• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Founding Fathers Quotes About Homosexual Sin

Actually, having unprotected anal sex does.

A clean, gay man in a monogamous, committed relationship with another clean, gay man really has no fear of contracting HIV no matter how much "acting" gay he does.

too bad so many of them are not clean or in committed relationships

Yeah...if only there was some sort of cultural institution which promoted two people forming a lifelong, committed relationship which we could utilize to incentize gay men to form lasting, committed relationships.

If you are not a citizen of Sodom than you have nothing to worry about. Being that the city was destroyed 4000 years ago I don't think anybody here is a "Sodom-ite." Why a man 239 years agowould have much of an opinion or address people from a town that was destroyed 4000 years ago I don't know but someone started a thread about it.

Don't be obtuse.

Another attempt to stir up sh*t by a known homophobe. This is getting boring.

duh, is it likely that anyone not sexually active will get AIDS or syphilis?

Well you suggested that being sexually attracted to men raises your likelihood, this is kind of strange. Its normally reckless behavior that puts you at risk not the gender of the person you are attracted to.

You made the statement that gay men are more likely to get these illnesses. You used no other way to indicate this so you said a gay man that is not sexually active is more likely to have AIDS. This is your silly comment and apparently you see how silly it is.

Don't be obtuse.

I'm not. Sodom was a city, "sodomite" is an inhabitant of the city of Sodom. I have never been to Sodom, I am a Houstonian i live in Houston. Don't be ridiculous if you want to talk about homosexuals don't reference the citizens of Sodom, as i can tell they are all dead.

I am not Roman, Greek, Indian, Italian, or a sodomite. Where is Sodom? How many people live there?

The OP was obtuse. As if I am from Sodom.

Yeah...if only there was some sort of cultural institution which promoted two people forming a lifelong, committed relationship which we could utilize to incentize gay men to form lasting, committed relationships.

If there was a such thing than we wouldn't be able to post statistics that don't take into account behavior (being reckless) but two incidental statistics and use that to condescend people that we find...icky.

I'm not. Sodom was a city, "sodomite" is an inhabitant of the city of Sodom. I have never been to Sodom, I am a Houstonian i live in Houston. Don't be ridiculous if you want to talk about homosexuals don't reference the citizens of Sodom, as i can tell they are all dead.

I am not Roman, Greek, Indian, Italian, or a sodomite. Where is Sodom? How many people live there?

If you don't like the term "sodomite" (and I don't blame you) that's one thing. Ignoring the history of the the term as a reference to homosexuals, however, is being obtuse.

1. Smaller population. Things get around quicker within a smaller group of people.
2. Anal sex. HIV is a blood borne pathogen and anal sex creates tears in the anal lining that leads to areas for infection.
3. Lack of societal incentives for lasting, monogamous relationships. Without marriage and the norms associated with it, gay men have no cultural incentive to overrule their natural impulses.
4. Lack of sexual education. Whereas most schools teach at least some heterosexual sex education, very few to none teach anything about homosexual sex or the risks from unprotected sex.
5. A lack of concern with pregnancy. Given that gay men are not concerned with impregnating their partner, they are less concerned with using protection like condoms.
6. Stigma. A lot of men who are not out due to fear of losing their family support, job, etc. engage in risky sexual behaviors and do not seek testing.
7. Stupidity. Some men simply choose to ignore the risks they pose to their own health and the health of others.

Or was that not a real question?

Some gay men are expressly promiscuous, this is reality, the lesson here, don't be reckless. Oscar pretends the lesson is don't be gay, but he admitted if you are not promiscuous your likely not going to be at high risk for AIDS or syphilis. So really it comes down to promiscuity. I am willing to bet that people no matter their orientation are far more likely to become infected based on the frequency in which they exchange sexual partners. Oh wait that was a fact that I learns in my forth grade health class.

I think if there was a little more sex ed geared to homosexuals these numbers would drop, but the second we mention that the screaming from the phobic people drowns out any sense that is made.

Its either extremely silly or extremely sinister. Either way we should just tune out the twits and do what is in the best interest of our populous.

If you don't like the term "sodomite" (and I don't blame you) that's one thing. Ignoring the history of the the term as a reference to homosexuals, however, is being obtuse.

Making it a reference to homosexuals is obtuse. It doesn't mean homosexual. In the obtuse perversion of the word that you insist I accept, it means someone who performs oral sex or anal sex on any other person and the person that it is performed on. So far this could mean any couple.

You should really crack a dictionary before you call me obtuse for correcting someone elses misinterpretation of a word.

sod·om·ite**

/ˈsädəˌmīt/Noun A person who engages in sodomy.

sod·om·y**

/ˈsädəmē/Noun Sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

Nothing in here references homosexuals.

So the OP needs to corrected for abusing English. Its not obtuse to correct improper diction especially something meant to be offensive.

As I've said 1000 times.

Founding Father Worshipping is very unhealthy.

Probably the same proportion of them that are straight and in a committed relationship. I find it funny how people say gay people are more promiscuous than straight people, since promiscuity has been encouraged and endorsed by straight men for ages. Hell, there is a whole self-help series of books teaching men how to be more efficient in finding as many sexual partners as possible.

I've reposted this before. Here is the actual translation/understanding of where the word "sodomy" came from:

Now, my discussion of Sodom and Gommorah:

So everyone knows, Sodom and Gommorah was not about homosexuality at all. It was hospitality and protection. God punished those two cities because they were inhospitable, including towards his two angels that he sent. The "sodomy" that he was referring was NOT homosexuality, but was RAPE. The homosexuality misinterpretation comes from the fact that the angry mob wanted to rape (male homosexuality) the angels that visited Lot. This was a very common method of humiliation that was used at the time, especially amongst Pagans towards their enemies. During this time period, we had a patriarchal society, so, with the men in charge, humiliating and intimidating them was more effective. God's warning is that sodomy... RAPE, especially homosexual RAPE, is sinful... hence his destruction of those two cities where that practice occurred. The story says nothing about consentual homosexual behavior.

sodomy is about homosexual rape used to intimidate. It's not about homosexual behavior. Dumb misnomer that has been presented for generations, causing the word to by used incorrectly.

As I've said 1000 times.

Founding Father Worshipping is very unhealthy.

I don't mind "founding fathers" worshipping. But their opinions on spirituality and what people should do are completely irrelevant. We vote the turds in to steal money from us and give it to their billionaire buddies, that is what they do. I will get my religious input from my community and my gathering.

I've reposted this before. Here is the actual translation/understanding of where the word "sodomy" came from:

sodomy is about homosexual rape used to intimidate. It's not about homosexual behavior. Dumb misnomer that has been presented for generations, causing the word to by used incorrectly.

It isn't really about homosexuality at all. Rape in general.

Ezekiel 16:49-50:Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Isaiah 1:9-10:Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah. Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.God does not want "things"

Isaiah 1:11:To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.God does not want you to bring special things to him...

I have plenty more.

I believe the Bible was altered, it isn't magical anybody can alter it. The concept of orientation didn't come into bring until around 150 years ago. With the rise of knowledge came the understanding that some people prefer one gender to the other. Thus upset many people I am sure, the same thing they say now..."its not natural, its not good. It is contagious" on and on. So in the ease one has in a position of authority in a church the just forced this false crap into the Bible, likely because the people doing so didn't like it. The Bible want written in modern English we have to rely on scholars to interpret it. Thus the word of God is manipulated by man. I am not naive enough to believe that through the years of the Bibles existence that man didn't dip their finger in the pie, play God just a little. Power corrupts, what better power to have than to edit the word?

I think if there was a little more sex ed geared to homosexuals these numbers would drop, but the second we mention that the screaming from the phobic people drowns out any sense that is made.

Yeah, all i remember is being made to watch one of those vids where doctors go into the schools and answer the kids' questions. One of them asked about something gay related and the video suddenly cut out, then resumed after that part was over. Yes, that was SO informative and helpful to the self esteem, and totally worked to keep the gay away.

Yeah, all i remember is being made to watch one of those vids where doctors go into the schools and answer the kids' questions. One of them asked about something gay related and the video suddenly cut out, then resumed after that part was over. Yes, that was SO informative and helpful to the self esteem, and totally worked to keep the gay away.

I had to learn on the fly. A few painful moments and a scare or two but i got the opportunity to be a teacher myself. That was fun.

true. "being gay" doesn't. "acting" gay does.

And yet HIV is almost unheard of among gay women. So I guess being male is what does it. Clearly we should all have operations and become female.

And, of course, the vast majority of instances of anal sex are within heterosexual couples. Facts, man. What a downer.

I think you just won.

I always wondered how anti gay crusaders somehow know that gay sex is what was so bad about Sodom. It doesn't really say. I would have imagined that their predilection towards rape is a much bigger problem. I mean, the main story of the area involves a mob showing up at Lot's door because some strangers had come town, and rape is apparently how the people of Sodom say hello. So they were also violating the rights of guests, which were a big deal in a lot of ancient cultures. They were also keen to rape Lot's daughters, who were unmarried and presumably quite young. And the ease with which he offered them up kind of suggests that they had done it before. So maybe they were raping kids, too. All of those sound like much more serious transgressions than consensual sex between adult men.

Some gay men are expressly promiscuous, this is reality, the lesson here, don't be reckless. Oscar pretends the lesson is don't be gay, but he admitted if you are not promiscuous your likely not going to be at high risk for AIDS or syphilis. So really it comes down to promiscuity. I am willing to bet that people no matter their orientation are far more likely to become infected based on the frequency in which they exchange sexual partners. Oh wait that was a fact that I learns in my forth grade health class.

Really, it's men that are more promiscuous. Men tend to have more sexual partners than women. It is, in fact, being male that makes one more likely to contract HIV, not being gay.

Take the time to read John Adams letters to his wife on the issue.

I think this position was advocated more by Abagail than it was by John.

Back
Top Bottom