• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forum upgrade complete

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Over the next couple of weeks we will be adding new features and rekindling some of the older features.

Coming features:
Blogs
Arcade system
Content Management System
Donation Bar
Sphinx (ultra fast search)

Expectations first 24 hours:
Expect the website to be slower than normal. This is for two reasons.
1. Search is re-indexing. Take it easy on the server for a day or two on the crazy searching please.
2. Sphinx searching not working on our system. We are still troubleshooting the issue.

Kinks and craziness:
Even worse than what Tucker could do on acid may be hidden somewhere. Let us know about them so we can promptly fix.

Looks good. How much sleep have you gotten since this started?

This is going to get hard to get used to after nearly 5 years of the other style.

Looks good. How much sleep have you gotten since this started?
About 2.5 hours.

This is going to get hard to get used to after nearly 5 years of the other style.
There are other colors available - select them on bottom left hand corner. :)

Maybe I'm slow, but i need help. Is there still a User CP on this new forum? If not, is there a way to see my subscribed threads without seeing all of the dead ones? Thanks.

P.S. Nice work on the forum :)

Found a bug - Links to Reddit, Technorati, etc, overlay the reply buttons on lower right. Am using Firefox 3.0.19

Last edited:
Where did the "View all thanked posts" go?

Found a bug - Links to Reddit, Technorati, etc, overlay the reply buttons on lower right. Am using Firefox 3.0.19

What resolution are you at? They are spaced nicely for me, no problem at all with overlap.

Maybe I'm slow, but i need help. Is there still a User CP on this new forum? If not, is there a way to see my subscribed threads without seeing all of the dead ones? Thanks.

Upper right, labeled "settings".

What resolution are you at? They are spaced nicely for me, no problem at all with overlap.

If you shrink the width of the browser, the Multiquote, then Reply with Quote, then Reply will wrap under on line putting them under the Reddit, etc buttons.

That's the solution by the way. Expand the width of your browser.

Last edited:

Settings on the top right is the old User CP. LOL, I like the old name better.

Are you using an iphone? I am working on a style for iphone and andriod that looks kinda neat.

Where did the "View all thanked posts" go?
I will look into it.

If you shrink the width of the browser, the Multiquote, then Reply with Quote, then Reply will wrap under on line putting them under the Reddit, etc buttons.

OK, I see it, but I had to reduce it down to under 1/4 the width it usually is, which brings it back to my original question.

OK, I see it, but I had to reduce it down to under 1/4 the width it usually is, which brings it back to my original question.

Duh. What was the original question? :confused:

On this monitor, which is at work, the resolution is 800x600.

Sweet. I found the old DP style...now I am happy again.
I found the 'old DP' color combo which I have switched back to... but old DP Style is alas gone for a LESS clear one.
Strings/String Title Fonts aren't as boldly differentiated from one another on this new one.

Same with the Fainter/smaller fonts in the poster ID box just to the left of this. (join date/post number/thanks/thanked etc).

Thinner fonts on 'whos online' on bottom too.. EXCEPT the Mod Political persuasions which has been moved for Under 'Whos online' to Above.. Needlessly ...as it is very secondary and should have remained Underneath instead of above.

Perhaps that part can be Fixed easily.
But Readability is Number one.
A Good clear Blocky format with easy to read fonts, strings, and sections, is Number 1 for attraction of posters and usability. That has gotten worse IMO.
I'm using a 24" Monitor with 1920x1200 resolution.

As so often, the Rule lately it seems, Any change is viewed as 'upgrade', when in fact-- it's just change/// usually for the worse. More features; Less Clarity.
From Google toolbar to eBay to here... it's the same problem.

I appreciate all the work put in, but all the bd needed was a better server that didn't jam up occassionally.
-

Last edited:
Where are the stats? I found logged in users at the bottom of the Forum view, but no stats on threads. That is how I used to find new threads to subscribe to.

I will totally support this idea!

Here was the old 'Cached' version of the Middle East Section:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tics.com+middle+east&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

CLEAR Thread titles and string spacing/differentiation. Just OP name underneath
---
Here the New version:
Middle East
A Muddle!
The strings are right Atop one another and tend Merge into a Less readable large Block of fonts.
With "Started by poster name", (Time) "03-23-10 11:44 AM" .... Just as Prominent font-wise as the title... and often longer.
The old version just the OP name without needless info/type face Overlapping the string title underneath.

All that Extraneuos info- in same size fonts makes the string Titles all the individual strings Less easily differentiated and Run together.
Far Inferior in clarity to the old version.
'Upgrades' are almost always downgrades because they are made by people with Less graphic talent than the original designer.

Similarly to the other problems in the ID box to my left and the new Graphics muddling in General... the online Lights (Green, etc) are now Way too Small and pale/Much LESS clear.

Anyone except reefedjib have the courage to agree or disagree and be Specific why? "Oh Goody" doesn't count.

Features may have been enhanced, but it's been a Graphics failure and likely to attract less posters.
For message boards....
"It's the Format Stupid!"
-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom