• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fort Hood Shooter Forcibly Shaved in Prison.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Well they got that his ass now.....forcibly shaved. Piece doesn't say how or what the details were. But it is done. Now he is under Regulations. A bit late I would say. But at least they waited to get thru the court so as to not hold anything else up. Course I have heard he will have an appeals process. Which could take up to 5 years. Sure hope that isn't true. He is a traitor and should be Stood up and Shot as one!

e309133bd034601d3c0f6a70670058e1.jpg

The Army psychiatrist sentenced to death for the Fort Hood shooting rampage has been forcibly shaved, an Army spokesman said Tuesday.

Maj. Nidal Hasan began growing a beard in the years after the November 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 30 wounded. The beard prompted delays to his court-martial because it violated Army grooming regulations. He was convicted of all charges last month at his court-martial at the Central Texas Army post and sentenced to death.

Now, Hasan is an inmate at the U.S. Detention Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., home to the military death row. Lt. Col. S. Justin Platt, an Army spokesman, said in a statement Tuesday that Hasan had been shaved. He did not specify when or provide details, however.

Officials at Fort Leavenworth previously had said Hasan would be subject to Army regulations.....snip~

Fort Hood shooter forcibly shaved in prison

Well they got that his ass now.....forcibly shaved. Piece doesn't say how or what the details were. But it is done. Now he is under Regulations. A bit late I would say. But at least they waited to get thru the court so as to not hold anything else up. Course I have heard he will have an appeals process. Which could take up to 5 years. Sure hope that isn't true. He is a traitor and should be Stood up and Shot as one!

The Army psychiatrist sentenced to death for the Fort Hood shooting rampage has been forcibly shaved, an Army spokesman said Tuesday.

Maj. Nidal Hasan began growing a beard in the years after the November 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 30 wounded. The beard prompted delays to his court-martial because it violated Army grooming regulations. He was convicted of all charges last month at his court-martial at the Central Texas Army post and sentenced to death.

Now, Hasan is an inmate at the U.S. Detention Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., home to the military death row. Lt. Col. S. Justin Platt, an Army spokesman, said in a statement Tuesday that Hasan had been shaved. He did not specify when or provide details, however.

Officials at Fort Leavenworth previously had said Hasan would be subject to Army regulations.....snip~

They can shoot him sitting down for all I care....get 'er done!

They can shoot him sitting down for all I care....get 'er done!

Mornin WCH. :2wave: I agree.....I just hope it isn't true that he gets that appeals process. He needs to hear those Words. You will be shot as a traitor.

I hope they beat the **** out of him to, when they forcibly shaved his azz.

Mornin WCH. :2wave: I agree.....I just hope it isn't true that he gets that appeals process. He needs to hear those Words. You will be shot as a traitor.

Our government use to take issues such as treason more seriously. Instead, they call this *workplace violence*.

They could say the same about the soldier who massacred those Afghan villagers but, they didn't.

It would be stupid for him to get an appeal, he ADMITTED to doing it did he not?

In his mind he will hear "you will die a martyr".

It would be stupid for him to get an appeal, he ADMITTED to doing it did he not?

Heya DT. :2wave: Well.....that's what I think. But you know how it is. Some libs will want to find a way to say he didn't represent himself properly. That there was some violation of process. You know how they are when it comes to rules and the law. They always look for a way to get around it.

I don't think there is any reason to even let the victims say something at his sentencing. Just walk his ass out to the Execution Area. Blindfold him and then light him up. No need to keep him around and no need for any of those lib attorneys to worry about him in the future.

Heya DT. :2wave: Well.....that's what I think. But you know how it is. Some libs will want to find a way to say he didn't represent himself properly. That there was some violation of process. You know how they are when it comes to rules and the law. They always look for a way to get around it.

I don't think there is any reason to even let the victims say something at his sentencing. Just walk his ass out to the Execution Area. Blindfold him and then light him up. No need to keep him around and no need for any of those lib attorneys to worry about him in the future.

Shoot him in the leg, then the arm, then the stomach, ask him how he feels, then bullet to the head. That's fair, right?

It doesn't matter. If the military is anything like the civilian justice system, appeal is automatic in death penalty cases.

I'm torn on the death penalty for him. He definitely deserves it but, in this one case, I can't help but think living out the rest of his miserable life paralyzed in prison, getting shaved whether he wants it or not might just be the greater punishment.

It doesn't matter. If the military is anything like the civilian justice system, appeal is automatic in death penalty cases.

I'm torn on the death penalty for him. He definitely deserves it but, in this one case, I can't help but think living out the rest of his miserable life paralyzed in prison, getting shaved whether he wants it or not might just be the greater punishment.

They really need to change that, if a guy or girl is on death row and they ADMITTED to the crime, there shouldn't be an appeal process, period. Execution should happen that day.

I thought the Same X.....but then we will have to feed him. The food he wants and the way he needs it prepared and all of that. I figure cut the cost and all ties to his pathetic ass. Let him say his prayers. Then tell him he is being given that intro to the Almighty.

You know what - that actually pisses me off. They let his stupid damned facial hair DELAY the trial and cause problems like it actually meant anything to anyone - but now he's shaved. I swear - what in the ****?

Ridiculous that they let it A) be such a problem and then B) voila! now it's not a problem.

The entire thing irritated me that they let it interfere and now they've just gone over the top.

I just see military inability and triteness. . . oooooh - we shaved the ****er, something we should have done two years ago.
OR - they should have just not given two bits of a ****. IT's not like he's going to be dawning a gas mask on the battlefield. Stupid ****.

