• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four percent.

9700 people died from covid-19.

I think you selectively listen to experts

That is a lie. A complete and utter lie. This link will quite clearly prove your inability to recall facts: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
This article also disproves what you have said: https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/

You can continue to live in this bubble downplaying the actual situation being faced, while rational Americans listen to medical experts and accept science, rather than some privileged white male who calls himself the President lying day in day out every time he opens his mouth.

That is a lie. A complete and utter lie. This link will quite clearly prove your inability to recall facts: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
This article also disproves what you have said: https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/

You can continue to live in this bubble downplaying the actual situation being faced, while rational Americans listen to medical experts and accept science, rather than some privileged white male who calls himself the President lying day in day out every time he opens his mouth.

It is useless. They are now so thoroughly deluded that they don't even know they are provably lying, and even when you offer proof of their lies they continue with it!

It is useless. They are now so thoroughly deluded that they don't even know they are provably lying, and even when you offer proof of their lies they continue with it!

You are right, absolutely right. I will continue to make my point though, facts never lie. Its just trying to convince them to move away from irrational and illogical thought that is the tricky thing. Usually, for most humans, facts are viewed and accepted but tragically since COVID has emerged more and more citizens have seemingly become 'medical/scientific expert'.

You are right, absolutely right. I will continue to make my point though, facts never lie. Its just trying to convince them to move away from irrational and illogical thought that is the tricky thing. Usually, for most humans, facts are viewed and accepted but tragically since COVID has emerged more and more citizens have seemingly become 'medical/scientific expert'.

I will also continue, but I often wonder how the once great United States has fallen so far into abject stupidity. It is truly the time of expertise being replaced with the ravings of a lunatic racist for an alarming number of U.S. citizens. I blame the rise of celebrity worship for this.

no they don't disprove anything I said they're talking about provisional death counts. I'm talking about actual deaths from covid-19.

Just because you say science doesn't mean you're talking about science.

What should he have done?

Is this question a joke?

Maybe the bitch could make masks and distancing important?
Maybe the bitch could have encouraged a reopening of the economy responsibly?
Maybe the bitch could have put his people before himself?
and maybe the bitch could have resigned so we could put someone competent in charge?

Is this question a joke?

and maybe the bitch could have resigned so we could put someone competent in charge?

IOW, you still can't tell us what should have been done. Got it!

Is this question a joke?

Are you talking about some governor of a state?

no they don't disprove anything I said they're talking about provisional death counts. I'm talking about actual deaths from covid-19.

Just because you say science doesn't mean you're talking about science.

You are attempting to manipulate statistics in order to promote your baseless views that are not medically endorsed or supported.

A couple of things from the report I attached that you didn't read:
1- The consensus from countless epidemiologists, including Justin Lesser is 'For almost everyone, I think we can be confident they would have lived longer without COVID-19.'
2- 'It's important to understand that some of the comorbidities listed are actually downstream effects of COVID-19—meaning they are symptoms'
3- 'We think of component causes. So, for example, you can die from drinking too much and heart failure, because drinking led to heart failure. So a table like this listing multiple component causes of death, without individual context, can be confusing.'

200,000 deaths in the US which COVID either caused or contributed to. The absence of the virus means that the majority of the 200,000 people would likely still be alive.

This is science-based, medically based and fact-based all endorsed by a whole host of doctors, epidemiologists and scientists from around the world. If you want to downplay the virus I would suggest you go and volunteer at a local COVID ward in a hospital and treat COVID patients without PPE.

The irony is palpable. People often accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of.

There is no irony present. Just facts, medically and scientifically endorsed views.

What proof, evidence or medical report do you have that disproves the views of Justin Lesser and countless other medical professionals?

Show me the relevant change in the relevant law, under the Act, that would allow the President to force a particular course of action by the State Governors.

If you can't do that, then you are only blowing ignorant smoke up your own ass. (or letting someone else do it for you)

They don't have anything and they never will.

If Trump took over control of the pandemic, the same idiots would be on here further proclaiming a dictatorship.

Freaking idiots.

Florida gets a lot of domestic travel and has a greater population than NYS yet they have a little over 1/3 the number of COVID deaths as NYS which leads the Nation by far.
No, something else happened that was unique to NYS.
Any idea what that was?

NYS now has some of the lowest per capita new cases and new deaths in the US and the world. FL some of the worst. What happened somewhat unique to NYS was the numerous flights in from Europe, specifically Italy, of people carrying the virus, and pop density. Same thing with NJ. At least NYS got their act together. As bad as FL is now, they’re actually reopening bars and restaurants. Go figure. DeSantis is nuts.

NYS now has some of the lowest per capita new cases and new deaths in the US and the world. FL some of the worst. What happened somewhat unique to NYS was the numerous flights in from Europe, specifically Italy, of people carrying the virus, and pop density. Same thing with NJ. At least NYS got their act together. As bad as FL is now, they’re actually reopening bars and restaurants. Go figure. DeSantis is nuts.
NYS had their death march period early. That's when they established their top tier death rate that lingers still.

Back
Top Bottom