting COVID and dying. Because of that situation, those specific meat plants have been found in violation of those nasty regs Trump is doing his best/worst to get rid of and were fined the laughable max amt by law.

apdst asking for specifics he would never give. Ffffunny.

Typical left wing double standards.

LWER:"Trump's a dictator" "Trump's a fascist" " He 's a xenophope for shutting down travel for China"

Normal" :Ok what should Trump have done?"

LWER: " Trump should have acted like a xenophobic fascist dictator!!!"

Laffriot.

You know the old saying,
If it weren't for double standards, the let wouldn't have any standards at all.

:yt

He had wide powers under the act. Europe did not rely on kings

Trump punted....he failed

Show me the relevant change in the relevant law, under the Act, that would allow the President to force a particular course of action by the State Governors.

If you can't do that, then you are only blowing ignorant smoke up your own ass. (or letting someone else do it for you)

And trump knew how easily it spread and how much more deadly than the flu it is and said it's nothing we have it under control. NY found out otherwise and unlike trump cuomo tried to keep his citizens informed the best he could, on a daily basis, with the facts the best he knew them.

Ooh, let me think. Perhaps, like every other government in the world did, he could have emphasised the severity and potentially lethal nature of a deadly pandemic, instead of admittedly playing it down at every opportunity ('to avoid panic')? That would have been a good start. Then perhaps, instead of touting a remedy proven to be totally ineffective, he should have listened to what people who are experts in the field of epidemiology were advising? I know, radical suggestions, right?

Last edited:
So, you're saying NY has a lower % of US deaths than the US has of the world.

So you're saying NYS deaths aren't aren't outsized relative to the Country and globally?

Typical left wing double standards.

LWER:"Trump's a dictator" "Trump's a fascist" " He 's a xenophope for shutting down travel for China"

Normal" :Ok what should Trump have done?"

LWER: " Trump should have acted like a xenophobic fascist dictator!!!"

Laffriot.

You know the old saying,
If it weren't for double standards, the let wouldn't have any standards at all.

:yt

Expecting leadership from the "Head of State" is vastly different than acting like a fascist dictator.

Y'all just mad your guy failed miserably. And you still like him to play it down for you. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom