• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former US commander Stanley McChrystal calls Trump dishonest and ‘immoral’

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Former US commander Stanley McChrystal calls Trump dishonest and ?immoral?

Retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the former commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, sharply criticized President Donald Trump on Sunday, calling him immoral and untruthful and taking aim at his foreign policy decisions.

In an interview on ABC News's "This Week," McChrystal told host Martha Raddatz of Trump, "I don't think he tells the truth." The general also responded affirmatively when asked whether he believes Trump is "immoral."

McChrystal said that contrary to Trump's claim, the Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIS, has not yet been defeated.

"I don't believe ISIS is defeated. I think ISIS is as much an idea as it is a number of ISIS fighters. There's a lot of intelligence that says there are actually more ISIS fighters around the world now than there were a couple of years ago," he said.
Unusual for a retired senior Officer publicly rebuke the President

Oh and yes Sen. Graham who called it an XXX, today is now all in, calls it a pause? WTF is that?

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/graham-trumps-syria-withdrawal-stain-on-honor-of-united-states

(CNN) - Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham called President Donald Trump's decision to immediately withdraw US troops from Syria a "disaster" and "a stain on the honor of the United States."

In a speech on the Senate floor Wednesday night, Graham, one of Trump's closest allies in Congress, called the move "disastrous to our own national security" and a decision that was made "against sound military advice." Graham said this decision would make Americans around the world and here at home "more at risk, not less."

Last edited:
Oh no. Trumpsters used to like that guy because of how he talked about Obama.

Ooops. One more general bites the dust.

Wasn't that the guy who thought Joe Biden was an idiot?

And Libbos used to hate him. :lamo

Former US commander Stanley McChrystal calls Trump dishonest and ?immoral?

Unusual for a retired senior Officer publicly rebuke the President

Oh and yes Sen. Graham who called it an XXX, today is now all in, calls it a pause? WTF is that?

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/graham-trumps-syria-withdrawal-stain-on-honor-of-united-states

Of course Trump is full of **** when he says, "ISIS is defeated." It's just like the time he told us that he made a great deal with Kim Jung Un, and the NK was ending their nuclear program. And like the other time, when he announced that he made a great deal with China and trade deal would end soon.

@hy? He has a right to express an opinion.

By the way, there's already a thread on this.

I am unable to view the link on my old iPad 2.

After this statement:

"I don't believe ISIS is defeated. I think ISIS is as much an idea as it is a number of ISIS fighters. There's a lot of intelligence that says there are actually more ISIS fighters around the world now than there were a couple of years ago," he said.

The next obvious question would be "where, exactly, are these additional ISIS fighters and do you suggest that we send US troops to (all of) those places to fight them?".

The problem, IMHO, is that once the US goes down that rabbit hole (idea fighting) then we are indeed fighting an endless 'war on terror' since our exit from those many (and expanding?) places would be impossible "at the present time" as it seems to be now in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. Obviously, as long as there are Islamists then they will want an Islamic State and will use terror to try to achieve it - yet we are assured that we are not at war with Islamists (the idea).

I guess y'all love McChrystal, now. :lamo

I think it is more that those who were once thought in his camp are coming out and stating Trump is a total failure.

I think it is more that those who were once thought in his camp are coming out and stating Trump is a total failure.

McChrystal is a raging Liberal. That's why Obama hired him to run the show in Afghanistan. Personally, his opinion of President Trump come as no surprise to me.

And your point is?

You are trying to act as if McChrystal's opinion of President Trump is some kind of shocker. The fact that he trashed his own CIC makes your suggestion null and void.

McChrystal is a raging Liberal. That's why Obama hired him to run the show in Afghanistan. Personally, his opinion of President Trump come as no surprise to me.

The opinion that Trump is a failure shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The opinion that Trump is a failure shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

There are plenty of people see Obama as a failure. What's your point? Are you surprised?

I am unable to view the link on my old iPad 2.

After this statement:

The next obvious question would be "where, exactly, are these additional ISIS fighters and do you suggest that we send US troops to (all of) those places to fight them?".

The problem, IMHO, is that once the US goes down that rabbit hole (idea fighting) then we are indeed fighting an endless 'war on terror' since our exit from those many (and expanding?) places would be impossible "at the present time" as it seems to be now in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. Obviously, as long as there are Islamists then they will want an Islamic State and will use terror to try to achieve it - yet we are assured that we are not at war with Islamists (the idea).

We fought an idea during WW2.

We fought an idea during WW2.

Nope, we fought three nation's forces wherever they were found and tried to cut off their supplies by destroying any facility that was supplying them. At the end we used nuclear bombs to take the will to fight, even to defend their homeland, from them. We did not fight the idea of an Italian, German or Japanese nation we fought the idea of them taking more territory by force.

I suspect it had a bit more to do with the fact that McCrystal had been head of Joint Special Operations Command in Iraq.

Nope, we fought three nation's forces where they were found and tried to cut off their supplies by destroying any facility that was supplying them. At the end we used nuclear bombs to take the will to fight, even to defend their homeland, from them. We did not fight the idea of an Italian, German or Japanese nation we fought the idea of them taking more territory by force.

We fought against the idea of Fascism. Then, we fought the idea of Communism. Both ideas attemptex to dominate the globe, just like Islamocism is attempting to do.

I suspect it had a bit more to do with the fact that McCrystal had been head of Joint Special Operations Command in Iraq.

And that he was a raging Liberal.

Back
Top Bottom