• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Yale psychiatrist sues university - she was fired over her efforts to expose Trump's mental illness

and many who hate him will claim that without any proof whatsoever. the most interesting thing about Trump is the reaction he has caused in some people who once appeared to be sane

yeah, it was definitely weird seeing so many people get sucked into the cult of a reality tv show host. i'm waiting to see who gets the next Republican season. maybe the naked guy from Survivor or something. i don't think that he's a racist, though, and he talks in complete sentences sometimes, so his Republican political prospects probably aren't that good.

yeah, it was definitely weird seeing so many people get sucked into the cult of a reality tv show host. i'm waiting to see who gets the next Republican season. maybe the naked guy from Survivor or something. i don't think that he's a racist, though, and he talks in complete sentences sometimes, so his Republican political prospects probably aren't that good.
If you are somewhat fair, you'd agree that both candidates this last year, and 2016 were markedly flawed.

I'll take the flawed one who didn't put on an ego stroking clown show that culminated in an insurrection.
the insurrection was definitely a low point in his administration no class.

Psychiatrically diagnosing a public figure (or anyone really) without an examination is malpractice imo. It is the same thing as if a GP claimed Trump has ED.

That is not the same thing unless the GP happen to witness Trump unable to achieve an erection. Trump's narcissism and sociopathy was on display, every day, to everyone on earth. Does one have to have spoke with Stalin in a clinical setting to diagnose him with paranoia? Does one have to have spoke with Mao in a clinical setting to diagnose him as a sociopath? Trump is a textbook narcissist with a huge inferiority complex, one does not have conduct a psychiatric examination in a clinical setting to see that.

Trump is a textbook narcissist with a huge inferiority complex, one does not have conduct a psychiatric examination in a clinical setting to see that.
A doctor does.

She exposed her own mental illness. You know many people go into the mental health field because they have their own demons. I know, I was married to one.
Not really true. When I operated the sound system for the debate on the Goldwater rule at the convention for the trade association that made the rule, the debate was lively and to my ear sounded like they might well overturn it. They threw me out for the vote, and we all know what they decided.

Literally hundreds of hours of video of trump over decades is readily available. And behavior is a big part of these diagnoses. Which has been consistent all of that time. If it's a "character" he has obviously lost the line between the character and himself.

Psychologists analyse criminals for law enforcement and historical figures for clarity on their roles/behavior. Those were the primary arguments in favor, along with far more of his words and behavior over decades availabke than any psychologist would enjoy doing an in person diagnosis.

The reality is a ravening madman could ascend to power and if his party controls the congress there is nothing that could be done about it.

And anybody paying attention knows full well trump ain't quite right. In the kind of shitty way nobody puts up with if they aren't rich or attractive. And then only because they are.

The Bachelorette is pretty hot.

I haven't seen that one. Does she yell a lot of dumb lies into a microphone?
I have never watched it, actually. I was just thinking of dumb candidates and I did not want to be sexist so I included a dumb chick.

What a crock!! Guess it's more important to keep dumbing America by protecting idiotic liars who become our nation's presidents.

Former Yale psychiatrist sues university -- saying she was fired over her efforts to expose Trump's mental illness - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism
Yale University fired Dr. Lee, an established professor on its medical school faculty, citing the misnamed "Goldwater Rule." That policy directs mental health professionals to hold their tongue about the mental well-being of officials, something American citizens do every day around their kitchen tables, in public forums and on national television. To deny the citizenry the insights of educated mental health professionals is more than absurd, it is an attack on the very principle of American democratic self-governance.

The "rule" is itself of dubious provenance, relevance and is outdated. And yet one of America's leading universities clings to this orthodoxy in firing Dr. Lee, after 17 years on its medical school faculty, for using her knowledge to advance and widen human understanding of public mental health and the deleterious effects of having a popular leader who suffers from delusions that are well documented.

All Americans should be deeply disturbed at Yale's implicit attack on robust public debate by punishing Dr. Lee and seeking to intimidate other well-informed mental health scholars about our elected leaders and their fitness to hold office. This is especially so for any president because his finger is on the nuclear button.

Everyone who is aware... knows Trump has very severe mental deficiencies and issue, he does not understand nor does he care about the principle of respect for humanity, nor of Our Governing Systems and he no respect for Foreign Nation, other than how he can abusively use them and their people, he was born into savagery and he is "a savage"; that's not in the least bit difficult to see.

This link is another example of how ignorant, and supportive of savagery, willfully stupid, vile, malicious and inhumane and disrespectful of American Governance and American Democracy, that Trump is.
  • Donald Trump claimed that his supporters who stormed the Capitol posed 'zero threat'

If Trump died today, the most fitting thing America could do, would be to wrap him in a soiled rag, fly the body out to sea on a thick cloudy day and dump it in the ocean. He does not deserve to be buried in American Soil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who is aware... knows Trump has very severe mental deficiencies and issue, he does not understand nor does he care about the principle of respect for humanity, nor of Our Governing Systems and he no respect for Foreign Nation, other than how he can abusively use them and their people, he was born into savagery and he is "a savage"; that's not in the least bit difficult to see.

This link is another example of how ignorant, and supportive of savagery, willfully stupid, vile, malicious and inhumane and disrespectful of American Governance and American Democracy, that Trump is.
  • Donald Trump claimed that his supporters who stormed the Capitol posed 'zero threat'

If Trump died today, the most fitting thing America could do, would be to wrap him in a soiled rag, fly the body out to sea on a thick cloudy day and dump it in the ocean. He does not deserve to be buried in American Soil.
You have got to let your anger go, mate. Jeez...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have got to let your anger go, mate. Jeez...
IT's just a matter of facts... The man spent 4yrs prompting Belligerent Fest to push his divisiveness, people seem to forget he brought in the white nationalist Steve Bannon, and Put the Southern Bigot Jeff Session's as the AG, and he kept the Racist Steven Miller and its no need to go down the entire list of what this EVIL man did to try and take over this country, as if he was Dictator over America.
you can call it anger of what ever, but your label does not diminish the fact, this man "dishonored and disgraced this nation and did so domestically and on the international stage.

I say, don't put his remains any place on the Soil of America... and that will make sure none of his cult followers can turn it into a shrine they worship at.

IT's just a matter of facts... The man spent 4yrs prompting Belligerent Fest to push his divisiveness, people seem to forget he brought in the white nationalist Steve Bannon, and Put the Southern Bigot Jeff Session's as the AG, and he kept the Racist Steven Miller ....

And can you point to a single thing these people did other than irritate you, that caused some detriment to the nation?

the insurrection was definitely a low point in his administration no class.

Id say hes no more responsible for 1/6 than Obama was responsible for the insurrection of the Ferguson riots.

Back
Top Bottom