• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Obama visits the White House for the first time in 5 year

No it wasn't.

Obama was there to talk about ACA.
OK. And why do you think he needed to 'talk about the ACA'? Or have a special event to celebrate it with Biden?

Since I don't expect a straightforward answer - Biden's popularity has tanked, and he's done a horrible job. He would like to 'remind' democrats of the 'good old days' and previous perceived successes, as well as reinforce his ties to the MUCH more popular Obama.

That was really classless on the part of Obama.
Sure was. I guess that level of narcissism doesn't have an OFF switch. Unless it was intentional.

OK. And why do you think he needed to 'talk about the ACA'? Or have a special event to celebrate it with Biden?

Since I don't expect a straightforward answer - Biden's popularity has tanked, and he's done a horrible job. He would like to 'remind' democrats of the 'good old days' and previous perceived successes, as well as reinforce his ties to the MUCH more popular Obama.
I don't give a shit about Biden's popularity.

"Former President Barack Obama made his first public appearance at the White House since leaving office, attending a Tuesday event celebrating the Affordable Care Act (ACA) where President Biden announced a change to the health care law intended to give some Americans the ability to buy cheaper plans."

This is Obama's baby. Why not have the guy who got it off the ground to help celebrate how it continues to grow.

I don't give a shit about Biden's popularity.

"Former President Barack Obama made his first public appearance at the White House since leaving office, attending a Tuesday event celebrating the Affordable Care Act (ACA) where President Biden announced a change to the health care law intended to give some Americans the ability to buy cheaper plans."

This is Obama's baby. Why not have the guy who got it off the ground to help celebrate how it continues to grow.
You may not care about Biden's popularity, but members of congress in contested races care a LOT. Arguably, that includes all Democrats, as they are likely to lose control of the Senate, and possibly the house, in the mid-terms.

Those moments were very weird.
I think there was hope the event would bolster Biden's polling/image. Both left and right media were discussing that in recent days, thinking it might. I'm wondering if it will, because it seemed to be/looked like yet another Biden flop. Certainly it was a popular moment for Obama but it looked to me as if it may backfire on Biden.
When Tucker discussed it last night, he's wondering what the Dems are up to - as in do they now have some plan to oust Biden and was the ignoring/excluding more of a plan than an unfortunate backfire. If he's right, it will be interesting to witness the Dem oust Biden method - both how they'd pull it off and who they have in mind to elevate.
Kamala was sure in the middle of the "popular" group yesterday. Was that part of a plan or did she just successfully place herself there? Could Kamala possibly be the person Dems have in mind to elevate? That seems unlikely to me but are they feeling that desperate and out of options?
Maybe that was just a massive backfire - the plan to have a positive image of Biden and Obama being side by side not working out. But if it was just a backfire, it looked to be a rather big one, really portraying Biden as out of the loop and out of it in general.
Tucker. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What did you think of the "Biden look" during the Obama visit? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Has no one informed you yet that the "doctored" clips shown by Laura and Tucker were edited to fit their story line?
If not, take a look at some of the other threads here, or try something other than Fox. The full clips are readily available.

Has no one informed you yet that the "doctored" clips shown by Laura and Tucker were edited to fit their story line?
If not, take a look at some of the other threads here, or try something other than Fox. The full clips are readily available.
When you say "doctored" you mean "edited" which is normal.

These don't help. For example, Biden wandering around the stage looking lost is still just that. The fact that he eventually helps a woman up onto the stage and leads her over to a group of people (to "introduce her") doesn't make it look any better. Glad that he found a way to be helpful, but that's not his job. He's the president - staff members should be helping people onto the stage and leading them over to meet him.

When you say "doctored" you mean "edited" which is normal.

These don't help. For example, Biden wandering around the stage looking lost is still just that. The fact that he eventually helps a woman up onto the stage and leads her over to a group of people (to "introduce her") doesn't make it look any better. Glad that he found a way to be helpful, but that's not his job. He's the president - staff members should be helping people onto the stage and leading them over to meet him.
The fact that Fox needs to edit their video to make a point that is not valid seems to escape you.
Thank you for the laugh that Biden helping someone to the stage is unpresidential.....lol. ...he has such a high bar to meet the standards of his defeated predecessor:rolleyes:

Oh sugar. I thought as I was reading that, it was going to say unveiled his official portrait. Which Trump would have no part of.

Trump’s official portrait hangs in a country club he owns in Westchester County. His fake charity paid for it.

You have been indoctrinated well, focus on a former President out of office or over a year Amazing what liberal propaganda and lies will create. Never in my life have I seen such hatred for a President who allowed you to keep more of what you earn and promoted personal responsibility. Guess that is just too much for some people.
There's a very good reason you see so much hate for Trump. He earned it.

Trump’s official portrait hangs in a country club he owns in Westchester County. His fake charity paid for it.
He's had a lot of portraits, but the official oil for the WH hasn't been determined.

There's a very good reason you see so much hate for Trump. He earned it.
Not for the 74 million that voted for him on policies and results not his personality and rhetoric. Biden is what you get out of hatred for an individual and ignorance of policies and results. Have you sent your Trump tax cuts back?

Not for the 74 million that voted for him on policies and results not his personality and rhetoric. Biden is what you get out of hatred for an individual and ignorance of policies and results. Have you sent your Trump tax cuts back?
I got a Trump tax increase. They made me pay it.

I got a Trump tax increase. They made me pay it.
Really? another liberal who believes the federal gov't should subsidize your high state and local taxes? Why do you think people making the same income should be able to fully deduct their high state and local taxes when others don't have high state and local taxes to deduct?

ACA is no big win. It's insurance at the end of a sword.

What we need is single payer with universal coverage. Not an Insurance Buffet of garbage coverage.

Is it better than nothing? Not by much.

Of cpurse. But the GOP will die on the cross of the health care industry to prevent that from happening.

Of cpurse. But the GOP will die on the cross of the health care industry to prevent that from happening.
Where did you learn that it was the taxpayers responsibility to pay for your healthcare? is there something in your history that didn't teach you personal responsibility? those that loved Obama need the taxpayer funding of personal responsibilities, those that love keeping more of what they earn support the Conservative policies

Really? another liberal who believes the federal gov't should subsidize your high state and local taxes? Why do you think people making the same income should be able to fully deduct their high state and local taxes when others don't have high state and local taxes to deduct?
I tend not to argue this point with red staters who think they are carrying the government on their backs....lol

But just imagine that the income for the same job is higher is states that have a higher cost of living, and your sense of "fairness" expects they should either move, or pay a larger percent of their salary to the US Gov't (to be sent to a low tax state)

I assume you cannot imagine that.

I tend not to argue this point with red staters who think they are carrying the government on their backs....lol
No but you have no problem showing your ignorance regarding taxes and deductions
But just imagine that the income for the same job is higher is states that have a higher cost of living, and your sense of "fairness" expects they should either move, or pay a larger percent of their salary to the US Gov't (to be sent to a low tax state)

I assume you cannot imagine that.
What causes cost of living?

Fairness? what gives you the right to determine what is fair for others?

Paying a large percentage of your salary to the federal gov't because of lower state and local tax deductions? why do you think state and local taxes should be fully deductible? Do you know what your FIT Funds?

Back
Top Bottom