• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Obama visits the White House for the first time in 5 year

ROFLAMO, amazing how liberals like you are so selfish that you want your federal taxes to subsidize your state and local taxes. Rates went down but finally you are seeing what the cost of liberalism truly is. Withholding rates do indeed determine federal taxes. Cannot believe how poorly educated many liberals are.
Withholding rates determine taxes exactly how?

And the leftist media, Democrats and leftist all stroked themselves so hard they came all over each other, and volunteered to swallow.

Meanwhile, the President of the US, Biden, was condemned to be ignored in the throng rushing to Obama. You guys elected a looser.

Just to get rid of a bigger loser.

Link to me saying that? I just think Trump was Putin's best useful idiot.

That sounds like something Hillary wrote, without any forethought btw, over on Twitter.

That's what I thought.

Link to me saying that? I just think Trump was Putin's best useful idiot.
I would bet the farm that you were on the Russian collusion bandwagon. I don't need to look it up.

"And" nothing. You tossed out "Tucker" and that single word comment from you made me wonder how you felt about that event and how you felt Biden looked/acted/and was treated at the event.
Do you want to share what your opinion was?
I don't think very much about that event. No one would even know it took place if right wing media wasn't deceptively editing footage of it and using it to mislead its audiences. Biden was looking for a woman that he helped onto the stage/platform a nanosecond after the Fox News clip was cut. I think it's a lot of manufactured drama about something little more than nothing. And judging by the response in this thread, it worked. It usually does.

All that said, I think Biden is too old to be president. He doesn't have dementia. He's not confused about his surroundings or his whereabouts. He's not senile. He exhibits the degrading language skills of an elderly person. His body movements appear stiffer each year, which is typical for a person approaching age 80. All things considered, including this latest tempest in a teapot, I'm pretty sure that Biden is lucid and in command of his mental faculties, his bodily functions, and the federal government and military of the most powerful country on the planet. I also think that we should be looking to younger people to lead us. I supported Buttigieg in 2020 and would much rather see someone more like Trudeau, Macron, Marin, or Ardern.

Reactions: JMR
That sounds like something Hillary wrote, without any forethought btw, over on Twitter.
If you read Twitter, that's your problem. If you read Hillary Clinton on Twitter, that's your obsession.

Ask me if I give a shit.
I doubt you do. I don't either. These kkkultists stumbling around the internet breathlessly mouth shitting their propaganda onto the rest of the world are insufferable. Hillary Clinton to Hunter Biden to Barack Obama. Rinse and repeat.

CNN and Politico, huh? Just more TDS motivated fake news.
That's the spirit. If you see something you don't like, call it fake news and pretend it never happened. You all have dug that rut so deep in the past six years or so that that there's no dragging that double wide out of it anymore. Just keep careening down the hill in a path that was predetermined.

I don't think very much about that event. No one would even know it took place if right wing media wasn't deceptively editing footage of it and using it to mislead its audiences. Biden was looking for a woman that he helped onto the stage/platform a nanosecond after the Fox News clip was cut. I think it's a lot of manufactured drama about something little more than nothing. And judging by the response in this thread, it worked. It usually does.

All that said, I think Biden is too old to be president. He doesn't have dementia. He's not confused about his surroundings or his whereabouts. He's not senile. He exhibits the degrading language skills of an elderly person. His body movements appear stiffer each year, which is typical for a person approaching age 80. All things considered, including this latest tempest in a teapot, I'm pretty sure that Biden is lucid and in command of his mental faculties, his bodily functions, and the federal government and military of the most powerful country on the planet. I also think that we should be looking to younger people to lead us. I supported Buttigieg in 2020 and would much rather see someone more like Trudeau, Macron, Marin, or Ardern.

I agree with much of what you said, but this part stood out because I definitely think we need to look to younger leaders the next go around. It's not because I don't think older citizens aren't capable, but it would be good to have a younger perspective on the country's direction. I understand those in politics who have a lot of experience tend to skew on the older side, but too much experience can be a hindrance to new ways of addressing issues; it's often within the context of the existing paradigm versus looking to change the paradigm altogether.

I agree with much of what you said, but this part stood out because I definitely think we need to look to younger leaders the next go around. It's not because I don't think older citizens aren't capable, but it would be good to have a younger perspective on the country's direction. I understand those in politics who have a lot of experience tend to skew on the older side, but too much experience can be a hindrance to new ways of addressing issues; it's often within the context of the existing paradigm versus looking to change the paradigm altogether.
The world changes so quickly now that I think too much experience is actually a bad thing. Humans are creatures of habit and necessarily become used to things the way they know them. Aging people are not incapable of learning, growing, and evolving, but they face resistance that younger people don't. Younger people also tend to be more idealistic, optimistic, and hopeful. Their concept of possibilities is usually wider than people older than them. They have less of a tendency to view politics in zero sum terms, which opens more options and willingness to compromise. I don't think Biden is a bad president, but I can imagine a younger president being better.

The world changes so quickly now that I think too much experience is actually a bad thing. Humans are creatures of habit and necessarily become used to things the way they know them. Aging people are not incapable of learning, growing, and evolving, but they face resistance that younger people don't. Younger people also tend to be more idealistic, optimistic, and hopeful. Their concept of possibilities is usually wider than people older than them. They have less of a tendency to view politics in zero sum terms, which opens more options and willingness to compromise. I don't think Biden is a bad president, but I can imagine a younger president being better.
Yes and no. Experience can be a hindrance if a person relies on it exclusively as a way to chart their course through everything, and that's where an individuals mental pliability comes into play. I make a concerted effort to keep an open mind rather than just falling back into the realm of past experience, which becomes a harder task as the years go by. There is an ever growing temptation to always look at the world through the lens of past experience versus just seeing it without. I'm reminded of this every time my teenage daughter jokes that I'm "such an old man". That comment often serves as a reminder to not just think of a given issue through the perspective of past experience, but also be able to contextualize it against the way younger people are thinking about those very same issues.

I obviously can't speak to where Biden is in terms of how he views the world, but he doesn't appear to be very rigid in his perspective. The fact he's been a broker throughout much of his career reinforces the idea that he is a bit more pliable than other who hold narrower views. That said, I still think we could use the views of someone from a different generation as president, if for anything else, a change from the current trend.

Yes and no. Experience can be a hindrance if a person relies on it exclusively as a way to chart their course through everything, and that's where an individuals mental pliability comes into play. I make a concerted effort to keep an open mind rather than just falling back into the realm of past experience, which becomes a harder task as the years go by. There is an ever growing temptation to always look at the world through the lens of past experience versus just seeing it without. I'm reminded of this every time my teenage daughter jokes that I'm "such an old man". That comment often serves as a reminder to not just think of a given issue through the perspective of past experience, but also be able to contextualize it against the way younger people are thinking about those very same issues.

I obviously can't speak to where Biden is in terms of how he views the world, but he doesn't appear to be very rigid in his perspective. The fact he's been a broker throughout much of his career reinforces the idea that he is a bit more pliable than other who hold narrower views. That said, I still think we could use the views of someone from a different generation as president, if for anything else, a change from the current trend.
I'll agree with that. As far as near-octogenarians go I think Biden is about as flexible as they come. One of his biggest hindrances seems to come from the fact that he still views the Congress as a functioning institution. I appreciate his optimism, but I think it unnecessarily limits him.

I'll agree with that. As far as near-octogenarians go I think Biden is about as flexible as they come. One of his biggest hindrances seems to come from the fact that he still views the Congress as a functioning institution. I appreciate his optimism, but I think it unnecessarily limits him.
Yeah, and I can't help but wonder how much of that is just what he projects versus what he actually believes. It's hard to gauge because he has so many established relationships in Congress that I can see how that makes it easier to think he can work something out with former colleagues.

It's less that the Congress as a functioning institution and more that he assumes that Republicans will act in good faith, the way they did in the olden days. Obama made that same mistake all through his first term -- not accepting that Republicans can't be taken at their word, act in the best interests of the country or will follow established norms. #SupremeCourtJusticeMerrickGarland

It's less that the Congress as a functioning institution and more that he assumes that Republicans will act in good faith, the way they did in the olden days. Obama made that same mistake all through his first term -- not accepting that Republicans can't be taken at their word, act in the best interests of the country or will follow established norms. #SupremeCourtJusticeMerrickGarland
I think liberals are less cynical by nature and want to believe in the goodness of people by necessity. Unfortunately, a lot of people are absolute dog shit.

Back
Top Bottom