You know what - that actually pisses me off. They let his stupid damned facial hair DELAY the trial and cause problems like it actually meant anything to anyone - but now he's shaved. I swear - what in the ****?

Ridiculous that they let it A) be such a problem and then B) voila! now it's not a problem.

The entire thing irritated me that they let it interfere and now they've just gone over the top.

I just see military inability and triteness. . . oooooh - we shaved the ****er, something we should have done two years ago.
OR - they should have just not given two bits of a ****. IT's not like he's going to be dawning a gas mask on the battlefield. Stupid ****.

Mornin Auntie Mmmmm.
hat.gif
LTNS goily.....where ya been lately?

Yeah I was bit ticked they held things up over him shaving. I said way back then. Hold his ass down, shave him, and then take him to see the Judge. What a waste of time and money.

He should have never even made it to any type of court.

Does not matter. Everybody convicted in a Capitol Offense Trial automatically gets 2 appeals. One for the Conviction, and another for a Sentence. It is the system and is in place to protect everybody, guilty as well as innocent.

My own feelings on this piece of firth notwithstanding, he does deserve due process of the law before they stick the needle in his arm.

Shoot him in the leg, then the arm, then the stomach, ask him how he feels, then bullet to the head. That's fair, right?

No, because we are better then he is. It is the other side that advocates such punishments, not us. And if we have to lower ourselves to their level, then what are we fighting for?

The problem then can be that he becomes a symbol for other fighters. "We will blow up XXXYYY if he is not released from jail" may well become true as long as he is alive. When dead, he can only be a soon to be forgotten "Martyr to the cause", likely forgotten in a few years.

After all, how many remember Bobby Sands anymore?

They really need to change that, if a guy or girl is on death row and they ADMITTED to the crime, there shouldn't be an appeal process, period. Execution should happen that day.

I can plead guilty to a crime, yet still appeal the sentence if it seems unduly harsh and in excess to the crime committed. And remember, his initial claim is that he was conducting an act of Jihad, an act of war against people in the military. If we capture a soldier after a battle we do not sentence them to death simply because they are on the other side, we treat him as a prison of war.

That will likely be the basis of his appeal, that he is not a murderer but a soldier carrying out his duties against the enemy. And that he does not deserve the death penalty because what he did was an act of war, not of terror or workplace violence.

And remember, I am looking at this dispassionately in a neutral fashion. I hope his appeals go fast so he is executed quickly, but that view at least has some merit, even though I do not think it applies.

No, because we are better then he is. It is the other side that advocates such punishments, not us. And if we have to lower ourselves to their level, then what are we fighting for?

The problem then can be that he becomes a symbol for other fighters. "We will blow up XXXYYY if he is not released from jail" may well become true as long as he is alive. When dead, he can only be a soon to be forgotten "Martyr to the cause", likely forgotten in a few years.

After all, how many remember Bobby Sands anymore?

I can plead guilty to a crime, yet still appeal the sentence if it seems unduly harsh and in excess to the crime committed. And remember, his initial claim is that he was conducting an act of Jihad, an act of war against people in the military. If we capture a soldier after a battle we do not sentence them to death simply because they are on the other side, we treat him as a prison of war.

That will likely be the basis of his appeal, that he is not a murderer but a soldier carrying out his duties against the enemy. And that he does not deserve the death penalty because what he did was an act of war, not of terror or workplace violence.

And remember, I am looking at this dispassionately in a neutral fashion. I hope his appeals go fast so he is executed quickly, but that view at least has some merit, even though I do not think it applies.

Didn't he specifically ask to be executed? If so, unless he's had a change of heart the appeal is simply pro forma.

Personally I think life without - preferably in solitary - is a much better punishment than execution.

In his mind he will hear "you will die a martyr".

I am not a terrorist so I could care less what he and other terrorists views himself as.

Didn't he specifically ask to be executed? If so, unless he's had a change of heart the appeal is simply pro forma.

Personally I think life without - preferably in solitary - is a much better punishment than execution.

I do too. In that chair, where he put himself, and dependent for his most basic needs on the fellows of those he murdered. And without fan mail. Just him and what he did and the irony of it all that now he must be grateful. I like it.

Now they just need to feed him pork chops for the rest of his useless life.

I agree, I don't particularly want him to have the martyr status he craves. You are right, appeal is automatic in death penalty cases... but it can be waived, as Timothy McVeigh did. After his 1997 conviction, his first (automatic) appeal was denied in 1999. Over his attorney's objections, McVeigh then waived his right to additional appeals, and was executed two years later.

They violated his liberties and this should lead to a mistrial...

Very good.

Now on to Step II: Hooking him up to Old Sparky and turning on the juice.

Very good.

Now on to Step II: Hooking him up to Old Sparky and turning on the juice.

Mornin Sig. :2wave: Myself, I rather seen him put on the Wall of Shame.....Then Shot! ;)

The appeal process for a General or Special courts-martial is a review of procedures, kinda like checking the spelling and making sure there or no blanks on any form not filled in. Unless things changed a lot since I was in.

Does not matter. Everybody convicted in a Capitol Offense Trial automatically gets 2 appeals. One for the Conviction, and another for a Sentence. It is the system and is in place to protect everybody, guilty as well as innocent.

My own feelings on this piece of firth notwithstanding, he does deserve due process of the law before they stick the needle in his arm.

"due process" the appeals are stupid for someone who admitted doing it.

Back
Top Bottom