• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Sentenced to 2.5 years

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
WASHINGTON—Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was sentenced to 2½ years in prison, after a tearful courtroom apology to his father and family for misusing $750,000 in campaign funds.

"I misled the American people. I misled the House of Representatives... I was wrong and I don't fault anyone," Mr. Jackson told a packed federal courtroom in Washington, D.C.

Mr. Jackson wept openly as he talked about the pain he had caused his family, particularly his father, civil-rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson.

"I also want to apologize to my dad and my mother," he said, breaking down.

Watching from the spectator section of the courtroom, the elder Mr. Jackson shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"I need to be as far away from everybody for a while as I can be," the younger Mr. Jackson said.

...read the rest at Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Sentenced to 2½ Years - WSJ.com

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, at how an ELECTED OFFICIAL can be corrupt. I hope the wise Al Sharpton shows me the light like he has with many recent cases that the racist justice system has gotten wrong. I know this to be true because it's how I FEEL. /s

WASHINGTON—Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was sentenced to 2½ years in prison, after a tearful courtroom apology to his father and family for misusing $750,000 in campaign funds.

"I misled the American people. I misled the House of Representatives... I was wrong and I don't fault anyone," Mr. Jackson told a packed federal courtroom in Washington, D.C.

Mr. Jackson wept openly as he talked about the pain he had caused his family, particularly his father, civil-rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Watching from the spectator section of the courtroom, the elder Mr. Jackson shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"I need to be as far away from everybody for a while as I can be," the younger Mr. Jackson said.

...read the rest at Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Sentenced to 2½ Years - WSJ.com

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, at how an ELECTED OFFICIAL can be corrupt. I hope the wise Al Sharpton shows me the light like he has with many recent cases that the racist justice system has gotten wrong. I know this to be true because it's how I FEEL. /s

For $300,000 per year of incarceration, in a federal prison, I would volunteer. ;)

LOL! :mrgreen:

He should have had The Clinton Crime Family advise him on how to scam the system for maximum profit.

Back
Top Bottom