• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Former President George H.W. Bush Dies At 94

Re: [R.I.P.] Former president George H.W. Bush dies at age 94

GHWB meeting Babe Ruth, two months before his own death. What a life (both of them, of course)!

bush ruth.jpg

Bush 1 did plenty of terrible things, but the kind lens of human memory and the current madness of Trump makes him appear nice.

This is true, though his campaign's Willie Horton ad was a disgusting (and successful) race baiting attempt to rile up racists in the GOP. Trump took that type of race baiting, and made it 1000X more blatant though.

This is true, though his campaign's Willie Horton ad was a disgusting (and successful) race baiting attempt to rile up racists in the GOP. Trump took that type of race baiting, and made it 1000X more blatant though.

The Bush campaign had nothing to do with that ad. Time doesn’t change facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Nota, the most admirable thing in the life of President Bush to me is his long marriage to Barbara. He sure didn't last long after her death. That is very common when two people have been one for so long and the first goes, the other follows shortly. A true love story. I remember in the past years both were hospitalized several times and on occasion both at the same time. Even ill, they would insist on being near the other as often as possible. They at times would be in two different hospital rooms and the one that could make it to the bedside of the other did so.

Their life certainly had its trials. The worst would be losing a child.

Rest in sweet peace President Bush.

I think you will enjoy reading this little article on the "We waited for you" cartoon drawn by Marshall Ramsey as a "bookend" to the one he drew after Barbara Bush died: 'We Waited for You': Political Cartoonist Honors George H.W. Bush | Fox News Insider

James Baker, who was with him when he died, said, “It was as gentle a passing as I think you could ever expect anyone to have. And he was ready.” https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/where-are-we-going-george-bushs-final-days/

Re: George H. W. Bush...is dead at 94.

The planet lost a world class gentleman last night. RIP President Bush.

I hate to rain on someones parade.But in the last couple years Old Man Bush was pretty
keen on Dissin' Donald Trump.I could say I get it.On account the way Donald Trump
humiliated Jeb in the Primaries.But Jeb caused most of that hisself.Letting guys like Joe
Scarborough cheerlead for him.
BTW ... The reason I'm not conceding " I get it " is because Bush 43 never Dissed on Trump.

Re: George H. W. Bush...is dead at 94.

I hate to rain on someones parade.But in the last couple years Old Man Bush was pretty
keen on Dissin' Donald Trump
.I could say I get it.On account the way Donald Trump
humiliated Jeb in the Primaries.But Jeb caused most of that hisself.Letting guys like Joe
Scarborough cheerlead for him.
BTW ... The reason I'm not conceding " I get it " is because Bush 43 never Dissed on Trump.
Any examples?

was probably before he went to Phillips Andover Academy in Andover Mass-it starts at 9th grade and was probably where he went before that-Greenwich Country Day

That has to be it, my mother's family was somewhere in that area at the time. I think that the entire time they had that picture, no one really realized he was in it, since he wasn't all that recognizable for a good 40 years to come.

In some ways that's a minor part of the whole thing.

It's what he did in office that makes Bush 1 terrible, not so much how he campaigned.

Russian President Vladimir Putin paid homage to former President George H.W. Bush on Saturday in a statement addressed to the late president's son, former President George W. Bush.

"Please, accept my deepest condolences on the death of your father, George Herbert Walker Bush, former president of the United States. An outstanding man, who has faithfully served his country all his life - with a weapon in his hands during the war and in senior government positions during peaceful times - is no longer with us," the Russian leader said.

“Realizing the significance of the constructive dialogue between the two major nuclear powers, George Bush Sr. did much to strengthen Russian-American relations and cooperation on international security issues,” he added.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ibute-to-george-hw-bush-he-was-a-real-partner

The Russian President pays his respects.

GHWB meeting Babe Ruth, two months before his own death. What a life (both of them, of course)!

View attachment 67245278

Never be another like him.The " Babe " that be.A true American original.
I wonder how many Frankfurters and bottles of beer that Big Lug downed.

This touching photo of Bush's service dog Sully lying in front of his casket will pull your heartstrings. I know it did mine. Rest in peace kind and ever faithful servant.

View attachment 67245363

The Bushies,especially Barbara were avid dog lovers.That in my humble opinion is a
trait that is extremely relevant and important.Because our Pets are God's gift to
humanity.In this Vein and also the virtue of Humility our current President is
a total loser.Plus Trump is a Germ Freak.Constantly wiping and washing his hands to
be Germ-free.This is not a good time for Trump.He is being reminded now repeatedly what
a True Leader and Man of Grace and respect had to offer.Rush Limbaugh explained today when he
visited the White House the first time under Bush 41.The elder Bush had a conversation and
explained his unwillingness to go after and Lambaste the Press as they were doing to him.
This was when he was preparing for Re-Election.
The Press and Bill Clintons attack dogs were dissing the Bush 41 Economy.That Economy
was not half-bad.Of course the famous pledge " Read my Lips ... No New Taxes " { 1988 Campaign }was his
unravelling when elected he did just that.

The Bushies,especially Barbara were avid dog lovers.That in my humble opinion is a
trait that is extremely relevant and important.Because our Pets are God's gift to
humanity.In this Vein and also the virtue of Humility our current President is
a total loser.Plus Trump is a Germ Freak.Constantly wiping and washing his hands to
be Germ-free.This is not a good time for Trump.He is being reminded now repeatedly what
a True Leader and Man of Grace and respect had to offer.Rush Limbaugh explained today when he
visited the White House the first time under Bush 41.The elder Bush had a conversation and
explained his unwillingness to go after and Lambaste the Press as they were doing to him.
This was when he was preparing for Re-Election.
The Press and Bill Clintons attack dogs were dissing the Bush 41 Economy.That Economy
was not half-bad.Of course the famous pledge " Read my Lips ... No New Taxes " { 1988 Campaign }was his
unravelling when elected he did just that.

Did you see 60 Minutes on Sunday? Bush Jr. spoke about how watching the criticism his father took from the media prepared him for his Presidency. First off he said it's unpleasant being the child of a President and watch someone love get lampooned, made fun of, and harshly criticized. It hurts. But when he became President the criticism didn't hurt him much because he had built up a "layer of asbestos" by then. When he asked if it hurt his father to see him being harshly criticized he said yes that that certainly did hurt him. Then he said, but you know what? We both understood that was part of the job and that it was a "good thing". It's good for country to have it's leaders held up to scrutiny. Much different message than the one we are hearing now. He also touched upon his father's ill fated "Read my lips. No new taxes" pledge. Saying that his father came to realize that raising taxes was the right thing to do for the country if not for his political future. Can you imagine #45 ever doing what is right even if it would be clearly detrimental to his own self interest? I can't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom