• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Former Tom Delay Aide, Tony Rudy, Pleads Guilty in Abramoff Scandal

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Another day, another conviction. Rudy, who was a top aide to Tom Delay during the time Delay was joined at the hip with Jack Abramoff, has agreed to turn state's evidence in exchange for a lenient prison sentence. As part of the agreement, Rudy has only been convicted of conspiracy. Although nobody knows whether or not this will necessarily result in the indictment of Tom Delay, legal analyst Andrew Cohen says that the closer the guilty pleas get to Delay, the his legal position is threatened, as the government's hand is strengthened. Personally, I would like to see Delay get off the hook on Federal charges. Why? Because, if convicted in Texas, he will do real time in a real prison, not a Federal country club.

Article is here.

danarhea said:
Another day, another conviction. Rudy, who was a top aide to Tom Delay during the time Delay was joined at the hip with Jack Abramoff, has agreed to turn state's evidence in exchange for a lenient prison sentence. As part of the agreement, Rudy has only been convicted of conspiracy. Although nobody knows whether or not this will necessarily result in the indictment of Tom Delay, legal analyst Andrew Cohen says that the closer the guilty pleas get to Delay, the his legal position is threatened, as the government's hand is strengthened. Personally, I would like to see Delay get off the hook on Federal charges. Why? Because, if convicted in Texas, he will do real time in a real prison, not a Federal country club.

Article is here.

I'm pretty sick of all this. One after another corrupt officials keep coming out, catch them all!
I think the only way is to clean house. Clear out the entire senate and house of all of them and bring in a fresh batch of new ppl. I know it's impossible but I'd really like to see some change. Especially with regards to districting and finance reforms.

Hell replace the entire congress with DP members lol. We have a good proportion of everyone, but none of us I don't think are corrupt.

Dunno if it will result in the indictment of Delay, but it certainly couldn't be a good omen for Delay.

[mod mode]

Moving to a better home.

[/mod mode]

Back
Top Bottom