• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former US VP Al Gore 'will not face assault charges'

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
BBC News - Former US VP Al Gore 'will not face assault charges'

Quote(Former US Vice-President Al Gore will not face charges over allegations he groped and assaulted a masseuse in his hotel room in Portland, Oregon, in 2006, law enforcement officials say.)

So having denied that such an incident took place, but having his (good) name smeared over the Media will Mr. Gore now sue the National Enquirer and Ms Haggerty for this Libel and Slander?
Comments please.

My personal view is that he will not sue.

Fastest way for this story to die is for the Inventer of the Internet to ignore it.

If the story really is an Inconvenient Truth, the Mr Peace Prize For Making a Lying Movie won't want to stir anything up.

Anyway, Mr. Chicken Little is focused on getting his Cap and Tax scam enacted so he can become a billionaire by doing nothing useful.

This story is dead, and it never had legs anyway.

I think its good the charges are dropped. There is was no evidence that this occurred and this woman tried to sell this as a story to the national Enquirer, meaning that she is just a greedy hoe trying to make a fast buck. Just because he is a man made global warming fairy tale believer trying to push that nonsense down the throats of peoples does not mean we should jump on every lets get him band wagon.

Last edited:
I think its good the charges are dropped. There is was no evidence that this occurred and this woman tried to sell this as a story to the national Enquirer, meaning that she is just a greedy hoe trying to make a fast buck. Just because he is a man made global warming fairy tale believer trying to push that nonsense down the throats of peoples does not mean we should jump on every lets get him band wagon.

agreed-it sounded like a Rick Pitino moment to me. Al's a pimp but that doesn't mean he should be fair game for every sleazy gold digger that crosses paths with him.

Link
BBC News - Former US VP Al Gore 'will not face assault charges'

Quote(Former US Vice-President Al Gore will not face charges over allegations he groped and assaulted a masseuse in his hotel room in Portland, Oregon, in 2006, law enforcement officials say.)

So having denied that such an incident took place, but having his (good) name smeared over the Media will Mr. Gore now sue the National Enquirer and Ms Haggerty for this Libel and Slander?
Comments please.

He's not going to sue this lady. He'd have to prove he didn't. Think he wants to go there? He won't sue the Enquirer either. He just wants this to quietly go away. The Enquirer was just reporting the news. God help us if a newspaper can't do THAT anymore. You can bet the Enquirer doesn't print ANY story until their legal-eagles have blessed it.

will Mr. Gore now sue the National Enquirer and Ms Haggerty for this Libel and Slander?

In order to successfully sue her, he'd have to prove that she lied. In order to successfully sue the National Enquirer, he'd have to prove that she never made the allegations, in which case she'd want to sue the Enquirer more than he would.

There is was no evidence that this occurred
Apparently the prosecutor believes that there isn't enough evidence to prosecute and I'll give her/him the benefit of the doubt, but that's not the same thing as say there was "no evidence".

witnesses = evidence

maybe tipper will call her as a character witness during their divorce trial

Back
Top Bottom