• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

foundations of free speech

(part 3 of 3)

5. potential heroes of the story
There are many details to that process, but they're relatively minor, and RoS would rediscover or obviate them anyway.

What's not minor is the question of who would deliver that world-saving remedy.
Obviously the people deep in administrative structure don't fit, but then who does?

To answer that, let's use what I call "big-factor analysis".
....As an illustration, consider the swimming prowess of Michael Phelps.
....He is the most medaled Olympian of all time; where does that success come from?
....Here are the biggest causal factors:
........long arms,
........narrow torso,
........relatively short legs,
........long feet,
........hypermobile ankles,
........ADHD,
........and being in an aquatic club.
....With these factors working together, they created a resonance or a perfect storm if you will,
........and catapulted him to that unprecedented position.

Applying the same kind of thinking to our problem, let's try to imagine what kind of people can defeat OW:
....▪ they must have a large audience
........for 3 reasons:
............▪ to spread the message of RoS
............▪ to invite ample criticism, which is part of RoS
............▪ to invite everyone's participation in all imaginable capacities:
................main departments: programming, art, R&D, etc.
................support departments
....................office: accounting, legal, IT, HR, etc.
....................physical: nutrition, security, transportation, warehousing, maintenance
................connections
................money
................housing
................etc.
........=> they must be celebrities or someone close to them

....▪ they should probably be outside any administrative structure
........otherwise they'd be administratively controlled by OW even if we got in touch with them,
........and thus almost certainly reject our "rule of science" idea, since it's outside OW
........=> they must be self-employed

....▪ they and their audience must be predisposed to our RoS idea
........otherwise it will be difficult to get them interested in it and then explain it
........=> they are the youtube political commentators with an affinity for science/reason/logic/evidence.
........I can offer several names, but you may not be interested in the first place, so I don't want to get ahead of myself.

6. summary
So my plan is simple.
....We work out RoS in our small circle here.
........It will almost certainly require live discussion, and therefore a considerable level of the gift of the gab from the participants.
........It will also be a substantial time investment, so we'll need people with free evenings and weekends.
............Or maybe just someone on a winter break.
........And obviously it will require effort, but for the right team it would be a happy effort, so this shouldn't be a problem.
....We put together a list of commentators and start strategizing how to reach them.
........Actually it should be pretty straightforward, but again, I don't want to get ahead of myself.

In sum,
....FS doesn't offer you a means to fix the world's problems,
........only to vent about them,
........and only if you can break through the noise of millions of other voices.
....So if you want to be an active participant in the world,
........and not just an impotent complainer,
........let's do the rule of science.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom