• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Obama visits the White House for the first time in 5 year

There were some odd clips of lots of social engagement (handshakes, smiles, etc.) of Obama with others and of Joe kind of walking around, very nearby, aimlessly and alone. Then, more of Biden kind of trying to work his way into the group and being ignored. Kamala did manage to successfully place herself in the middle of the action.

There's an even more embarrassing one than the clip below but don't have a short clip of it yet. Pretty sad.

Was Michael there too? Or was (insert pronoun preference) with him or helping in the kitchen? Got to make sure there was plenty to eat.

There's an even more embarrassing one than the clip below but don't have a short clip of it yet. Pretty sad.

You guys are desperate. It's no wonder why you lose elections.

ACA is no big win. It's insurance at the end of a sword.

What we need is single payer with universal coverage. Not an Insurance Buffet of garbage coverage.

Is it better than nothing? Not by much.

Let me guess, you vote for reactionary rightwing candidates because the Dems just aren't left enough for you.

I was a bit surprised to hear Obama talking about how there were 20 million people on ACA (I think when he was in office) and now there are 30 million. He said that in a very positive way with a big smile. My thought was, after all this time, it's only gone from 20 to 30 million. That's a quite low percentage of the population.

As designed.

The White House announced a proposed removal of the "family glitch," which prevents millions of families from qualifying for subsidies on health insurance marketplaces even if one family member can access an affordable individual plan through their job.

The White House estimates that fix — which if finalized would go into effect next January — could increase insurance affordability for around one million people and give 200,000 uninsured individuals access to coverage.

======
Continuing to improve health coverage for Americans.
OH MY GOD. Did you see the videos of that clusterf?
Biden invites Obama in hoping some of Obama's slick practiced gravitas would rub off on him and all he accomplished was documenting the contrast.
It was embarrassing for Joe. Everyone wanted to glad-hand with Obama and Joe was left standing there alone.
He wandered around the floor like the old guy on the street who forgot where he lives.
At one point he put his hand on Obama's shoulder to get his attention, called his name, and Obama ignored him.
He was left standing there ignored with his hand on Obama's shoulder for a humiliating length of time.
Anyone with any sense would have stepped away from the adoring crowd, smile and watch approvingly while it all played out but I guess Jill wasn't around to provide direction.
It was humiliating for the old dude.
Today's WAPO account of the event left all that out.

Biden invites Obama in hoping some of Obama's slick practiced gravitas would rub off on him and all he accomplished was documenting the contrast.
It was embarrassing for Joe. Everyone wanted to glad-hand with Obama and Joe was left standing there alone.
He wandered around the floor like the old guy on the street who forgot where he lives.
At one point he put his hand on Obama's shoulder to get his attention, called his name, and Obama ignored him.
He was left standing there ignored with his hand on Obama's shoulder for a humiliating length of time.
Anyone with any sense would have stepped away from the adoring crowd, smile and watch approvingly while it all played out but I guess Jill wasn't around to provide direction.
Those moments were very weird.
I think there was hope the event would bolster Biden's polling/image. Both left and right media were discussing that in recent days, thinking it might. I'm wondering if it will, because it seemed to be/looked like yet another Biden flop. Certainly it was a popular moment for Obama but it looked to me as if it may backfire on Biden.
When Tucker discussed it last night, he's wondering what the Dems are up to - as in do they now have some plan to oust Biden and was the ignoring/excluding more of a plan than an unfortunate backfire. If he's right, it will be interesting to witness the Dem oust Biden method - both how they'd pull it off and who they have in mind to elevate.
Kamala was sure in the middle of the "popular" group yesterday. Was that part of a plan or did she just successfully place herself there? Could Kamala possibly be the person Dems have in mind to elevate? That seems unlikely to me but are they feeling that desperate and out of options?
Maybe that was just a massive backfire - the plan to have a positive image of Biden and Obama being side by side not working out. But if it was just a backfire, it looked to be a rather big one, really portraying Biden as out of the loop and out of it in general.

The good news is that 200K people will now gain coverage and nearly a million Americans will get more affordable coverage.

I did not vote for the man, twice. I criticized him a lot when he was POTUS. But seeing him there made me realize he was the last real leader this country had. We went to a loser clown who ended up losing to a very old man.

The White House announced a proposed removal of the "family glitch," which prevents millions of families from qualifying for subsidies on health insurance marketplaces even if one family member can access an affordable individual plan through their job.

The White House estimates that fix — which if finalized would go into effect next January — could increase insurance affordability for around one million people and give 200,000 uninsured individuals access to coverage.

======
Continuing to improve health coverage for Americans.
Obviously, trying to boost Biden's popularity by reminiscing about the 'good old days'

Oh sugar. I thought as I was reading that, it was going to say unveiled his official portrait. Which Trump would have no part of.

I thought maybe it would hang in the FOX studio since he got most of his “policy” by watching it all day every day.

Those moments were very weird.
I think there was hope the event would bolster Biden's polling/image. Both left and right media were discussing that in recent days, thinking it might. I'm wondering if it will, because it seemed to be/looked like yet another Biden flop. Certainly it was a popular moment for Obama but it looked to me as if it may backfire on Biden.
When Tucker discussed it last night, he's wondering what the Dems are up to - as in do they now have some plan to oust Biden and was the ignoring/excluding more of a plan than an unfortunate backfire. If he's right, it will be interesting to witness the Dem oust Biden method - both how they'd pull it off and who they have in mind to elevate.
Kamala was sure in the middle of the "popular" group yesterday. Was that part of a plan or did she just successfully place herself there? Could Kamala possibly be the person Dems have in mind to elevate? That seems unlikely to me but are they feeling that desperate and out of options?
Maybe that was just a massive backfire - the plan to have a positive image of Biden and Obama being side by side not working out. But if it was just a backfire, it looked to be a rather big one, really portraying Biden as out of the loop and out of it in general.
Absolutely. Could they have anticipated that Obama wouldn't be able to turn it off even knowing why he was there.

I can't imagine they'd set up poor old Joe like that on purpose. Then again we may have to see how the media covers it - Joe as inept and helpless ...or Joe content to share the limelight with a friend? It's not the kind of coverage they wouldn't agree on ahead of time.

Constitution aside, I don't see how ,la would be anyone's choice to elevate should Biden be deposed. I think they'll do what they can to prop up poor old Joe until 2024.

Backfire ... misstep ... poor planning ... low medications? Whatever the reason, it was a tornadic extreme level disaster.

The good news is that 200K people will now gain coverage and nearly a million Americans will get more affordable coverage.
The bad news is that all those people and everyone else now has a clear picture of the addled old coot was foisted upon them as President. They should be pissed.

The bad news is that all those people and everyone else now has a clear picture of the addled old coot was foisted upon them as President. They should be pissed.
And the good news is…old coot is better than the orange mobbed up turd you people shoved down everyone’s throat for 4 years.

The people who voted for Biden are not Trump supporters, meaning they are not stupid. You don't get to speak for Biden voters and what they see and or think.

On Biden's worst day he's 1000 times better than that anti-American piece of shit he replaced.

I thought maybe it would hang in the FOX studio since he got most of his “policy” by watching it all day every day.
I was talking about Obama's portrait.

And the good news is…old coot is better than the orange mobbed up turd you people shoved down everyone’s throat for 4 years.

You'd have to be pretty partisan to believe that with the current state of affairs.

Ah, but you're refusing to accept that the Bidens themselves are mobbed up. I suppose you could convince yourself that forming their own mob makes it different ... but it doesn't.

That was really classless on the part of Obama.

Too many Republicans in the Senate and the House.

If you want the public option, we need more Democrats.
If you want healthcare funded by the taxpayers, take it up with your state as the only public healthcare is Medicare funded by Payroll taxes or Medicaid. Will never understand why anyone believes this is a federal responsibility is a country built on the private sector and personal responsibilities. Guess a lot of people have no idea where the money comes from that the gov't spends

He should do what Trump did. Make them pay attention. lol

Awkward......

You have been indoctrinated well, focus on a former President out of office or over a year Amazing what liberal propaganda and lies will create. Never in my life have I seen such hatred for a President who allowed you to keep more of what you earn and promoted personal responsibility. Guess that is just too much for some people.

Back
Top Bottom