• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic reported dead

F41

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic reported found dead in his cell at the Hague.

As of yet, there is no confirmation of this.

Milosevic has been on trial for war crimes and genocide.

ThePhoenix said:
Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic reported found dead in his cell at the Hague.

As of yet, there is no confirmation of this.

Milosevic has been on trial for war crimes and genocide.

I just that breaking news e-mail from MSNBC. Can't say that I'm sad about his death since he was a disgusting human being, although I wanted him to held accountable for his crimes.

I'm kind of on the same page as aps on this one. I am not shedding any tears for the Butcher of Beograd, BUT I wanted him to be declared guilty of the worst crimes seen in Europe since WWII. I hope they still go through and finish the trial even though he is in the eighth level of Hell right now.

I won't even go into the Chamberlainistic appeasement of the likes of Clinton and Europe's leaders that made his crimes possible.

Good riddance!

good ridance to bad rubbish!

Hey, isn't that the dude that got his *** kicked by President Clinton?

Remember that "war"? It was a Clinton Classic! That, my friends is how you conduct a war, 80 days of air bombing and not one American troop lost. Not one American ground troop committed!

It was NATO and America at their finest! It was a classic war!

Hmm, I also remember how the r-wing shed crockodile tears for Milo. And now Milo is found dead in prison where Clinton's action had put him.

That, my friends is how you deal with ruthless dictators, Milo's dead!

Last I heard Saddam is still alive and kicking, so is a fellow named Osama!

KidRocks said:
Hey, isn't that the dude that got his *** kicked by President Clinton?

AFTER he was allowed to get away with ethnic cleansing in Western Slavonia, AFTER he was allowed to get away with ethnic cleansing in Bosnia (something that the negotiations leading to the Dayton Accords actually ENCOURAGED), AFTER protecting Serbian perpetrators of ethnic cleansing in Bosnia. How many crimes did Slobodan have to commit before there finally WAS action? An ill-conceived arms embargo on ALL parties so only the Serbs supplied by the Yugoslav Federal Army had arms and the Croats (initially), Bosniacks, and Kosovars were DEFENSELESS! Appeasement, appeasement, appeasement. That was the line of Clinton and the left FOR YEARS. By the time action was taken, millions were dead or displaced!

Hmm, I also remember how the r-wing shed crockodile tears for Milo. And now Milo is found dead in prison where Clinton's action had put him.

What conservatives would those be?

That, my friends is how you deal with ruthless dictators, Milo's dead!

Dead by natural causes. Some accomplishment. I wanted justice served. Those liberals in the European tribunal allowed Slobodan to get away with stalling tactic after stalling tactic. In the end, he didn't get what he deserved: a tribunal staring him in the face and declaring him guilty for his crimes.

Last I heard Saddam is still alive and kicking, so is a fellow named Osama!

As for Saddam, hopefully he will face justice while he is still alive. Osama is the next on the list.

ludahai said:
AFTER he was allowed to get away with ethnic cleansing in Western Slavonia, AFTER he was allowed to get away with ethnic cleansing in Bosnia (something that the negotiations leading to the Dayton Accords actually ENCOURAGED), AFTER protecting Serbian perpetrators of ethnic cleansing in Bosnia. How many crimes did Slobodan have to commit before there finally WAS action? An ill-conceived arms embargo on ALL parties so only the Serbs supplied by the Yugoslav Federal Army had arms and the Croats (initially), Bosniacks, and Kosovars were DEFENSELESS! Appeasement, appeasement, appeasement. That was the line of Clinton and the left FOR YEARS. By the time action was taken, millions were dead or displaced!

You seemed to be well informed of what happenned in the Former Yugoslavia. I am impressed, few people are. However, in all fairness, Bush Sr. also shares blame for appeasing and rewarding genocide along with Clinton. In all honesty, as you well know already, the phrase "Never again" that was a slogan after Hitler's extermination of the Jews, was simply a lie and used for political purposes only. Remember, the US only gets involved overseas when economic interests are at stake. That's why they ignored and appeased genocide in the Former Yugoslavia and it is the reason why genocide was ignored in Rwanda, Sudan and other parts of the world. If you want to get the US to intervene in a foreign country, threaten it's economic interests and that will be a good way to do it. However, evil acts being committed on people will not trigger a US intervention, though it would be the right thing for the US to do. For example the Carter Doctrine threatening military force, including nuclear weapons, if the Soviet Union went from Afghanistan into Iran. Carter only came up with this doctrine to protect US oil interests in the Middle East. US foreign policy is all about money and nothing about doing the honest, decent thing. Sometimes, the US does evil things in order to further it's economic interests.

What conservatives would those be?

In the case of Yugoslavia, both Republicans and Democrats alike were guilty for acting as accomplices to the genocide of Muslims in Bosnia, it was not merely a problem only with Democrats but with both parties. It is part of a long list of reasons why the US had planes slammed into the World Trade Center on 9/11. It's a law of physics really when you think about it. You just can't go around the world acting as accomplices to genocide and then committing terrorist acts and overthrowing democratically elected governments to make more money. And the American people cannot remain apathetic or ignorant to what their government does overseas forever without paying a very heavy price for it eventually. Law of economics and physics is the way I look at it.

Dead by natural causes. Some accomplishment. I wanted justice served. Those liberals in the European tribunal allowed Slobodan to get away with stalling tactic after stalling tactic. In the end, he didn't get what he deserved: a tribunal staring him in the face and declaring him guilty for his crimes.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. The world simply would not administer justice to these people who committed these evil acts, God is long sufferring and waited a long time to see if the world would do the right thing. It did not, so God had to take it upon himself, intervene and administer justice to Milosevic. Nobody in the Balkans will ever believe that Milosevic died of natural causes, me either for that matter. To me, he will face a far harsher justice before God than he ever would before a court. However, forgive your enemies and do not become like your enemies.

