• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Ukrainian President Yushchenko says Biden's Putin comment was 'absolutely correct'

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Former Ukrainian President Yushchenko says Biden's Putin comment was 'absolutely correct'

President Biden made international waves over the weekend after an unplanned remark in a Saturday speech went viral for appearing to call for regime change in Russia. "A dictator bent on rebuilding an empire will never erase a people's love for liberty," Biden said, alluding to Russian President Vladimir Putin. "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power." The White House later walked back the president's comment, making clear he was "not discussing Putin's power in Russia, or regime change." Former Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko, however, on Monday told CNN's John Berman that he was pleased to hear Biden's ad lib arrive when it did. "I think Ukraine and Ukrainians were waiting for a long time for such a statement," Yushchenko said. "I think this statement is absolutely correct as to the challenges of our times." "Before, there were some words and statements [that] were not particularly diplomatic as to Putin and his regime, but I totally share this side of the story," he went on. "When President Biden says Putin is evil. I think that this is a very correct statement." Yushchenko also told Berman he believes Putin is "panicking," and now "wouldn't be surprised" if the Russian president decides to use chemical or nuclear weapons against Ukraine. Roughly three weeks ago, Yushchenko said he didn't think Putin would resort to the nuclear option.

No worse that Ronald Reagan's "Evil Empire" comment.

I agree with Joe Biden. Putin is an obvious war criminal and a serial/mass murderer who should be nowhere near a nuclear launch button.

While I do believe he was stating the obvious..
There are reasons we shouldn't provoke Putin any further. Moldova is sitting there holding its breath.

I agree with Joe Biden. Putin is an obvious war criminal and a serial/mass murderer who should be nowhere near a nuclear launch button.
I agree with Biden but don't think he should have said it out loud. What's done is done.

I think where the mistake was is the WH staff trying to walk it back. Should have just left it alone

"We begin bombing in five minutes"

---Ronald Reagan, 1984

There are reasons we shouldn't provoke Putin any further. Moldova is sitting there holding its breath.
Maybe Moldova should make nice with Transnistria, given Mariupol has all but fallen they maybe want this issue resolved before the Russians begin the Odessa offensive

What has the US or NATO done to really stop this fight? If they gave a sh*t there would have been boots on the ground before the fighting started. Instead they did what? Economic sanctions? Did that stop Putin? And some people are still afraid of provoking Putin? A little late for that. Putin kicked the shit out of the west. He made the west look cowardly. As he plans his next venture what does he have to worry about? This is like Carter and the Iranian crisis all over again. The crisis will end when Putin says it will end.

What's he gonna do? Litter their country with Russian corpses, too?

What has the US or NATO done to really stop this fight? If they gave a sh*t there would have been boots on the ground before the fighting started. Instead they did what? Economic sanctions? Did that stop Putin? And some people are still afraid of provoking Putin? A little late for that. Putin kicked the shit out of the west. He made the west look cowardly. As he plans his next venture what does he have to worry about? This is like Carter and the Iranian crisis all over again. The crisis will end when Putin says it will end.

The Ukraine is not a member of NATO.

Moldova is a very poor and corrupt country also. They can't afford to lose anything. This situation is really awful.

See the Moldovan government, who is probably not making their decisions based on Ukie propaganda, is going to be far more concerned about this.

After laying waste to the Ukrainian army the Moldovan one will be at most a speed bump.

Moldova is a very poor and corrupt country also. They can't afford to lose anything. This situation is really awful.
My guess is that we've been carting MANPADS and javelins in for weeks.

What would be awful is if the Moldovans want to keep messing around claiming Transnistria is really there’s. the Moldovans should approve and recognize Transnistria sovereignty right away, unless they want to see a lot of camo-clad Russian tourists driving tanks in Chisnau.

And if I were Putin after spending all the effort to take Mariupol and then Odessa, might as well go one step further.

My guess is that we've been carting MANPADS and javelins in for weeks.
Which won’t amount to anything. As the campaign in Ukraine is showing the Ukies have lost effective control of a third of their country. It’s amazing to hear a modern recycling of the Goebbels telling the defenders of Berlin that the WunderWaffe were coming at any minute. But alas it wasn’t true and wunderwaffe doesn’t win wars against superior opponents

No one can save Moldova if Putin decides to invade. He has troops right on Moldova's eastern border as I type this.

**** Puitn.

Back
Top Bottom