• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz: "I am seriously thinking of running for president"

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In a tight race, well, Dems remember what the effect of Ralph Nadir was on the Gore/Bush election. A centrist would pull more from the left, methinks, than the right, especially if Schultz is pro-choice.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politics/howard-schultz-starbucks-2020-president/index.html

Several Democrats have voiced concern over a potential Schultz White House bid, including (Julian) Castro on Sunday morning. Castro told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," he is concerned that if Schultz runs "it would provide Donald Trump with his best hope of getting re-elected."

In my view, Dems best hope is Kamala Harris, I listened to her today on her announcement, I felt similar vibes as I got when I heard Obama speak. It was moving. She could be the candidate we're looking for, someone who could galvanize the left, and mop the floor with what's left of Trump's scalp ( righties, we know you don't like her ) so if she is the nominee I think she would beat Trump by a big enough margin to not be thwarted by a Schultz run.

However, no one knows, at this point, he's not formally announced it.

Last edited:
Re: Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz: "I am seriously thinking of running for president"

In a tight race, well, Dems remember what the effect of Ralph Nadir was on the Gore/Bush election. A centrist would pull more from the left, methinks, than the right, especially if Schultz is pro-choice.

In my view, Dems best hope is Kamala Harris, I listened to her today on her announcement, I felt similar vibes as I got when I heard Obama speak. It was moving. She could be the candidate we're looking for, someone who could galvanize the left, and mop the floor with what's left of Trump's scalp ( righties, we know you don't like her ) so if she is the nominee I think she would beat Trump by a big enough margin to not be thwarted by a Schultz run.

However, no one knows, at this point, he's not formally announced it.

Got that thrill up your leg?

Re: Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz: "I am seriously thinking of running for president"

In a tight race, well, Dems remember what the effect of Ralph Nadir was on the Gore/Bush election. A centrist would pull more from the left, methinks, than the right, especially if Schultz is pro-choice...

I agree, the Dems would be the losers and I believe like anyone with any political sense, he knows it too. America doesn't need another rich white male billionaire/millionaire in the WH ...

I agree, the Dems would be the losers and I believe like anyone with any political sense, he knows it too. America doesn't need another rich white male billionaire/millionaire in the WH ...

I don't know much about this guy other than who he is. I agree with you. The rich billionaire who knows jack about politics isn't working now. Not sure why anyone would think it will work with this man.

Got that thrill up your leg?

I am not sure how smart she is though. She claims that walls don't work but from what i see she has a wall/fence around her home.
she should probably take it down since they don't work.

as for this guy i would have to wait and see what his platform is first before making any decision.

I am not sure how smart she is though. She claims that walls don't work but from what i see she has a wall/fence around her home.
she should probably take it down since they don't work.

as for this guy i would have to wait and see what his platform is first before making any decision.

Conservatives are very fond of their simplistic analogies. What's the possible differences between a fence or door for a home and a 2000 mile international border?

Conservatives are very fond of their simplistic analogies. What's the possible differences between a fence or door for a home and a 2000 mile international border?

no we are very fond of using logic when making statements that other people want to use as fact.
no the reason that she has a fence around her house is because it does work and it does keep people out of her back yard etc ...

So walls do work. As that lovely CNN reporter proved walls on the border to do work.
as our border patrol has stated walls do work in helping keep people out/reducing traffic.

Back
Top Bottom