As for Saddam, hopefully he will face justice while he is still alive. Osama is the next on the list.

I agree that it will be good to see Saddam face justice. Osama Bin Laden should also face justice. However, the United States has some crimes to answer for as well. Just because your the most powerful country in the world, it doesn't make you above the law or moral principles based on honesty and decency. If their is no other man made more powerful organization to administer justice upon the US, then "cosmic justice", a term I use loosely to describe how everybody or everything seems to get what is coming to them, will be administered upon the US. Cosmic justice always seems to come around, and frankly speaking, September 11 was nothing more than a very tiny dose of the same medicine that the US was giving to others. It is quite interesting to see the American people react in the same way to September 11 as people in foreign countries reacted to US interventions, based on economic interests, claiming countless civilian lives. The old addage that you reap what you sow. When you examine how the US acted in the Former Yugoslavia, you will begin to slowly piece together the puzzle as to why the US was attacked on September 11. Anyway, good post and glad to see somebody who is well informed of what actually happenned in the Former Yugoslavia.

ManOfTrueTruth said:
I think you are looking at this the wrong way. The world simply would not administer justice to these people who committed these evil acts, God is long sufferring and waited a long time to see if the world would do the right thing. It did not, so God had to take it upon himself, intervene and administer justice to Milosevic.

Naturally, I dispense out of hand the idea that America is complicit in this barbarian's wrongdoing. But your words here illuminate what I think is the central point.

We cannot depend on agencies such as the International Criminal Court to dispense justice. They will simply delay justice forever, and barbarians such as this will never be punished. The victims will never be avenged.

Surely the ICC would act swiftly and decisively if a US Marine spat upon a Kuran. But a Milosevic will live the rest of his natural life in their care, and never truly face the prospect of conviction, let alone punishment.

Last edited:
Carl said:
Naturally, I dispense out of hand the idea that America is complicit in this barbarian's wrongdoing. But your words here illuminate what I think is the central point.

We cannot depend on agencies such as the International Criminal Court to dispense justice. They will simply delay justice forever, and barbarians such as this will never be punished. The victims will never be avenged.

We should not look for revenge, but rather justice. Justice and revenge are two different things. I am also a supporter of the International Criminal Court and support strengthening, the reason why it is not a good agency is because major powers, including the US do not wish to see it as a strong agency, because then the US or other major powers could not act in an unlawful manner to further their own interests.

I believe a strong International Criminal Court, based on the principles of true justice, will play a central role towards preventing the human race from destroying itself.

ManOfTrueTruth said:
because then the US or other major powers could not act in an unlawful manner to further their own interests.

Tautology. We determine what is lawful for us. All nations pursue their own interests.

Carl said:
Tautology. We determine what is lawful for us. All nations pursue their own interests.

The interests of nations and peoples inevitably clash with each other. It is why we need a International Criminal Court to arbitrate disputes based on what is morally righteous and is based on the principles of decency and fairness. The absence of such a court, given today's technology, could possibly bring a doomsday scenario for the human race. When you really think about it, the International Court, in the long term, is in the best interests of every nation.

ManOfTrueTruth said:
The interests of nations and peoples inevitably clash with each other. It is why we need a International Criminal Court to arbitrate disputes based on what is morally righteous and is based on the principles of decency and fairness.

Principles of morality, decency, and fairness as defined by whom?

Folks who couldn't figure out how to convict a barbarian like Milosevic for so long he died of natural causes? I'm thinking not.

Carl said:
Principles of morality, decency, and fairness as defined by whom?

Folks who couldn't figure out how to convict a barbarian like Milosevic for so long he died of natural causes? I'm thinking not.

Morals and principles can be different amongst various cultures, however some morals and principles are universal among all cultures and people. These are what should be the morals and principles of the International Court.
I recognize that seems rather overly idealistic, however, it is something that all nations should continue to work toward.

ManOfTrueTruth said:
These are what should be the morals and principles of the International Court. I recognize that seems rather overly idealistic, however, it is something that all nations should continue to work toward.

Should be? Seems? Please.

This is the real world, not a Disney movie. A body that couldn't convict and execute Milosevic before he died of natural causes has proven the futility of your idealism.

A body that seeks to punish American soldiers, while dealing so with Milosevic, is other than an idealistic agency seeking pureness and morality.

Carl said:
Should be? Seems? Please.

This is the real world, not a Disney movie. A body that couldn't convict and execute Milosevic before he died of natural causes has proven the futility of your idealism.

You have a cynical way of looking at this. It won't be easy, it will be very tough, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Slobodan Milosevic has kicked the bucket?:( :(

Ok I'm over it...

YEA! he's wormfood now......

Surely the ICC would act swiftly and decisively if a US Marine spat upon a Kuran. But a Milosevic will live the rest of his natural life in their care, and never truly face the prospect of conviction, let alone punishment.
Even if what you said came true even you could see what an easier and quicker case a man spitting on a book would be compared to 66 charges of war crimes

they were still in his defence period infact they were 4/5 through it so it wouldn't have taken long. Lets just see how long the trial of saddam goes on for.

Willoughby said:
Even if what you said came true even you could see what an easier and quicker case a man spitting on a book would be compared to 66 charges of war crimes

they were still in his defence period infact they were 4/5 through it so it wouldn't have taken long. Lets just see how long the trial of saddam goes on for.

In my view, the US did the wrong thing by appeasing the worst war criminals in Europe since World War II. Their is no substitute for absolute victory nor is their a substitute for absolute justice. To me, God is the absolute justice.

Back
Top Bottom