• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forum software security patches complete

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Sorry it took so long. We had to go through all the directories manually and reset the permissions because the upgrade scripts changed everything to unreadable.

Please let me know if you see anything more strange and Hugh on the forums. :shock:

Blogs are not displaying correctly.

We are looking into this issue.

Blogs are not displaying correctly.

We are looking into this issue.
Blogs should now be displaying properly.
Also, it is just me or is the site much faster?

This may not be the proper place to post this... if not, please redirect me... but I've been having problems with frequent IE crashes at this forum now. It happens when I try to load certain pages within threads. IE just shuts itself down. Even when the thread pages do load, it always has a "Done, with errors on page" warning.

This is the only site that I've had this problem with, and only since the upgrade. Did anyone else report this, and was a fix discovered?

This may not be the proper place to post this... if not, please redirect me... but I've been having problems with frequent IE crashes at this forum now. It happens when I try to load certain pages within threads. IE just shuts itself down. Even when the thread pages do load, it always has a "Done, with errors on page" warning.

This is the only site that I've had this problem with, and only since the upgrade. Did anyone else report this, and was a fix discovered?

What version of IE are you running? I know that older versions where not compatible with the new software, so that may be the problem. I would insert a plug here for Mozilla or Chrome, but you have probably heard it before.

IE used to be real slow for me. It was so bad, I had to switch to Firefox.

Thank you both for your answers. Yes, it's probably my old IE 6. I know I'm supposed to upgrade, but I don't know how and my husband is certain that the heavens will explode if either of us try something so... "complicated." We are both technically illiterate, you see.

Eventually we'll either figure it out or find someone who can do it for us. Thanks again for the suggestions, and bicycleman, good to see an old whistle stopper again!

Thank you both for your answers. Yes, it's probably my old IE 6. I know I'm supposed to upgrade, but I don't know how and my husband is certain that the heavens will explode if either of us try something so... "complicated." We are both technically illiterate, you see.

Eventually we'll either figure it out or find someone who can do it for us. Thanks again for the suggestions, and bicycleman, good to see an old whistle stopper again!

Hello. I think I remember that name, Diana, but it's been several years, now. They booted me from their site, something I said.

Regarding upgrading to a better Microsoft Internet Explorer, you should already have the automatic upgrade function configured so that you will get all the latest upgrades, especially the security upgrades. It's fairly a no-brainer and well worth keeping your system free of worms and everything else imaginable. I speak from experience, since for years I had dialup and refused to configure XP to receive any upgrades. Now, that I have satellite, I must watch Microsoft, especially when I return home. I have been on business for the last 2 weeks, and when I turn on my PC, Microsoft will inundate me with upgrades, those that will exceed my 200 Megabyte download threshold.

Regarding upgrading IE, you can get on the Microsoft website, and just download a newer version. Follow the instructions, and it's a no-brainer to install.

Last edited:
I haven't posted at WS since 2008. Complete double standard, atrocious modding, and it wasn't a debate forum so much as it was a progressive monologue between like-minded liberals. An issue-based independent like me wasn't particularly welcome.

Thanks for the upgrade info! I'll look into it.

I haven't posted at WS since 2008. Complete double standard, atrocious modding, and it wasn't a debate forum so much as it was a progressive monologue between like-minded liberals. An issue-based independent like me wasn't particularly welcome.

There is a special group here for old WS'rs. I withdrew because it soon became a hate fest. Alas, I practiced my version as well, but it was self-defense. Seems that old animosities die hard. A few still linger here, but most have gone elsewhere.

Despite being a serious far left liberal, part of the appeal of this board is that it has significantly more conservative posters than liberals. More people to argue with. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Despite being a serious far left liberal, part of the appeal of this board is that it has significantly more conservative posters than liberals. More people to argue with. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Good points, Red. I have enjoyed this place far more than WS. It was a crap shoot on there of whether you would say something that would offend someone.

Back
Top Bottom