• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Founding Father Warned about if the Bible was not Spread in the USA

Robodoon

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Daniel Webster
"If religious books are not widely circulated among the masses in this country, I do not know what is going to become of us as a nation. If truth be not diffused, error will be; If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy, If the evangelical volume does not reach every hamlet, the pages of a corrupt and licentious literature will; If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."

Noah Webster
"In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed....No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people."

Benjamin Rush
"By removing the Bible from schools we would be wasting so much time and money in punishing criminals and so little pains to prevent crime. Take the Bible out of our schools and there would be an explosion in crime."

William Penn
(Founder of Pennsylvania)

"If thou wouldst rule well, thou must rule for God, and to do that, thou must be ruled by him....Those who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."

George Washington
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."

Awaiting the "Rockefellians" Normal replies ;)

Robodoon said:
Daniel Webster

Noah Webster

Benjamin Rush

Awaiting the "Rockefellians" Normal replies ;)

i think america's done quite well over the last 100 years...and we definately haven't been circulating religious texts to the masses.

nkgupta80 said:
i think america's done quite well over the last 100 years...and we definately haven't been circulating religious texts to the masses.

Our Decline has come in the last hundred years...who's side are you on?

Is Time so amazing to you...does your life seem so long?

Soon, you and I will stand before Jesus Christ as all, some will be paid for and some will be not...for He is the Judge.

Allowing time to rule you so...how very sad for all of us.

Have you even thought out what you think you want? Whats the goal of this whole thing?

Where does it get you?...time isn't on our side. ;)

God is in Heaven!

nkgupta80 said:
Yes, we have had the privilege of many things this last 100 years, We have seen WWI WWII, working on WWIII, we have had the opportunity to see deceases such as aids, cancer rate has risen, more and more abortions of the innocents, evolution is now guiding our children in schools, homosexuality is now something people can be proud of, our language is being taken over as a second language, there is now a movement in this country to re-write history in many ways, Yes, we are doing quite well in this country in the past 100 years without the word of God.:roll:

News Flash--Without the Word of God our country will not last another 100 years.

Robodoon said:
Our Decline has come in the last hundred years...who's side are you on?

And just what decline would that be?
Do you think we were better off 100 years ago then today?
How and why?

Yes, we have had the privilege of many things this last 100 years, We have seen WWI WWII, working on WWIII, we have had the opportunity to see deceases such as aids, cancer rate has risen, more and more abortions of the innocents, evolution is now guiding our children in schools, homosexuality is now something people can be proud of, our language is being taken over as a second language, there is now a movement in this country to re-write history in many ways, Yes, we are doing quite well in this country in the past 100 years without the word of God.

so how was it any better before. WWI and WWII was the byproduct of european imperialism, certainly not something that the US had fueled. We did send in troops to help the allies. I would say that was powerful of us. Your disagreement with evolution is only religious, the same way people back in the 1200s fought against heliocentricity. Language being taken over by a second language is an exaggeration. (English in the last 100 years has become the dominant language in the world, the language of the true cosmopolitan). Cancer rate may have risen, but the overall death rate has been decimated.

Man, I'd say we're doin relatively great without this supposed word of God.

its funny how so many people who don't believe in your bible and christianity, still lead happy lives, while some devout christians end up leading a life of struggles.

Man... so much for the word of god.

nkgupta80 said:

Man, I'd say we're doin relatively great without this supposed word of God.
Keep telling yourself this, it will make you feel better about this life I`m sure.

nkgupta80 said:
its funny how so many people who don't believe in your bible and christianity, still lead happy lives, while some devout christians end up leading a life of struggles.
It is the struggles in life that makes one stronger. Without these struggles, you become weak and therefore, have no self satisfaction of overcomming them. You may be happy but you can`t find the joy without the struggle.

Last edited:
They were religious men. There is no real doubt of that. However, in spite of their firmly held beliefs, they set up a secular government. They realized how important it is to seperate religion from government. They considered it to be so important that they left out any meaningful mention of a god, and guaranteed the freedom of religion, which goes directly agianst the 1st Commandment.

MrFungus420 said:
They were religious men. There is no real doubt of that. However, in spite of their firmly held beliefs, they set up a secular government. They realized how important it is to seperate religion from government. They considered it to be so important that they left out any meaningful mention of a god, and guaranteed the freedom of religion, which goes directly agianst the 1st Commandment.
Actually, the Founding Fathers did separate Government out of Religion, but they did not separate Religion out of Government.

It is the struggles in life that makes one stronger. Without these struggles, you become weak and therefore, have no self satisfaction of overcomming them. You may be happy but you can`t find the joy without the struggle.

I never said the people who are happy didn't struggle. I have struggled, and feel that I am leading a happy life. I certainly am not christian. There are billions who are not christian and feel the same way.

i guess they're all going to hell, despite the possible moral lives they've lead.

Keep telling yourself this, it will make you feel better about this life I`m sure.

so thats how you end it. I completely debunk all your claims that things have gotten progressively worse in america, and this is all oyu can say?

Back
Top Bottom