• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Barack Obama says he has tested positive for Covid-19

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

"I just tested positive for COVID," Obama wrote on Twitter. "I’ve had a scratchy throat for a couple days, but am feeling fine otherwise. Michelle and I are grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, and she has tested negative."

"It's a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven't already, even as cases go down," he added.

Glad he is vaccinated, and may he have a speedy recovery. (y)

Of course, we all hope that President Obama gets well very soon.

People, I feel, would do well at least for a little longer to stay away from large groups.

In fact, maybe some people are still staying away from even restaurants.

And if one goes to a supermarket, quickly get what you need and leave.

The fewer people one associates with, the better -- I assume.

President Obama, of course, meets many people who wish to speak with him.

So it is more difficult for him to avoid a lot of contacts.

One simply cannot catch covid who is as smart as former President Barrack Hussein Obama is. He is just way too cool to catch covid, and way too perfect. I'm not sure I should believe this news story.

article-0-0C308B85000005DC-40_468x627.jpg

Of course, we all hope that President Obama gets well very soon.

People, I feel, would do well at least for a little longer to stay away from large groups.

In fact, maybe some people are still staying away from even restaurants.

And if one goes to a supermarket, quickly get what you need and leave.

The fewer people one associates with, the better -- I assume.

President Obama, of course, meets many people who wish to speak with him.

So it is more difficult for him to avoid a lot of contacts.

I might agree with your advice, here.

My local numbers have come down greatly, but are still at a significant level, and seem to be holding steady - rather than dropping further.

Consequently, even though the masks have largely come-off, I still wear mine in public enclosed places.

I'm heartened that Omicron is now the highly predominate variant, and seems to be relatively mild in those I know who have had it. So, I am tempted to eschew avoiding it any further, given that I'm vaxxed and the variant doesn't seem much worse than the regular Flu. But, I'm still a bit wary of it.

One simply cannot catch covid who is as smart as former President Barrack Hussein Obama is. He is just way too cool to catch covid, and way too perfect. I'm not sure I should believe this news story.

Here ya go:

Something you can believe in, I'm sure.

He is in relatively good health without many preexisting conditions that are linked to serious concerns, who is wealthy and important enough to receive the best care available. Obama should be ok and recover from his illness without any long term effects. I hope he makes a full speedy recovery and is with us for many year to have his polices criticized

He is pretty cool

Covidiot. I hope he didn't spread it to anyone else.

I hope he recovers and suffers zero long term effects. Even mild covid has been linked to brain damage and other awful problems.

He is pretty cool

I might agree with your advice, here.

My local numbers have come down greatly, but are still at a significant level, and seem to be holding steady - rather than dropping further.

Consequently, even though the masks have largely come-off, I still wear mine in public enclosed places.

I'm heartened that Omicron is now the highly predominate variant, and seems to be relatively mild in those I know who have had it. So, I am tempted to eschew avoiding it any further, given that I'm vaxxed and the variant doesn't seem much worse than the regular Flu. But, I'm still a bit wary of it.
You are without a doubt intelligent enough to make an accurate risk assessment of your individual risk, but be aware even "mild" covid can be harmful.

Trump must be screwed
Yeah, he's in several high risk categories for sure. I suppose Obama is a smoker, but he has 15 years on Trump. Hopefully this doesn't close that gap.

Trump would probably have a stroke if he tried to throw a pitch. Lord knows the only thing that lard ass lifts is a hamburger to his mouth.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

This is news? A scratchy throat for two days?
that's a really good point. it's not news if you're vaccinated and boosted.

now, 5,516 Americans died of COVID in the last 5 days. i'm sure almost all were unvaccinated.

Trump would probably have a stroke if he tried to throw a pitch. Lord knows the only thing that lard ass lifts is a hamburger to his mouth.
There is some wisdom in not even attempting to throw a pitch all the way from the rubber in a major league park if you are only going to embarrass yourself and be seen throwing like a little girl. If you are a politician and you never rode a horse, then don't let anyone talk you into getting up on a horse for a photo op, becausue you will surely embarrass yourself.

Remember Mike Dukakis and this photo? His polling numbers dropped through the floor after this.

Dukakis-Tank.jpg

There is some wisdom in not even attempting to throw a pitch all the way from the rubber in a major league park if you are only going to embarrass yourself and be seen throwing like a little girl. If you are a politician and you never rode a horse, then don't let anyone talk you into getting up on a horse for a photo op, becausue you will surely embarrass yourself.

Remember Mike Dukakis and this photo? His polling numbers dropped through the floor after this.

Dukakis-Tank.jpg

Who cares?

He is in relatively good health without many preexisting conditions that are linked to serious concerns, who is wealthy and important enough to receive the best care available. Obama should be ok and recover from his illness without any long term effects. I hope he makes a full speedy recovery and is with us for many year to have his polices criticized
...most important, he was vaxxed. Most of CoVid cases that result in hospitalization or death are among the unvaxxed. If you are vaxxed, for the most part, its like getting the flu.

I've come to prefer Ricola for a scratchy throat.

Back
Top Bottom