• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former President Barack Obama says he has tested positive for Covid-19

Yeah, he's in several high risk categories for sure. I suppose Obama is a smoker, but he has 15 years on Trump. Hopefully this doesn't close that gap.
I believe he quit smoking in his first year as president. I sure hope he stayed away from them since.

You are without a doubt intelligent enough to make an accurate risk assessment of your individual risk,

Thank you!

but be aware even "mild" covid can be harmful.

Yeah, I'm not going to throw caution to the wind. But mask mandates here have largely been removed, so now personal decisions are coming into play. I still wear a mask indoors in enclosed public places. In those places I'm exposed to anywhere from 10-15% unmasked individuals, to as high as 80% or so, varying by the place & clientele. Also for reference, my immediate local area is over 70% 'fully' vaxxed, with over 80% having received at least one shot. So, we're reasonably vaxxed - though not exceptionally vaxxed.

Given the recent drastic drop in infections, I was getting inclined to fully 'normalize'. But, the decline is deceiving. My local daily infection numbers are still substantive, IMO. And even more concerning, they have seemingly stopped their decline the past two weeks - and plateaued.

Looking at the numbers in terms of absolute quantity, rather than as a geometric decline, I can see there's enough infection and virus floating around to be of a concern. And that has been a dampener on my desire of finally going free.

So, it looks like masks indoors, for me, for now!

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm not going to throw caution to the wind. But mask mandates here have largely been removed, so now personal decisions are coming into play. I still wear a mask indoors in enclosed public places. In those places I'm exposed to anywhere from 10-15% unmasked individuals, to as high as 80% or so, varying by the place & clientele. Also for reference, my immediate local area is over 70% 'fully' vaxxed, with over 80% having received at least one shot. So, we're reasonably vaxxed - though not exceptionally vaxxed.

Given the recent drastic drop in infections, I was getting inclined to fully 'normalize'. But, the decline is deceiving. My local daily infection numbers are still substantive, IMO. And even more concerning, they have seemingly stopped their decline the past two weeks - and plateaued.

Looking at the numbers in terms of absolute quantity, rather than as a geometric decline, I can see there's enough infection and virus floating around to be of a concern. And that has been a dampener on my desire of finally going free.

The fact that you are aware of yor local infection numbers, and their relative context, makes your decision, whatever it is, informed. I'm sure you'll be better prepared and respond more appropriately than most in your community. Hopefully numbers begin to drop again and we can all be back to normal, safely, very soon.

The fact that you are aware of yor local infection numbers, and their relative context, makes your decision, whatever it is, informed. I'm sure you'll be better prepared and respond more appropriately than most in your community.

Well, thank you! 🍻

Hopefully numbers begin to drop again and we can all be back to normal, safely, very soon.

The drop seems to be continuous, in over-all national terms.

But I'm a bit dismayed that in my very large & heavily populated metro area, the new infections have remained relatively constant, no longer dropping. Checking another large metro area, NYC, I see pretty much the same effect. NYC has only very slightly decreased tover he past two weeks, after a previous long & steep decline.

So, I'm thinking the infections in large cities may still be reasonably circulating, for whatever reason. And our personal mitigation decisions obviously must be dependent upon what is occurring right outside our door, not somewhere else in the state or country.

So yeah, I'm sticking with masks in public enclosed places, as long as I'm seeing the current local infection levels.

Now, if I were to become convinced the current variants are mild-enough to risk exposure given my vaccinated state, I might change my mitigation measures despite not seeing what I believe are ideal local numbers. No idea if I'll get to this last point, but I'll never rule anything out.

Remember when he had that big party and nobody wore a mask? The excuse makers said it was okay because they were smarter than everyone else. Well, here's to the Big Dummy. Get well, but we certainly don't need you.

Remember when he had that big party and nobody wore a mask? The excuse makers said it was okay because they were smarter than everyone else. Well, here's to the Big Dummy. Get well, but we certainly don't need you.
Yeah hes cool

One simply cannot catch covid who is as smart as former President Barrack Hussein Obama is. He is just way too cool to catch covid, and way too perfect. I'm not sure I should believe this news story.

article-0-0C308B85000005DC-40_468x627.jpg
He is an extremely popular former President.

Thank you!

I assume you are wearing an N95. Curious, did someone teach you how to fit it, it did you Google it?

I assume you are wearing an N95. Curious, did someone teach you how to fit it, it did you Google it?

No, I just deal with a surgical mask and make the most of it by trying to keep reasonable distance.

I hope Obama rots in hell where him and all filthy degenerate Marxist democrats belong.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving POS

I hope Obama rots in hell where him and all filthy degenerate Marxist democrats belong.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving POS

So sorry to disappoint you, but he is a Christian. :)

Back
Top Bottom