• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Obama visits the White House for the first time in 5 year

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

The White House announced a proposed removal of the "family glitch," which prevents millions of families from qualifying for subsidies on health insurance marketplaces even if one family member can access an affordable individual plan through their job.

The White House estimates that fix — which if finalized would go into effect next January — could increase insurance affordability for around one million people and give 200,000 uninsured individuals access to coverage.

======
Continuing to improve health coverage for Americans.

The White House announced a proposed removal of the "family glitch," which prevents millions of families from qualifying for subsidies on health insurance marketplaces even if one family member can access an affordable individual plan through their job.

The White House estimates that fix — which if finalized would go into effect next January — could increase insurance affordability for around one million people and give 200,000 uninsured individuals access to coverage.

======
Oh sugar. I thought as I was reading that, it was going to say unveiled his official portrait. Which Trump would have no part of.

I was hoping you were going to say we'd get that public option that Obama said would come on down the road.

Oh sugar. I thought as I was reading that, it was going to say unveiled his official portrait. Which Trump would have no part of.
I understands Trump's official portrait will be hung in the room where he wrote his best work, the toilet. Seems kind of appropriate.

======
This is how a former President should conduct himself.

I understands Trump's official portrait will be hung in the room where he wrote his best work, the toilet. Seems kind of appropriate.
I read he went with a photo. It was a good one. Not sure if there will also be an oil. Haven't heard about one.

I was hoping you were going to say we'd get that public option that Obama said would come on down the road.
Too many Republicans in the Senate and the House.

If you want the public option, we need more Democrats.

I read he went with a photo. It was a good one. Not sure if there will also be an oil. Haven't heard about one.
I don't believe there is a paint pigment to match that odd hair color, albino ferret?

Ought to put it in the toilet. Target practice.

He looked grey.

Repeal and replace 😂

What a con, that big beautiful health care plan to be unveiled in 2 weeks? 🙄

A carnival barker and his rubes

ACA is no big win. It's insurance at the end of a sword.

What we need is single payer with universal coverage. Not an Insurance Buffet of garbage coverage.

Is it better than nothing? Not by much.

There were some odd clips of lots of social engagement (handshakes, smiles, etc.) of Obama with others and of Joe kind of walking around, very nearby, aimlessly and alone. Then, more of Biden kind of trying to work his way into the group and being ignored. Kamala did manage to successfully place herself in the middle of the action.

I was a bit surprised to hear Obama talking about how there were 20 million people on ACA (I think when he was in office) and now there are 30 million. He said that in a very positive way with a big smile. My thought was, after all this time, it's only gone from 20 to 30 million. That's a quite low percentage of the population.

Still waiting for universal healthcare.
It would be nice to know if you really need surgery or the surgeon really needs a house payment.

The stupid tax penalty removed, and now this? Awesome.

Wish we had passed universal healthcare, but the slow and continued improvement to the ACA is a distant 3rd.

There were some odd clips of lots of social engagement (handshakes, smiles, etc.) of Obama with others and of Joe kind of walking around, very nearby, aimlessly and alone. Then, more of Biden kind of trying to work his way into the group and being ignored. Kamala did manage to successfully place herself in the middle of the action.
I noticed that too. It is pretty sad when the POTUS has to pander to get someone from his own party to talk to him. They treated him like a leper.

It would be nice to know if you really need surgery or the surgeon really needs a house payment.
What would be nice is not needing to worry about employment to have health care. I know someone who lost their health care, because cobra was too expensive, and when they got sick, they exceeded the amount of time for medical leave and got laid off. That was before the ACA though, and before there was the 'out of pocket' max.

I was a bit surprised to hear Obama talking about how there were 20 million people on ACA (I think when he was in office) and now there are 30 million. He said that in a very positive way with a big smile. My thought was, after all this time, it's only gone from 20 to 30 million. That's a quite low percentage of the population.
Sigh. I wish you people understood things better.

Back
Top Bottom